Dany Now Has Two Stark Sympathizers By Her Side

[Deleted]

12 hours ago, Raeslewolhn said:

Exactly. One house she doesn't have to worry about. Likely Lannister, Frey and whoever they conquered or brought into the fold will fight her. Everyone else will be open and then see she is reasonable and just. She just has to keep the dragons under control and everything will be fine.

Great points.   Who knows, she might not even have the Freys against her, either.  They are notoriously unreliable, pretty weak as a house (compared to major houses), and now that Arya has crossed off Walder and his two eldest sons (I think), it's real speculative as to what the Freys might do when push comes to shove between Dany and what is left of House Lannister.

(Having said all that, just for clarity, I'll mention that I don't believe Dany will be the sole ruler in the end anyway.  I believe it will be a tri-archy, composed of Dany, Tyrion, and...somebody.) 

8 hours ago, Cron said:

Great points.   Who knows, she might not even have the Freys against her, either.  They are notoriously unreliable, pretty weak as a house (compared to major houses), and now that Arya has crossed off Walder and his two eldest sons (I think), it's real speculative as to what the Freys might do when push comes to shove between Dany and what is left of House Lannister.

(Having said all that, just for clarity, I'll mention that I don't believe Dany will be the sole ruler in the end anyway.  I believe it will be a tri-archy, composed of Dany, Tyrion, and...somebody.) 

Very true. What's left of the Frey bannermen will frey :-P... Triarchy/triumvirate seems likely enough. Those two are the most likely, definitely. I always figured the parallels with English history would mean Dany comes back and restores her house. But then again, it parallels world history as well. And Varys goes on about a new way, which is what Dany tries to be in many ways. As she gets more experience I think she's open to sharing power, depending on who and how. I kinda feel like Tyrion will hold down KL while Dany follows Jon to beat the WW, later.

I don't know if the north will never be independent, like Scotland so far. Or if the North will finally have a true King/queen. 

4 hours ago, Raeslewolhn said:

Very true. What's left of the Frey bannermen will frey :-P... Triarchy/triumvirate seems likely enough. Those two are the most likely, definitely. I always figured the parallels with English history would mean Dany comes back and restores her house. But then again, it parallels world history as well. And Varys goes on about a new way, which is what Dany tries to be in many ways. As she gets more experience I think she's open to sharing power, depending on who and how. I kinda feel like Tyrion will hold down KL while Dany follows Jon to beat the WW, later.

I don't know if the north will never be independent, like Scotland so far. Or if the North will finally have a true King/queen. 

I think Dany will split the power b/c (a) she knows there are people a lot more experienced and knowledgeable about the world (especially Westeros) than she is, especially Tyrion, (b) she accepts that her father truly was a "Mad King," and that no Targaryen can be trusted to hold complete power b/c of the risk of a repeat of that, and (c) she despites the day to day drudgery of ruling and making decisions anyway (we've seen her spending long boring days meeting people, and she really didn't seem to be having a very good time).

I could easily be wrong about this, but I believe Tyrion will be present at the final battle...as a dragon rider.   He's well suited for it b/c of his extensive knowledge of, and interest in, the dragons, and it gives him a way to really participate in the final battle, which he otherwise is unlikely to be able to do.   I think we've had a LOT of foreshadowing about this, as Tyrion has been practically obsessed with dragons for pretty much his entire life.

Again, I could be wrong, but I think the Seven Kingdoms will be united, under the tri-archy.

But hey, who knows, maybe we're in for a lot of really big surprises.

Only 6 more days until Season 7! 

Ahhh I can't wait! 

10 hours ago, Cron said:

I think Dany will split the power b/c (a) she knows there are people a lot more experienced and knowledgeable about the world (especially Westeros) than she is, especially Tyrion, (b) she accepts that her father truly was a "Mad King," and that no Targaryen can be trusted to hold complete power b/c of the risk of a repeat of that, and (c) she despites the day to day drudgery of ruling and making decisions anyway (we've seen her spending long boring days meeting people, and she really didn't seem to be having a very good time).

