I had tears well up in my eyes twice this season. The first time was during the Hodor reveal. That was was a heart-wrenching gut-punch. But tonight it happened when Dany named Tyrion Hand of the Queen. I just found that so amazingly heartwarming and Peter Dinklage absolutely nailed that scene.

So much to digest but my biggest takeaway is how utterly screwed Cersei is. She has 2 great houses aligned against her in the North* and FOUR great Houses about to land in the South along with 3 dragons. I have to believe her only move is align with Euron Greyjoy with marriage alliance. Helloooooo,  Valonqar!

*Sansa and LF's jealous looks near the end have me worried. I recall why GRRM created Sansa...family members often don't get along. 

7 minutes ago, Raksha 2014 said:

Won't any remaining Lannister troops be a bit annoyed by Cersei having killed Kevan and Lancel in the Wildfire Barbecue?

No because only Qyburn and Cersei know she was responsible. To everyone else it looks like the sept was destroyed in a freak accident. Tommen knew because he was prevented from attending. But he is dead.

I think Jamie suspects but only because he knows what a depraved bitch his sister is.

5 minutes ago, Robb_Warged said:

So BookJaime is back on

I think so. I thought that the earlier scenes of them kissing were setting up for Jamie to turn. 

Jamie certainly served notice that he isn't going to be helping the new Frey get the riverlands back. Not that it matters much with them being dead. Now their children are dead, there is no reason for Jamie to support Cersei.

Something I've been thinking about that happened last episode regarding Sansa....... She tells Jon that "No one" can protect her, and that "no one" can protect anybody..... With Arya back in the picture (and apparently being able to do a full faceless man face swap), I wonder if Sansa + Arya team ends up being what removes Littlefinger from the game, or perhaps stopping some kind of assassination plot by Cersei (who now apparently would have the power to do that from Kings Landing)

As per the Varys teleportation thing.... Ughh that was mega cringe worthy.... They really need to try and do a better job of relating the idea that these scenes aren't happening as rapid fire sequentially as they appear.... and that, unless specifically referrenced between different characters, the clips aren't even in sequence relative to one another.

In that particular mess of a scenario.... the only way it makes sense is if:

-Tyion ruling Mereen was months of time

-Varys leaving Mereeen occurred early

-The Ironborn arrived days, if not weeks after the Battle

-Varys gets to Dorne,

-Cersei burns the Sept down, becomes Queen.

-Dorne/Varys summon Olenna

-Olenna agrees to the alliance.

-Varys + Dornish and Reach ships sale to Mereeen

-Daenarys actually has enough ships to go to Westeros

-Varys standing next to Daenarys and Tyrion on the boat.

This is also going to mean that Cersei will be ruling unopposed in King's Landing.... for all of:

-The time it takes a raven to spread the news to the Reach, and to Dorne

-The time it takes Dorne to invite Olenna, and then Olenna to travel to Dorne

-The time it takes for the entirety of the Dornish and Reach-ish? fleets to sale to Mereen

-the time it takes for them to sale to back to Westeros with Daenarys

All before Daenarys makes landfall.... Sounds like a few months at least.

Then again, none of that addresses how Jaime marched up to Riverrun, then the Twins, then all the way back to Kings landing in time to see the Sept still smoldering..... given how close Cersei's trial was supposed to be when he was still arguing about departing in the first place.

Edited by Epyon

6 minutes ago, Bear Claw said:

I got the impression that Dany was going to marry Jon. Who is backing Cersei? It looks like Jaimie is going to take his army home.

While that may be possible in the long run (although I pray not), I don't for see it happening anytime soon.  They would be foolish to pass up a potential Dany vs Jon conflict, even if it is only temporary.  It's a dream scenario for the writers. You have two massively beloved characters, both of whom have been built up over 6 seasons, and now you have a chance to pit the characters and their fan bases against each other and essentially break the internet.  

Edited by Ser Blake

1 minute ago, Trebla said:

I had tears well up in my eyes twice this season. The first time was during the Hodor reveal. That was was a heart-wrenching gut-punch. But tonight it happened when Dany named Tyrion Hand of the Queen. I just found that so amazingly heartwarming and Peter Dinklage absolutely nailed that scene.

