Two topics that should be discussed in regard to the ToJ scene:

The camera is pointing clues and it focused on #1 Dawn the Sword of the Morning and #2 the nurse.

Not Howland "Stab Dayne in the Back" Reed, a nurse. I think the sword and that nurse have more story to tell if Bran follows them.

4 minutes ago, tormund's beard said:

make a sled and warg a wolf, horse, elk or 500 squirells.

Good ideas, but it's only about a mile.

I have a feeling Bran and Meera would be at Castle Black "wheelbarrow style" before they could even build a sled.

Warging a horse or elk would be awesome, if one happened to be close by.  Im not sure what Bran's 'warging range" is, though.

I also considered Meera just leaving Bran there and running the mile to Castle Black to get help and bring it back, but if I were Bran or Meera I would not be in favor of splitting up that way, especially with Summer no longer around (If Summer was there to guard Bran, then I think clearly the best choice would be Meera running the mile to Castle Black)

Of course, all of this assumes that they ARE IN FACT at the tree about 1 mile north of Castle Black, which I strongly assume to be true, but I don't think was confirmed..

Lyanna said, “If Robert finds out, he’ll kill him. You know he will. You have to protect him. Promise me, Ned.”

The only child on Robert’s instant kill list would be a Targaryen one.

And likely not a bastard, either.

Edited by CrypticWeirwood

1 hour ago, Raksha 2014 said:

Won't any remaining Lannister troops be a bit annoyed by Cersei having killed Kevan and Lancel in the Wildfire Barbecue?

I don't think they will care about Lancel.  He abandoned his family and took up with the Sparrows.  Kevan, maybe, but they seem to have forgotten about him.

KL:

I really liked the stylized approach to the KL scenes. It's different from anything else we've seen on GoT.  I really enjoyed the explosion of the Sept of Baelor.  it was great to see the High Septon lit up like that.  When they showed Lancel crawling towards the candles, I was like--bitch, please, don't even try to make him heroic.  

Although I have not been a fan of book or show Marg, I was surprisingly sorry to see her die with the rest.  She was perhaps the only smart person in KL. I was hoping she would escape with Loras.

RIP Tommen.  Gotta admit, I did not expect that.  However, it makes sense.  He realized that Marg is dead and he has had issues all season about his failure as a king, so the suicide should have occurred to me.

I think that Cersei Lannister looked better on the Irone Throne than anyone we've seen so far.  She's far more regal than Robert, Ned, Joff, and Tommen.  She also didn't look terribly happy to be there, so I didn't get the impression that this was about her ambition.  I hope that she will name Jaime Hand of the Queen because it will set up some conflict for Tyrion as Dany invades Westeros. Did you notice that she and Jaime were in matching clothes (and both looking hot)?  That has to mean something.

North:

Lyanna Mormont rocks.  Jon totally needs to marry her when she's a little older. The White Wolf!  I think that Sansa should have joined in the chanting.

Freys:

I was pretty worried that Jaime was going to get killed after insulting Walder Frey in his own house and then sending Bronn off with two women.  

As happy as I am about Arya killing Walder Frey, the Frey pies were kind of random.  I felt that there was no build up to it, like there was in the book.  

Meereen:

Glad that Dany has finally jettisoned Daario.  However, this does telegraph that she will marry Jon.

Is it just me, or was there more expression in Dany's face than normal>/>

4 minutes ago, nara said:

Meereen:

Glad that Dany has finally jettisoned Daario.  However, this does telegraph that she will marry Jon.

No, it’s not just you. She seemed more real this time. Finally.

1 hour ago, Lady Stouthearted said:

Tommen's suicide was a jump the shark move. It's like the writers didn't know what to do with him, so let him jump from the castle. And dare I say, I enjoyed the bombing of KL. It was the most entertaining part of the show besides Frey Pie. 

I think it fits.  He always seemed like he had no control and nothing to offer the story.  Joffrey was a central villain affecting the story. Then Tommen is just this quiet prop for other characters' story lines.  He probably felt empty and his character had ran out of any usefulness it had.  Him ending it all was a lot more unique and interesting than another of the 5 million unexpected death-by-stabbing deaths we've had

Where did Varys get Floo powder or a port key?  

Tommens death was the most anticlimactic King death of all time.  

Sansa should have had Baelish's head chopped off, fuck that dude, he is still a worm and I'll rejoice when he gets his comeuppance.  

And Arya must have some Floo powder or a port key too.

Edited by SerJeremiahLouistark

3 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Nope: not in the show. The show’s only two Tyrell children just got nuked. There are no Tyrells to carry on.

