17 minutes ago, Winter Blues said:

I have a sort of hollow feeling inside now. This season just ended way too upbeat for my liking. 

It’s been six years of torture. The writers knew they had to give us the payback on the debt they’d been building during all that time.

Anything else would have given folks a fatal case of winter blue balls.

Just now, Pandean said:

That was my thought.

And, no offense to anyone, I don't know if the Lords of the North or anyone else would follow a paralyzed child. Part of earning respect is earning it on the battlefield. So I'm with you. I don't think Bran would pursue that at all.

10 minutes ago, Pandean said:

Okay legit question regarding Bran as heir to the North

Since he's crippled from the waist down, he can't really have children or anything, can he? I mean, usually you lose all function in that area. (If they wanted to be really realistic, someone would have to change his clothes and wipe his arse every so often because he would literally just shit himself all the time)

Since he can't have children, wouldn't that mean that Winterfell passes on to Sansa when he dies, since she's next in line? 

Would Bran even try to claim Winterfell or KitN? He's the new 3ER. I have a feeling that's a full time job.

Spine paralysis doesn't affect your genitals. He can still do it.

Lyanna clearly mouthed "his name is..."  Also I think it was pretty damn striking that Ned clearly stands the Greatsword DAWN at the foot of the bed...  I know it's probably R+L=J but I'm still holding out hope that Arthur Dayne is Jon's father and DAWN will be what Jon finds in Lyanna's crypt. He is the Sword of the Morning. The one promised to battle the Night King and end the Long Night. 

1 minute ago, lfcfan said:

Is his spine paralyzed or did he break his spinal cord at a certain point? Different things, I think. If he paralyzed his spine, that would mean he just couldn't stand up/walk/etc. If he paralyzed his spinal cord, then all places below would lose their function.

I think. Don't quote me. I went to alternative school and was released into college with about the equivalent of a 5th grader's education because alternative schools suck.

2 minutes ago, Arya Gendry said:

And, no offense to anyone, I don't know if the Lords of the North or anyone else would follow a paralyzed child. Part of earning respect is earning it on the battlefield. So I'm with you. I don't think Bran would pursue that at all.

You’re exactly right. The world we regard operates under the harsh realities of desperate straits, desperate times, desperate measures.  

Video game rules do not apply here.

4 minutes ago, lfcfan said:

You might want to do some research on that one before making that proclamation.

Yes, it is possible with today’s super-ultra-modern medicine.

But then?  Almost certainly not.

Well, but for magic.

4 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Lyanna clearly mouthed "his name is..."  Also I think it was pretty damn striking that Ned clearly stands the Greatsword DAWN at the foot of the bed...  I know it's probably R+L=J but I'm still holding out hope that Arthur Dayne is Jon's father and DAWN will be what Jon finds in Lyanna's crypt. He is the Sword of the Morning. The one promised to battle the Night King and end the Long Night. 

I don’t see that finding Dawn in the crypt means anything other than that Rhaegar had told Lyanna that their son would someday need to wield it in the War for the Dawn.

But I somewhat doubt that it’s there.  I could be wrong.

I still don’t like how all the names sound the same: Dayne, Dawn, Dorne, Doran.

57 minutes ago, Tinker Tanner said:

I posted this in another thread  but did anyone notice the astrolabe from the intro in the Citadel library? It was soo cool to see it in the show after seeing it in the title sequence every episode for six years! 

Yeah!!! Awesome. 

1 minute ago, Arya Gendry said:

Arya stared directly at Jamie during the feast. Why didn't she kill him? He's not on the list, but he's pretty darn close.

I figure she was more focused on Frey, hadn't seen Jaime in years at this point, and was smart enough to know that if she killed Jaime, even subtly with poison or something, it would cause a big reaction where people would be questioned, etc. So she just bided her time and went for Frey.

7 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

I don’t see that finding Dawn in the crypt means anything other than that Rhaegar had told Lyanna that their son would someday need to wield it in the War for the Dawn.

But I somewhat doubt that it’s there.  I could be wrong.

I still don’t like how all the names sound the same: Dayne, Dawn, Dorne, Doran.

So since Rhaegar & Arthur were best friends, I can see them discussing the great prophecies of their houses. They realize that the Targaryen prophecy is a spin off of the Dayne prophecy. Dayne is a much older house than Targs but both share Valyrian blood...  So they come to the conclusion that the promised one will be the sword of the morning and the Dayne's have been caretakers of the sword until the true Sword of the Morning will arise again. Jon is that promised one.  That makes good sense to me. So there could be a letter from Rhaegar and Dawn in Lyanna's crypt explaining who Jon is and what/who he must become. 

Edited by Smoke317

42 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

And what makes you think Benjen’s horse could pass the Wall’s protective spells woven into the ice?

That said, it’s going to be damned hard for Meera to drag Bran around.  I suspect that Bran will be summoning help.

I was assuming they were at the weirwood tree which is about 1 mile north of Castle Black (established distance in Season One, when Jon and Sam went there to take their vows).

Still a ways to travel, I know, but I think rather than Meera dragging Bran it would be more efficient for her to hold up his legs while he "walks" on his hands like in a "wheelbarrow race," especially over rough terrains and the like.

I would certainly love a scene next season showing them approaching Castle Black like that. HAR!!

Edited by Cron

1 minute ago, Cron said:

I was assuming they were at the weirwood tree which is about 1 mile north of Castle Black (established distance in Season One).

Still a ways to travel, I know, but I think rather than Meera dragging Bran it would be more efficient for he to hold up his legs and he moves his hands like in a "wheelbarrow race," especially over rough terrains and the like.

make a sled and warg a wolf, horse, elk or 500 squirells.