2 minutes ago, Hangover of the Morning said:

I think Jaime talked about Edmure's son growing up at Casterly Rock not Edmure though I could be wrong.

Why was the celebration at the Twins and not at Riverrun? I would think Walder would be itching to move to the Tully seat though he might be too old to travel. 

I may be mixing up book with show, I could have sworn Edmure was told he would be basically a hostage at Casterly Rock.  

1 minute ago, nara said:

Since there is no evidence to the people of KL that Cersei had anything to do with the burning of the Sept, perhaps it can be played as "the gods struck down the HS and the others for their crimes against the virtuous Cersei Lannister." That might make people more awestruck by her and follow her. It would be better IMO than letting Dany come in virtually unopposed.

Btw,  how was Qyburn made Hand before Cersei was named Queen? Did Tommen do that?

Also, how can Ellaria say that the Lannisters have declared war on Dorne when they are the ones who killed Princess Myrcella? She's annoying.  Can we give her and the sand snakes to Qyburn? 

Is there anyone left who can suggest that Tyrion is a Targ? Pycelle was the last person left who might know anything about that, right? Or would Varys have been around back then? If not, perhaps that idea needs to be dropped..

Bran?

6 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

I may be mixing up book with show, I could have sworn Edmure was told he would be basically a hostage at Casterly Rock.  

I think, that's right.  Jaime mentioned something about comfortable suites where he and his family could live out the rest of their days.  Prisoners, but just not in cells.

7 hours ago, Kaguya said:

Also do you guys think that 

Reveal hidden contents

Cersei will give Qyburn the girls next season? Now that her show counterpart has reached the right type of insanity for it to be believable?

What does Cersei give Qyburn? It's been a long time since I read the books. 

23 minutes ago, Brandon Michael Farley said:

Pardon if this has been discussed after 27 pages, but who is the 'rightful' heir to the IT following Tommens suicide?

An article I just read said legally it would be Cersie... due to lineage going back many generations and so forth.  

Is is this right?

I don't know if that's true but as of now, she's sitting the Iron Throne by right of conquest. She's burned her enemies and there is no one to oppose her...in the capitol. Outside of King's Landing she has nothing but enemies and perhaps only the support of House Lannister and the crownlands. She might've had the Freys but chances are they are about to start fighting amongst themselves for who has the better claim to the Twins and Riverrun. 

13 minutes ago, Trebla said:

I don't know if that's true but as of now, she's sitting the Iron Throne by right of conquest. She's burned her enemies and there is no one to oppose her...in the capitol. Outside of King's Landing she has nothing but enemies and perhaps only the support of House Lannister and the crownlands. She might've had the Freys but chances are they are about to start fighting amongst themselves for who has the better claim to the Twins and Riverrun. 

The winners make their own history, I doubt she is taking any credit for the destruction of the sept and all those people, but Oleanna seems to know she did it, so I imagine most will as well.  

I think the more important thing is this:

Strictly show results

Martells - eradicated

Baratheons - eradicated (at least until we find out what happens with Gendry)

Tyrells - unless Oleanna has another child which is highly unlikely, eradicated.  

Lannisters - only 3 remain. 

Targs - 2 remain

Starks - 3 remain, 1 boy who cannot father children.  

The big question is will Jon accept the Targ name or will he be a Stark.  

@awearyman Going nowhere?

* Hodor meets his destiny and sacrifices himself to save Bran

* Bran becomes the 3ER

* We learn the origins of the White Walkers; we learn the fate of Benjen Stark

* The Hound reemerges and joins the Brotherhood without Banners

* Arya leaves the Faceless Men and returns to Westeros with some new skills, takes revenge on Walder Frey

* Cersei blows up the Great Sept, destroys many of her enemies, and takes the Iron Throne

* Jaime retakes Riverrun and reaches an inflection point in his character arc

* Jon is resurrected, leaves the Night's Watch,

* Jon and Sansa reunited at Castle Black

* Sansa comes into her own, uses Littlefinger to her advantage, refuses to be used in return, gets her revenge against Ramsay

* Jon and Sansa recapture Winterfell; Jon becomes King in the North by acclaim

* R+L=J confirmed

* Daenerys unites the kalassars, puts down Slaver's Bay insurgency, forges alliance with Iron Islands rebels, the Reach, and Dorne, sails for Westeros

That's just the major plot drivers for the major characters. You can say it all sucked and you hated it, but it's pretty ludicrous to say the story was going nowhere this season!

6 hours ago, IamMe90 said:

To be honest, I wanted Tommen's death to be a little more... relevant to the major events that happened. I was hoping he'd get actually murdered (somehow - I mean they did make a point of establishing that the Sand Snakes were in King's Landing) and that this would push Cersei over the edge.

I felt that by making it suicide, Cersei is forced to face the fact that Tommen's death was a direct result of her actions and her actions alone.  NO Imp to blame, no Dorne to blame.  That would make her crazy. 

I find it interesting that she burned the Great Sept before Tommen's death.  

That could mean that she was already "crazy", but personally I think it means that she planned and executed a mass murder even  BEFORE she went crazy.  That is a pretty scary thought.  