But didn't they offer Sansa another Tyrell to marry, wayyyy back when? When she thought it'd be Loras? Or am I remembering the book rather than the show? 

26 minutes ago, nara said:

I don't think they will care about Lancel.  He abandoned his family and took up with the Sparrows.  Kevan, maybe, but they seem to have forgotten about him.

KL:

I really liked the stylized approach to the KL scenes. It's different from anything else we've seen on GoT.  I really enjoyed the explosion of the Sept of Baelor.  it was great to see the High Septon lit up like that.  When they showed Lancel crawling towards the candles, I was like--bitch, please, don't even try to make him heroic.  

Although I have not been a fan of book or show Marg, I was surprisingly sorry to see her die with the rest.  She was perhaps the only smart person in KL. I was hoping she would escape with Loras.

RIP Tommen.  Gotta admit, I did not expect that.  However, it makes sense.  He realized that Marg is dead and he has had issues all season about his failure as a king, so the suicide should have occurred to me.

I think that Cersei Lannister looked better on the Irone Throne than anyone we've seen so far.  She's far more regal than Robert, Ned, Joff, and Tommen.  She also didn't look terribly happy to be there, so I didn't get the impression that this was about her ambition.  I hope that she will name Jaime Hand of the Queen because it will set up some conflict for Tyrion as Dany invades Westeros. Did you notice that she and Jaime were in matching clothes (and both looking hot)?  That has to mean something.

North:

Lyanna Mormont rocks.  Jon totally needs to marry her when she's a little older. The White Wolf!  I think that Sansa should have joined in the chanting.

Freys:

I was pretty worried that Jaime was going to get killed after insulting Walder Frey in his own house and then sending Bronn off with two women.  

As happy as I am about Arya killing Walder Frey, the Frey pies were kind of random.  I felt that there was no build up to it, like there was in the book.  

Meereen:

Qyburn is hand of the Queen.  He had the broach on.  I completely agree about the KL scene.  It was very well done, the music and the mood and the way it was shot was some of the best television I've ever seen.  

Edited by SerJeremiahLouistark

27 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

No, it’s not just you. She seemed more real this time. Finally.

She wasn't in queen mode. She was definitely more vulnerable when she opened up to Tyrion about being afraid, love, etc. and it showed. I think that's half the reason Emilia plays it the way she does normally. In public Dany is always trying to be stoic, confident, and poised, and it can make her face seem expressionless at times. 

Edited by boodofmyblood

30 minutes ago, nara said:

Yes there was foreshadow of that. But i want this to be a threesome with Lyanna mormont for jon's love, i want her to fall in love with Jon, he can wait for her.

1 minute ago, tormond said:

Yes there was foreshadow of that. But i want this to be a threesome with Lyanna mormont for jon's love, i want her to fall in love with Jon, he can wait for her.

The dragon must have three heads, so FJon (né Aemon) can reign with his aunt and uncle, Dany and Tyron. 

But perhaps he doesn’t have to marry them both. After all, what would the High Sparrow say?

And we know it's Game of Thrones because the least deserving character, Edmure Tully gets freed from the dungeon by his niece Arya. Interesting that the Freys allowed him conjugal rights to ensure a Frey grandchild was heir to RiverRun.

I liked the way Sansa played it with Baelish and the Northern Houses. 

And I kept getting a bad feeling about them calling Jon King in the North... With friends like Littlefinger who needs the Night's King and Cersei?

Just now, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

Isn't Jon a better candidate for the iron throne being a son of Rhaegar?  Wouldn't Jon be the natural choice?

Who would believe he is the legitimate son of Rhaegar? Where is the eh.... marriage evidence? Even if people believe he is Rhaegar's son, he would be just a bastard. Unless people would be the same as Lyanna Mormont: "I don't care if he is a bastard..."

1 minute ago, Princess of Ice and Fire said:

And we know it's Game of Thrones because the least deserving character, Edmure Tully gets freed from the dungeon by his niece Arya. Interesting that the Freys allowed him conjugal rights to ensure a Frey grandchild was heir to RiverRun.

I liked the way Sansa played it with Baelish and the Northern Houses. 

And I kept getting a bad feeling about them calling Jon King in the North... With friends like Littlefinger who needs the Night's King and Cersei?

At least we know Sansa doesn't trust him.  His ambition is to have the Iron Throne.  Cersei is now on that throne.  That was surprising I didn't expect that at all.  I won't feel good about any of this until Baelish is dead.