The Drunk Thread: Just Look at the Flowers

A True Kaniggit

18 hours ago, dmc515 said:

It's my birthday.  Or, well, I guess at this point it was.  This clip is super nostalgic for me.  And I'm so so very proud I've my own little sister, so it gets me in in that way.  Whatever, I'm drunk and stoned and it's my birthday.  Drinks I had today:  2 expertly made Long Islands, 2 Mohitos, 3 Jack and Cokes, 2 single malts, 1 JW Blue, and now at Beam and coke as people pass out.  Good day!

Happy Late Birthday! 

:cheers:

And you know what? I'll just go ahead and toast your 2019 birthday right now. Make sure I don't miss it. Damn I'm good at planning ahead.

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2016 at 1:00 AM, A True Kaniggit said:

Because the last drunk thread was archived after 21 days. (How does  that work anyways? I'm curious.)

My whisky is almost gone. I know it'll probably be too late by the time anyone gets this message, but should I take two big shots, or three small shots? The time has come to make the decision, and I just know I'm about to make the wrong decision for the wrong reasons.

And remember to plan ahead. Don't drink and drive. Not only do you endanger yourself, but you put other people at risk too. 

I am PLASTERED!  I have a bottle of wine in front of me and a cold glass of water.  yes.  I am drinking both. Fight me!  I swear to god I will kill the next person who "helpfully" shows up in this fucking kitchen.

I’m so drunk. And tomorrow I’ll go sailing with some friends I’ve just made while being drunk. It’s probably a pretty bad idea. But beer. And GT. I’ll tell you tomorrow how it went. By the way did I tell you I’m drunk? I love you guys. Oh I’m home. Good night everyone!

• 1 month later...
On 5/25/2018 at 6:09 PM, Erik of Hazelfield said:

I’m so drunk. And tomorrow I’ll go sailing with some friends I’ve just made while being drunk. It’s probably a pretty bad idea. But beer. And GT. I’ll tell you tomorrow how it went. By the way did I tell you I’m drunk? I love you guys. Oh I’m home. Good night everyone!

I've been lied to too many times.

2 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

I've been lied to too many times.

Sorry! I somehow forgot this post. Who woulda thunk? :P

What happened was that we didn’t go sailing but instead took my friend’s motorboat and had an awesome day as soon as the hangover transformed into a new drunkenness. It took some effort though, and lots of champagne, but man was it worth it!

44 minutes ago, Erik of Hazelfield said:

Sorry! I somehow forgot this post. Who woulda thunk? :P

What happened was that we didn’t go sailing but instead took my friend’s motorboat and had an awesome day as soon as the hangover transformed into a new drunkenness. It took some effort though, and lots of champagne, but man was it worth it!

Thanks. Maybe someday I can learn to trust again. It all started with you. "Thumbs Up".

Edit: Blah. Pretty sure I just lost the conversation. What conversation you ask? Only the inebriated know. At any rate, I'm pretty sure I lost. Unless..... Nah. I lost.

Edit 2: Unless.......

Maybe I didn't lose. I can only lose if the other party claims victory. If the other party doesn't claim victory, then of course I didn't lose.

Sound logic.

• 1 month later...

Well I got absolutely plastered with an awesome old lady last night on cider after a walk to the castle 

came back and my friend said let’s go into the pub, it was 3 so I said let’s walk a bit more but shes not much of a walker like me so we go into the pub. 

Legit the lovely local I’ve always dreamed of, cheeky old men who aren’t creepy, people that are there regularly and know everyone else ....and Gail

oh Gail, god bless ya. My new hero. 

Gail is a great grandmother who used to be a blacksmith for awhile, then she was in the circus for 5 years throwing knives, having knives thrown AT her, working with tigers and elephants (I mean not ethical now but it was a different time) 

then she she was in the merchant navy for 8 years but had to leave and look after her kids - she grew up early because she got married at 16, divorced at 18. So her mother looked after the kids for awhile when she wasn’t in the merchant navy. 

Then when she had to come back she trained Alsatian dogs for the police force and kept in contact with all her ship mates. 

And she told me lots of other stuff about her life and honestly she is amazing. 

