8 minutes ago, Bear Claw said:

I am beginning to questions Sophie's acting skills. I had the same impression as you, but a lot of other people read her differently.

I saw it the same. When she saw LF and his creepy look her smile dropped. It wasn't jealousy. She's worried about LF's intentions.

Edited by boodofmyblood

For me, this was the best episode of a mediocre season:

Cons:

Tommen's sudden suicide; there was not enough buildup to make me believe a healthy boy of 15 would kill himself because his wife and spiritual advisor were dead.

How does Olenna have any power left to barter with Ellaria?  Her son and grandchildren are dead, her House and line are ended.  

Varys jetting around Planetos via the Littlefinger Teleporter.

Why would Cersei want Pycelle dead?

Why is Jon looking so hangdog as he's being acclaimed as The King in the North?  Is it that Kit can't act, or is feeling ill, or is Jon remembering what happened to the last King in the North?

And where the heck is Ghost?  He should be with Jon and Sansa in Winterfell!

Pro's:

Cersei executing a very competent and unexpected coup.  (and looking Fabulous in her new outfit, which suits her better than the Lannister red and gold medieval brocaded gowns ever did)  Don't know how long she can last, as a Queen without heirs and probably limited support, but for now, all hail Queen Cersei, First of Her Name.

Tyrion following in his father's footsteps as Hand to a Targaryen ruler.  (first really good Tyrion scene of the season, he was drastically under-used this season)

Daenerys' cheerfully giving Daario his walking papers, and not regretting it.  

Daenerys' long-overdue departure for Westeros, with hundreds of dragon-prowed and Greyjoy ships and her cargo of Unsullied and Dothraki and horses and the gorgeousness of the three dragons flying above.  (although I really pity Westeros; as if Winter and White Walkers weren't coming, the land will have to survive Dothraki marauders/rapists and Unsullied warriors and Iron Islanders and probably Fields of Fire)

Melisandre going into exile.  Good riddance.  The only reason she's still alive is because she brought Jon back to life.

Little Lady Lyanna Mormont, who can compete with Sansa to be named the MVP of Team Stark, initiating Jon's big promotion.  The King In The North, woo-HOO!

Sansa not throwing Jon under the bus and seeming to fully support him and not be falling for LF's lines.  Of course, she did promise to reward him and hasn't done so yet.  Hopefully she'll eventually reward LF with a quick death.

Sam getting to explore the Citadel library.  (I don't know how he's going to support Gilly and the kid, though)

The presence of Lord Manderly along with Lords Cerwyn and Glover.  Almost enough to make up for the casting of House Umber as traitors.

Finally, Promise Me Ned and Jon being Lyanna's child (though they haven't spelled out that Rhaegar's his dad).

1 minute ago, jobmartell said:

Where did Benjen leave Bran? And, unless it's a few feet from the wall and it's protective spells weaved into the ice, why didn't you leave your crippled nephew your fucking horse to ride? 

That is what I thought. Poor Bran and Meera.

Edited by Bear Claw

1 minute ago, jobmartell said:

Where did Benjen leave Bran? And, unless it's a few feet from the wall and it's protective spells weaved into the ice, why didn't you leave your crippled nephew your fucking horse to ride? 

Especially since he should have a moose anyway

4 minutes ago, Bear Claw said:

I am beginning to questions Sophie's acting skills. I had the same impression as you, but a lot of other people read her differently.

It's probably because they wear hate-tinted glasses which skews and warps every thing Sansa does lol.

I really wish show Euron was as interesting as book Euron is.  Based on the current political alliances at the end of this episode, I feel as if a Euron + Cersei marriage is a real possibility.  The amount of insanity in that power couple would be brilliant to watch.

1 hour ago, HeroesAndVillains said:

Ok what they are just taking the mick now lol. I swear they just throw in these things to fuel the teleport comments. Varys had no reason to be there. Yes it was an awesome scene but still NO REASON. 

I don't think they need to spell out a fair amount of time has passed. It was the last scene of the episode. 

Just now, Ser Blake said:

I really wish show Euron was as interesting as book Euron is.  Based on the current political alliances at the end of this episode, I feel as if a Euron + Cersei marriage is a real possibility.  The amount of insanity in that power couple would be brilliant to watch.

Lmao this marriage will be amazing 

1 minute ago, Raksha 2014 said:

For me, this was the best episode of a mediocre season:

Cons:

Tommen's sudden suicide; there was not enough buildup to make me believe a healthy boy of 15 would kill himself because his wife and spiritual advisor were dead.

How does Olenna have any power left to barter with Ellaria?  Her son and grandchildren are dead, her House and line are ended.  

She still controls the Reach and has the power the name an heir...

Varys jetting around Planetos via the Littlefinger Teleporter.

Why would Cersei want Pycelle dead?

Why wouldn't she? I wanted him dead.

Why is Jon looking so hangdog as he's being acclaimed as The King in the North?  Is it that Kit can't act, or is feeling ill, or is Jon remembering what happened to the last King in the North?

My take on that was that he felt awkward having just told Sansa she was the only true Stark/the Lady of Winterfell

And where the heck is Ghost?  He should be with Jon and Sansa in Winterfell!

Thursday, August 6th, 1996: Game of Thrones is published.

1997: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

1998: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

1999: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2000: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2001: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2002: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2003: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2004: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2005: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2006: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2007: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2008: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2009: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2010: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2011: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2012: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2013: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2014: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2015: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2016: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

Sunday, June 26th, 2016: We learn that Jon is the son not of Ned Stark but of his sister Lyanna by the crown prince Rhaegar Targaryen, the rightful heir to both the Iron Throne and the Throne of Winter alike.

1 minute ago, Ser Blake said:

Be happy to send them some daggers as a wedding gift.  Of course, it might be a question of which spouse kills the other spouse first.  

4 minutes ago, Quyen Thuy Tran said:

Lmao this marriage will be amazing 

I'm trying to think of a way in which it would be feasible in the novels, and the only way I can plausibly see it happening is if Cersei takes the same actions as she did in this episode, is crowned queen and then flees to Casterly Rock before Aegon and Friends sack KL. 

Honestly it's a pretty crackpot theory, but it would be entertaining as hell.  I mean can you imagine the hilarity that would be a Cersei chapter in which marries Euron?

Edited by Ser Blake