The Drunk Thread: Just Look at the Flowers

A True Kaniggit

11 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Nope :lol: I was eating, drinking lots of water and dancing all night as well - I forgot I had a mojito as well 

Dry martinis and gin tonics are among my favorites drinks, but somehow they give me blackouts as soon I exceed some (variable) dosage. Last time, like four hours of my life are unaccounted for. Witnesses swore they didn't notice me particularly drunk. I hate blackouts.

Better, bring those mojitos!

2 hours ago, rotting sea cow said:

Dry martinis and gin tonics are among my favorites drinks, but somehow they give me blackouts as soon I exceed some (variable) dosage. Last time, like four hours of my life are unaccounted for. Witnesses swore they didn't notice me particularly drunk. I hate blackouts.

Better, bring those mojitos!

I don't think I've ever really blacked out drunk even at my absolute worst I've had some semblance of what is going on

10 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I don't think I've ever really blacked out drunk even at my absolute worst I've had some semblance of what is going on

Most of times I also behave, even during (my few) blackouts, like last time. Just I hate remembering nothing.

A cousin on the other hand, cannot drink more than two beers.

Now it says rotting sea cow, but that thing has wings. I just don't know what's to believe anymore. 

Drove 1,250 miles last week to meet some family for a fishing trip. After three days of rain and cold, while only catching one trout, but with more than a dozen Yuengling drinken, I'd say it's been a good fishing trip. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I just realized the bar around campus in which I work at has "pitchers" of Long Islands for $7.50.  For the past (nearly) three years I've been getting double well-whiskeys and coke for $8.00.  And I'm friends with two of the main bartenders/managers.  I don't drink beer anymore - which is obviously much cheaper - but comparatively the 4-5 shots they put in those pitchers saves me a lot of money.  I'm kind of annoyed at said bartenders for not informing me of this this sooner, but drunk enough from the Long Islands that I don't care.  SOBs totally knew that was gonna be the case.

On 4/17/2017 at 5:50 PM, Theda Baratheon said:

Nothing quite like waking up the next day and having your friends/girlfriend tell you the stupid shit you did the night before that you can't for the life of you remember.  :lol:

On 4/26/2017 at 6:55 PM, A True Kaniggit said:

Now it says rotting sea cow, but that thing has wings. I just don't know what's to believe anymore. 

Drove 1,250 miles last week to meet some family for a fishing trip. After three days of rain and cold, while only catching one trout, but with more than a dozen Yuengling drinken, I'd say it's been a good fishing trip. 

Hey if you can't catch fish might as well catch a buzz.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know where to put this, but I'm drunk so I suppose here is good.  My dissertation chair has given me basically one year to finish the overview I recently presented.  In my field, this is incredibly fast - I only know of one person who has finished in their 4th year and he's a faculty member that uses this fact as a status symbol.  My dissertation chair is also named George.  

So, George is giving me an unusually speedy deadline.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2017 at 3:53 AM, DreamSongs said:

George sucks.  So does my warm beer.

I've never met George. But if he is giving people speedy deadlines, I'm assuming he's a monster on par with a Beholder at the very least.

As for warm beer...

I've heard myths of some beers that are actually good warm as long as they were created with that in mind. I'm not sure if I believe such wild tales. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/7/2017 at 10:52 PM, DreamSongs said:

Beer is cold.  Night is too chilly. Need sweatshirt.  Fuck you GA.

Yeah! Not because of the cold. But because when I drove through Georgia a month ago I was delayed an hour because of traffic/detours. Friggin interstate repairs. 

Yay Drunk Thread Anniversary! In honor of this special occasion I will spend the day thoroughly cleaning the house while intoxicated.

Archived