She broke her wrist a couple weeks ago punching a violent man in the pub - sentence him to hospital for a few days because he had attacked the barmaid. 

And you know what I totally believe it. I love her!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2018 at 4:26 AM, larrytheimp said:

Got a nice buzz by the river with my bestie.  A few beers and some ganj, some friend mosquito bites, and an epic sunset.  Solved all the world's problems for about 5 minutes and then lost the secret.

You know what you must do now, right?

Try, try, and then try again to reach that state of enlightenment. And then once you do, save the friggin world this time.

Can anyone post here if one has just drank Fanta tonight pretending it to be some kind of alcoholic beverage?

(Not always been this but right now I consider myself a proud teetotaller)

Sorry, good thread keep going :)

3 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Can anyone post here if one has just drank Fanta tonight pretending it to be some kind of alcoholic beverage?

(Not always been this but right now I consider myself a proud teetotaller)

Sorry, good thread keep going :)

This is a thread for all. No matter what they're drinking.

Like when we did a round of shots, but filled some glasses with water so everyone could participate.

Or when we play beerpong with water in the cups so everyone can play, and people just drank what they wanted at their own rate.(any other way pressures people into drinking and is just disgusting)

Edit: OK. Yes, I did have they're at that spot. I noticed it 2 hours later. Let's move on, I fixed it.

1 minute ago, A True Kaniggit said:

This is a thread for all. No matter what they're drinking.

Like when we did a round of shots, but filled some glasses with water so everyone could participate.

Or when we play beerpong with water in the cups so everyone can play, and people just drank what they wanted at they're own rate.(any other way pressures people into drinking and is just disgusting)

Well, that was my take tonight with that drink, xd :P 

Goddamit.  I forgot about this thread and wailed into the void.  I blame a Lobster.  Oh, I will say that since he started the drunk thread, I have gotten in a LOT less trouble with the mods....

BAD DAY and I am trying to drink a whole box of wine before work at 9am.  It's 2 here.

@larrytheimp:hic:  :grouphug:

So while cleaning the pool I found something interesting. A rock (roughly 1 inch by 1 inch by 1/2 inch. But how did this rock come to be in an above ground pool you wonder? I thought the same thing. And I came up with 4 scenarios.

1) While the neighbor was mowing the rock got caught in a blade and was hurled so high it cleared the side of the pool.

2) Some random passerby ran into the backyard and dropped it in for no other reason than to be a dick.

3) A swallow was carrying it and dropped it in.

4) It fell from space.

Yeah. We all know which one is correct.

Space Rock.

On 8/30/2018 at 1:50 AM, Lily Valley said:

Goddamit.  I forgot about this thread and wailed into the void.  I blame a Lobster.  Oh, I will say that since he started the drunk thread, I have gotten in a LOT less trouble with the mods....

BAD DAY and I am trying to drink a whole box of wine before work at 9am.  It's 2 here.

@larrytheimp:hic:  :grouphug:

*sigh* Creatures of the sea are always getting shat upon by you landies. 

yesterday night I also pretended I had had a couple of drinks again despite still being a teetotaller. Sometimes I wonder if they put something in the Fanta since, despite clearly not being or behaving as drunk, I was asked several times "where to find that Vodka with Fanta" and I didn't feel the need to say "Hey, I know what you mean, but this is not Vodka".

I think I was the only person from a large crowd of young people with zero alcohol rate over there. It's still hard to be desinhibited (or getting rid of my irrational shyness that sometimes prevrnts the extrovert in me being how I am sometimes) witthout the effects alcohol but managed to do my best. Even surprising myself quite a lot. After all when everyone has drunk at least a beverage (or many many more) the pressure decreases.

A part of me kind of wanted to succumb to alcohol a little (even for just a beer which is basically the only alcoholic thing I like drinking...unless I want to deliberately grt drunk and then I could drink anything for that purpose) but I am proud I didn't and I still can consider myself a teetotaller.

My youngest self would have said I am crazy for doing that but still here...am I.

Nobody said it was easy to be shy with strangers while being more extraverted than introverted in nature (as absurd and difficult for some of us the combination still exists) but wihout drinking it goes to a different level.

Archived