3 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Thursday, August 6th, 1996: Game of Thrones is published.

1997: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

1998: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

1999: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2000: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2001: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2002: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2003: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2004: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2005: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2006: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2007: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2008: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2009: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2010: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2011: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2012: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2013: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2014: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2015: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2016: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

Sunday, June 26th, 2016: We learn that Jon is the son not of Ned Stark but of his sister Lyanna by the crown prince Rhaegar Targaryen, the rightful heir to both the Iron Throne and the Throne of Winter alike.

It was a long wait. He's not the heir to the north though. That is bran. 

13 minutes ago, Sonoftheharpie said:

I sensed Santa's look was not one of jealousy at all, but one of absolute disdain for LF. She was grinning ear-to-ear when they pronounced Jon King until she caught LF's gaze.....

Sansa was definitely on Team Jon for this episode.  She supported him from the beginning of the episode, told him she didn't trust Littlefinger, didn't give Littlefinger anything, smirked at LF when Jon was proclaimed KiTN, seemed quite pleased that Jon was in charge, or at least not upset.  I think she's worried as to what LF will do; since LF was looking very annoyed (at her/with her/with the turn of events).

24 minutes ago, Raksha 2014 said:

I was just glad to see that the showrunners remembered, and brought back, the Cerwyns and Glovers and Lord Manderly along with the Littlest Kingmaker (yay, Lady Mormont!).

I really like that kid.

22 minutes ago, Sonoftheharpie said:

Watching Arya cut Walder Frey's throat and serve his sons to him in pie made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside... :D

I really like that kid.

21 minutes ago, Robb_Warged said:

Was the Septon Unella/Mountain scene trying to imply rape?

How does it imply that? Being chained to a table with nothing but an undead Mountain for company 'till the day I die would freak me out a bit too.

Can Robert Strong "rape"?

1 minute ago, Stannis Lives said:

And then Sansas children.

Then again, I guess you could be King in the North, but not the Lord of Winterfell. I don't think there is any rule that that must be the same person. So bran could rule Winterfell until his death (since the books state he won't have any children).

1 minute ago, Raksha 2014 said:

Sansa was definitely on Team Jon for this episode.  She supported him from the beginning of the episode, told him she didn't trust Littlefinger, didn't give Littlefinger anything, smirked at LF when Jon was proclaimed KiTN, seemed quite pleased that Jon was in charge, or at least not upset.  I think she's worried as to what LF will do; since LF was looking very annoyed (at her/with her/with the turn of events).

I was hoping that Jon was going to confront LF.

1 minute ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I really like that kid.

I really like that kid.

How does it imply that? Being chained to a table with nothing but an undead Mountain for company 'till the day I die would freak me out a bit too.

Can Robert Strong "rape"?

I assumed torture... and having to live her last days with an 'abomination', proof that dark magic is stronger than her god.

15 minutes ago, Trebla said:

Yup, Starks and Arryns in the North, Targaryen, Martell, Tyrell, and Greyjoys in the South. And now that we mention it, a Lannister is sailing with Queen Dany and he has a stronger claim to Casterly Rock. These days, regicide and kinslaying ain't what they used to be!

Nope Jaime was kicked out of the KG and has always been more a leader men will follow than Tyrion.

2 minutes ago, Stannis Lives said:

I don't think it matters anymore. Sansa and Jon both know Bran wasn't killed. Sansa is a trueborn Stark. The northerners all agreed with Jon as King. After what he learned tonight, I don't think Bran is going to argue for his position back. Being the last greenseer is more important. He also will realize have a Northern King who is part Targaryen, especially when a Targaryen is about to conquer the South, will have advantages.

1 minute ago, Lady Stouthearted said:

Tommen's suicide was a jump the shark move. It's like the writers didn't know what to do with him, so let him jump from the castle. And dare I say, I enjoyed the bombing of KL. It was the most entertaining part of the show besides Frey Pie. 

Interested to see how it plays out in the books.

4 minutes ago, Raksha 2014 said:

Yeah I think she realized LF is pissed that he didn't get his way and now Jon is an obstacle to be dealt with.

Just now, Boarsbane said:

Nope Jaime was kicked out of the KG and has always been more a leader men will follow than Tyrion.

Well then, that will depend on Jaime being in Cersei's good graces. If Jaime disagrees with her with next acts ( she often sees disagreement  as defiance) she could order him to re-take his office as Lord Commander. Hand of the King is out of the question because Qyburn was wearing the badge of office when he crowned Cersei.

1 minute ago, Ser Blake said:

New mega crackpot. Dany's fleet will run into Gendry and his rowboat on the way to Westeros and she will marry him to win support of the Stormlands.  

what if gendry gets confused with the massive fleet and randomly punches holes sinking them? i mean c'mon.. he could probably punch the mountain's head off ;)

I have a sort of hollow feeling inside now. This season just ended way too upbeat for my liking. We know Jon is the kid of L+J, now, Dany is finally on her way, Arya's home and may meet Melisandre as Mel predicted in season three, Cersei has fulfilled her destiny and all it took was the death of all of her kids, Jaime finally sees his sister for what she is, Tyrion is actually right where he needs to be. 

All the pieces are in tact. Too perfectly for my liking. Where is the curveball D+D? 

It was, however, a great episode for fans of the show. I haven't visited the criticism thread and I won't. They're undoubtedly tearing GRRM to shreds for allowing the show to spoil the book's greatest mystery... 

37 minutes ago, Ser Blake said:

It's incredible how much this episode streamlined the entire narrative.  It's evident that the show runners are setting up a war of 1 King & 2 Queens for Season 7 and are trying to divide the audience up into camps (i.e. Team Jon, Team Dany, Team Cersei).  

Team Jon & Team Dany will unite, IMO. Maybe not right away but Jon needs Dany for the WWs, and she needs him if she wants to unite the kingdoms. 

37 minutes ago, boodofmyblood said:

Yeah that's what I've heard from book readers. I guess I'm lucky to not have read them yet. I'm thinking if they want to make him comparable to Ramsay as a villain he'll have to present a challenge. 

Yeah, book Euron is a fucking child molester.