So much to digest but my biggest takeaway is how utterly screwed Cersei is. She has 2 great houses aligned against her in the North* and FOUR great Houses about to land in the South along with 3 dragons. I have to believe her only move is align with Euron Greyjoy with marriage alliance. Helloooooo,  Valonqar!

*Sansa and LF's jealous looks near the end have me worried. I recall why GRRM created Sansa...family members often don't get along. 

She will have the Tyrells against her now too.. she wont have their economic support anymore

The episode was better once we got to the end and got the endgames of all involved in terms of what they wanted. WE got LF wants to be on the throne, Cersei finally gets to be the queen outright, Varys gets some pro-Targ allies who want to kill Cersei, Jon becomes King, and Dany and the savages are coming. It was still slightly boring but we got some good stuff. I still wish we wouldve got LS killing Walder Frey, but at least a Stark did him in and Arya got another off her list.

Now we've got cray cray Cersei and a WTF Jamie in KL who no one will align themselves with. She basically became the queen of nothing bc anyone allied with them are all against them or are dead. I wonder what Sansa will do now. Im a little surprised no one vouched for her but I think what Mormont said to her before about is she a Lannister or a Bolton is how they all feel about her, and that theyd take a bastard over her is pretty shocking, so maybe LF will get his wish

Glad the did Frey pies even in shorthand form. And very satisfying blow up of the faith, though RIP the queen.

All I can think now is please please please can we have an Arya/Nymeria reunion next season? Giant wolf pack with Arya killing white walkers riding on Nymeria?

1 minute ago, Ser Blake said:

While that may be possible in the long run (although I pray not), I don't for see it happening anytime soon.  They would be foolish to pass up a potential Dany vs Jon conflict, even if it is only temporary.  It's a dream scenario for the writers. You have two massively beloved characters, both of whom have been built up over 6 seasons.  Now you have a chance to pit the characters and their fan bases against each other and essentially break the internet.  

I really would have liked to see a hint of the conflict in this episode. 

1 minute ago, Trebla said:

That's a REALLY interesting idea about Cersei and Euron. Now that I could see happening. Jaime is definitely going to turn on her. 

I loved the Dany scene with Tyrion as well. It was just really sweet. 

LF's look certainly was ominous. Sansa needs to keep him close and not reject him completely and I believe she will. 

6 minutes ago, Bear Claw said:

I got the impression that Dany was going to marry Jon. Who is backing Cersei? It looks like Jaimie is going to take his army home.

I'm actually beginning to think that Dany will rule the South and Jon will remain King in the North, possibly after solidifying his claim to it by stopping the White Walkers and proving his Targ blood (somehow).

1 minute ago, Robb_Warged said:

Very proud of Sansa refusing Littlefinger's kiss.  Hoping a relationship between the two never comes to fruition.  Hoping the Hound is Sansa's equivalent of Cersei's Gregor

Sandor is the only thing I am looking forward to next season.

1 minute ago, boodofmyblood said:

That's a REALLY interesting idea about Cersei and Euron. Now that I could see happening. Jaime is definitely going to turn on her. 

I loved the Dany scene with Tyrion as well. It was just really sweet. 

LF's look certainly was ominous. Sansa needs to keep him close and not reject him completely and I believe she will. 

Great idea! Cersei, Euron, and Littlefinger!

9 minutes ago, Sonoftheharpie said:

I sensed Santa's look was not one of jealousy at all, but one of absolute disdain for LF. She was grinning ear-to-ear when they pronounced Jon King until she caught LF's gaze.....

I am beginning to question Sophie's acting skills. I had the same impression as you, but a lot of other people read her differently.

Edited by Bear Claw

1 minute ago, BeeStark said:

She will have the Tyrells against her now too.. she wont have their economic support anymore

Yup, Starks and Arryns in the North, Targaryen, Martell, Tyrell, and Greyjoys in the South. And now that we mention it, a Lannister is sailing with Queen Dany and he has a stronger claim to Casterly Rock. These days, regicide and kinslaying ain't what they used to be!

3 minutes ago, Sonoftheharpie said:

I sensed Santa's look was not one of jealousy at all, but one of absolute disdain for LF. She was grinning ear-to-ear when they pronounced Jon King until she caught LF's gaze.....

Yes. I think she was happy until she remembered the snake in the room. She knows to be worried about him. It's possible that he knows the truth about Jon and would have no issue killing him to help himself.