Just now, Winter Blues said:

I have a sort of hollow feeling inside now. This season just ended way too upbeat for my liking. We know Jon is the kid of L+J, now, Dany is finally on her way, Arya's home and may meet Melisandre as Mel predicted in season three, Cersei has fulfilled her destiny and all it took was the death of all of her kids, Jaime finally sees his sister for what she is, Tyrion is actually right where he needs to be. 

All the pieces are in tact. Too perfectly for my liking. Where is the curveball D+D? 

It was, however, a great episode for fans of the show. I haven't visited the criticism thread and I won't. They're undoubtedly tearing GRRM to shreds for allowing the show to spoil the book's greatest mystery... 

That is how I feel. It looks so predictable now (maybe I am wrong). I am going to the criticism thread. 

25 minutes ago, jobmartell said:

Where did Benjen leave Bran? And, unless it's a few feet from the wall and it's protective spells weaved into the ice, why didn't you leave your crippled nephew your fucking horse to ride? 

And what makes you think Benjen’s horse could pass the Wall’s protective spells woven into the ice?

That said, it’s going to be damned hard for Meera to drag Bran around.  I suspect that Bran will be summoning help.

3 minutes ago, The Smuggler said:

what if gendry gets confused with the massive fleet and randomly punches holes sinking them? i mean c'mon.. he could probably punch the mountain's head off ;)

it wouldn't be weird at all if gendry appears out of thin air and can now punch clouds appart like saitama. the writing doesn't make much sense this last few seasons i only watch the show because it looks nice.

19 minutes ago, Stannis Lives said:

It was a long wait. He's not the heir to the north though. That is bran. 

Just like Theon is the heir to the Seastone Throne, right?  How does that work?

Bran has more important things to do just right now.  Although in the end he too has a throne long prepared for him, one wrought of living weirwood roots.

In any event, the North have chosen their Stark King, and his name is Jon.

11 minutes ago, Trebla said:

Well then, that will depend on Jaime being in Cersei's good graces. If Jaime disagrees with her with next acts ( she often sees disagreement  as defiance) she could order him to re-take his office as Lord Commander. Hand of the King is out of the question because Qyburn was wearing the badge of office when he crowned Cersei.

She has no authority over him really, if he does take up the position again then he's going to be Cersei's manservant the rest of the series it seems

Edited by Boarsbane

2 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

And what makes you think Benjen’s horse could pass the Wall’s protective spells woven into the ice?

That said, it’s going to be damned hard for Meera to drag Bran around.  I suspect that Bran will be summoning help.

I'm not saying his horse could, I'm saying he could of lent Meera and bran his ride or taken them there himself, or taken turns dropping Bran off then going back to pick up Meera or not dropping him on the ground then saying have fun you crazy kids, benjens out!!

20 minutes ago, Chloe.a.thomson said:

And then Sansas children.

Then again, I guess you could be King in the North, but not the Lord of Winterfell. I don't think there is any rule that that must be the same person. So bran could rule Winterfell until his death (since the books state he won't have any children).

You guys are still being too legalistic here.  It simply isn't realistic. This is war, when the law falls silent.  Ask Robert.

Jon’s is now King by popular acclaim. Again, ask Robert.

Plus Aemon’s Jon’s ancestry is impeccable, although it will take time for that to come to light.

Okay legit question regarding Bran as heir to the North

Since he's crippled from the waist down, he can't really have children or anything, can he? I mean, usually you lose all function in that area. (If they wanted to be really realistic, someone would have to change his clothes and wipe his arse every so often because he would literally just shit himself all the time)

Since he can't have children, wouldn't that mean that Winterfell passes on to Sansa when he dies, since she's next in line? 

Would Bran even try to claim Winterfell or KitN? He's the new 3ER. I have a feeling that's a full time job.

23 minutes ago, Lady Stouthearted said:

Tommen's suicide was a jump the shark move. It's like the writers didn't know what to do with him, so let him jump from the castle. 

PLEASE don’t talk about George Martin that way. I’m sure he knew precisely what to do with Tommen, and did it.

1 minute ago, Pandean said:

Okay legit question regarding Bran as heir to the North

Since he's crippled from the waist down, he can't really have children or anything, can he? I mean, usually you lose all function in that area. (If they wanted to be really realistic, someone would have to change his clothes and wipe his arse every so often because he would literally just shit himself all the time)

Since he can't have children, wouldn't that mean that Winterfell passes on to Sansa when he dies, since she's next in line? 

Would Bran even try to claim Winterfell or KitN? He's the new 3ER. I have a feeling that's a full time job.

I think when Bran decided to be the 3ER, he forfeited the Lordship of Winterfell by default. It doesn't seem possible to be both.

2 minutes ago, of man and wolf said:

I still dont understand the point of the High Sparrow and why Margeary, Loras and Tommen just decided to seemingly go with them? Why did they just give in?

Tommen is a child, Margeary had a plan (she was never "with" the HS), and Loras gave up. 

9 minutes ago, The Smuggler said:

btw, since jon is now KitN, you guys think he'll "legitimize himself" and change his name to Stark?

I’m sure our newly revealed young Aemon Targaryen can choose whatever name he pleases to rule under, but it will probably not be that one. ;)