I could easily be wrong about this, but I believe Tyrion will be present at the final battle...as a dragon rider.   He's well suited for it b/c of his extensive knowledge of, and interest in, the dragons, and it gives him a way to really participate in the final battle, which he otherwise is unlikely to be able to do.   I think we've had a LOT of foreshadowing about this, as Tyrion has been practically obsessed with dragons for pretty much his entire life.

Again, I could be wrong, but I think the Seven Kingdoms will be united, under the tri-archy.

But hey, who knows, maybe we're in for a lot of really big surprises.

Only 6 more days until Season 7! 

I'm stoked to see the Poli drama play out, but whichever way, it'll be minor compared to The Great War! In that, I def expect a unified front too. I'm not a believer in ice vs fire/ Dany vs Jon.

Dany def splits power, all great points. I just donno if it's a triumvirate for real, like you say, or an equally respected Hand and Northern Prince/was technically under the Queen or something. 

Def love Tyrion riding a dragon! You're spot on with the foreshadowing of that one!  Tyrion as dragonrider also seems so probable, (like Tyrion eventually being imprisoned by his own family was). We rarely get an anticlimactic abandonment of such foreshadowing. I can think of so many surprising things that happened against seeming foreshadowing so I'm still super stoked and always unsure of what's to come! :D But it's always something, even if a twist, there's never foreshadow for no reason.

Maybe in S8 with Jaime holding it down during the final battle, if he's switched, since he knows KL. Someone native to be with Mesendei if she hangs back in The War.

I expect some point in season 7 Tyrion will be in charge while Dany is gone again, somewhere. I feel like we'll get one more of those :) A moment when Tyrion returns to KL triumphant, loved, pardoned by the people and redeemed in their eyes (hopefully for helping other people kill Cersei). 

OTOH, I could be SO wrong, and his trial and that poop-like last few weeks in KL might give us drama about Tyrion even going to KL or serving as Hand there. But I think the ppl know how bad Joff was and will see how bad Cersei is and forgive Tyrion. Also, they're mostly puppets, repeaters of saluting words, in this show.  

Either way, yay dragonriders and dragons killing WW! I think we can bank on the general idea and cg fun :)

11 hours ago, Raeslewolhn said:

Ahhh I can't wait! 

I'm stoked to see the Poli drama play out, but whichever way, it'll be minor compared to The Great War! In that, I def expect a unified front too. I'm not a believer in ice vs fire/ Dany vs Jon.

Agreed.

Dany def splits power, all great points. I just donno if it's a triumvirate for real, like you say, or an equally respected Hand and Northern Prince/was technically under the Queen or something. 

Well, this is just my opinion, but I believe GRRM wrote all that tri-archy stuff in ADWD for a reason.

And Tyrion KNOWS about it, it was in a Tyrion chapter, and his now highly influential to Dany.

And it really is the smartest way to go anyway (at least for Westeros, where democracy is not exactly "right around the corner")

Def love Tyrion riding a dragon! You're spot on with the foreshadowing of that one!  Tyrion as dragonrider also seems so probable, (like Tyrion eventually being imprisoned by his own family was). We rarely get an anticlimactic abandonment of such foreshadowing. I can think of so many surprising things that happened against seeming foreshadowing so I'm still super stoked and always unsure of what's to come! :D But it's always something, even if a twist, there's never foreshadow for no reason.

Yep.  Oh, and I even believe that Tyrion's "saddle designing" in AGOT is part of that, too.  I'm guessing Tyrion will design saddles for the dragons, at least for himself.

Maybe in S8 with Jaime holding it down during the final battle, if he's switched, since he knows KL. Someone native to be with Mesendei if she hangs back in The War.

Could be, but I could see Varys being more well suited for that role.  (Assuming Varys is really one of the good guys.)

I expect some point in season 7 Tyrion will be in charge while Dany is gone again, somewhere. I feel like we'll get one more of those :) A moment when Tyrion returns to KL triumphant, loved, pardoned by the people and redeemed in their eyes (hopefully for helping other people kill Cersei). 

Quite possible. Are you familiar with the alleged spoilers?

OTOH, I could be SO wrong, and his trial and that poop-like last few weeks in KL might give us drama about Tyrion even going to KL or serving as Hand there. But I think the ppl know how bad Joff was and will see how bad Cersei is and forgive Tyrion. Also, they're mostly puppets, repeaters of saluting words, in this show.  

Either way, yay dragonriders and dragons killing WW! I think we can bank on the general idea and cg fun :)

Agreed.  Can't wait to see Drogon this season.  He was enormous at the Battle of Slavers'/Dragons' Bay last year.  My goodness, how much bigger is he going to get???

On 7/10/2017 at 10:31 PM, Cron said:

Agreed.

Well, this is just my opinion, but I believe GRRM wrote all that tri-archy stuff in ADWD for a reason.

And Tyrion KNOWS about it, it was in a Tyrion chapter, and his now highly influential to Dany.

And it really is the smartest way to go anyway (at least for Westeros, where democracy is not exactly "right around the corner")

Yep.  Oh, and I even believe that Tyrion's "saddle designing" in AGOT is part of that, too.  I'm guessing Tyrion will design saddles for the dragons, at least for himself.

Could be, but I could see Varys being more well suited for that role.  (Assuming Varys is really one of the good guys.)

Quite possible. Are you familiar with the alleged spoilers?

Agreed.  Can't wait to see Drogon this season.  He was enormous at the Battle of Slavers'/Dragons' Bay last year.  My goodness, how much bigger is he going to get???

I didn't read ADWD :/. I'm waiting to finish the book series after the show ends. I read a lot about them with spoilers and essays online though, so I know what you're talking about. It definitely seems prudent for Westeros.

And saddle would be amazing, a good use of previous material. 

Varys is great in many ways, an apt adversary, good match for LF. So true. I love him, personally think he's good. But someone with military understanding is also needed. 

Spoiler

I have read through the /r/freefolk Google doc and threads, so mostly I would say yes to spoilerz.! 

They said 747 at some point right? Stoked for all dragons!!! 

1 hour ago, Raeslewolhn said:

I didn't read ADWD :/. I'm waiting to finish the book series after the show ends. I read a lot about them with spoilers and essays online though, so I know what you're talking about. It definitely seems prudent for Westeros.

And saddle would be amazing, a good use of previous material. 

Varys is great in many ways, an apt adversary, good match for LF. So true. I love him, personally think he's good. But someone with military understanding is also needed. 

I have read through the /r/freefolk Google doc and threads, so mostly I would say yes to spoilerz.!

They said 747 at some point right? Stoked for all dragons!!! 

Yeah, Drogon was pretty enormous at the Battle of Slavers/Dragon Bay.

There's one shot in particular where you can really see the scale of how big he is, when they show Dany on him from a distance.  She looks like a little mouse riding on the neck of a horse.

Think I heard that this year, Season 7, is as big as we will see him get, though.

15 hours ago, Cron said:

Yeah, Drogon was pretty enormous at the Battle of Slavers/Dragon Bay.

There's one shot in particular where you can really see the scale of how big he is, when they show Dany on him from a distance.  She looks like a little mouse riding on the neck of a horse.

Think I heard that this year, Season 7, is as big as we will see him get, though.

Yeah they're already huge. 

Their size cap was in an interview, and it makes sense, they can only get so big to have good Cinema.

Also, I try not to base predictions on leaks and memes. Reading book info here is more fruitful, I think. And to see what was changed. I love spoilers but I don't bank on them or drop them on others!

9 hours ago, Raeslewolhn said:

Yeah they're already huge. 

Their size cap was in an interview, and it makes sense, they can only get so big to have good Cinema.

Also, I try not to base predictions on leaks and memes. Reading book info here is more fruitful, I think. And to see what was changed. I love spoilers but I don't bank on them or drop them on others!

Pretty sure I once heard that GRRM says his dragons are more powerful than Smaug in LOTR or at least have the potential to become more powerful, which makes sense, since we've been told that in ASOIAF dragons will continue to grow as long as they have plenty of food and room to roam.

I'm not sure if that last part can be literally true, though.  My goodness, I would think that after a while they would get so huge they couldn't even more, much less fly.  (As I recall, I once saw a formula for calculating the mass of giants and giant-sized creatures.  As I recall, if you square the height, you cube the mass.  Before long, the muscles and bones simply are not enough to support or move the weight anymore, unless you've got "magic," I suppose, and maybe that's the case with dragons, but actually Drogon is already just about as big as any dragon we know of in history, or close to it.)  

Archived