9 hours ago, Bear Claw said:

It seemed to me that they were saying Dany was going to marry Jon. What do you think?

Danaerys the Dragonlord doesn't come into it. The original synopsis linked Jon and Arya although some of us reckoned on Heresy that as written GRRM was going to substitute Sansa for Arya instead as being closer in age. All that the mummers' version has done is confirm this.

What was Varys thinking going to Dorne? Ellaria killed Myrcella, he sent Myrcella to Dorne, they had a pact. Ellaria blames the Lannisters for Oberyns death and Tyrion was heavily connected to that death. Lannisters have declared war on Dorne, well yeah after you killed Myrcella. I wonder if she is crazy enough to try and kill Tyrion?Oh, she probably wants to kill Tyrion, and at best it's a Davos/Mel story. Probably wants to kill Dany too, "we want revenge for Ellia, oh and your family invaded us 200 years ago and we want revenge for that, oh and Quin died in the books and even though this is the show we want revenge for that. Is this black tea? I said green tea, we must have vengeance for the black tea. The dragons can fly and the sand snakes can't, the injustice must be avenged.

7 minutes ago, Ser Creighton said:

What was Varys thinking going to Dorne? Ellaria killed Myrcella, he sent Myrcella to Dorne, they had a pact. Ellaria blames the Lannisters for Oberyns death and Tyrion was heavily connected to that death.

It has to be common knowledge that Varys freed Tyrion, who then killed Tywin. What was it that The Red Viper said, it was rare to find a Lannister who shared his desire to see other dead Lannisters? Besides, Ellaria already took a Lannister life to avenge Oberyn: Myrcella. In fact, it might be Tyrion who wants vengeance now, not Ellaria. 

1 minute ago, Trebla said:

It has to be common knowledge that Varys freed Tyrion, who then killed Tywin. What was it that The Red Viper said, it was rare to find a Lannister who shared his desire to see other dead Lannisters? Besides, Ellaria already took a Lannister life to avenge Oberyn: Myrcella. In fact, it might be Tyrion who wants vengeance now, not Ellaria. 

I know Tyrion will probably want revenge, there is a reason, he had a pact. Again it does not explain Varys going to Dorne.

What Oberyn said he said to Tyrion and he said it pre death obviously. Would you say Ellaria has been stable since his death? I could totally see her wanting to be on team Dany, but the Tyrion/Ellaria relationship is different which is why I brought up Davos/Mel.  Tyrion would be in the same sort of position as Davos, though Tyrion can be much more ruthless than Davos.

And Given his connection to Oberyn's death who is to say that Ellaria does not hold a grudge. She is a kin slayer, a back stabber, a murderer of children. Didn't Oberyn also say we don't harm little girls in Dorne. Well it seems what he said holds little water with Ellaria, who seems to want nothing more than vengeance logic be damned.

Now the Queen of Thorns that's different, I doubt she would have any problem with Tyrion, and Dany is right in her wheel house. That's like peas and carrots despite how she felt about certain Targs. It's a woman who is the wonder of her age, making statements all over the globe. Women can rule, slavery is over, women can lead armies, women can rule their houses.

But Ellaria crossed a line, there is a problem there, it seems unlikely the show will ignore that. Or that Tyrion is tied to Oberyn's death and that Ellaria killed his niece who sent to Dorne. Varys would have to know this, everyone knows this.

4 hours ago, Trebla said:

Actually, there's precedent. Tywin threatened the Queen of Thorns with naming Loras to the Kingsguard unless Loras married Cersei. It seems it's something that may not be able to  be refused. 

I think Tywin and Olenna both figured Loras would accept because he's a homosexual and it would mean he doesn't have to marry a woman and reproduce. The thing is if Jaime actually becomes disenchanted with Cersei, if he is indeed Lord of CR like he should be, then she isn't really in a position to conscript him or order him around. If he's still her manservant after he learns what she did it's all moot because she won't need to conscript him, he'll do it willingly.

8 minutes ago, Trebla said:

I do hope Tyrion avenges Myrcella's death. I hate that it's been forgotten.

Upon rewatch,

Why was there no mention in the Jaime - Frey convo that Winterfell has been retaken by Starks? The Knights of the Vale had to pass right by the Twins to go up north, so they must have heard something by now. Surely, the demise of House Bolton would mean something to the Freys? 

Jaime Lannister - best wingman ever? He attracts the ladies, but has no interest in them.

I don't think the Mountain raped Unella, but I do think he might be eating her slowly.  He didn't need to take off his helmet to rape her, but he did if he needed his mouth to be free. 

Why is Pycelle the only one around getting any action?  Or will we finally get that sex on the Iron Throne scene we've always wanted? ;)

Walder Frey didn't take even a bite of the pie before Arya's reveal.  That is a miss IMO.  

The Citadel scene could have happened earlier in the season. I  loved how the clerk is the ultimate government bureaucrat!

It's a pity that no one could tell Lord Royce that his kinsman was killed by the WW in the very first episode. That might make him think differently about teaming with the wildlings.

I like Cersei's crown, and just noticed it's not the Baratheon crown. It that supposed to be a lion on the front? It looks more like the sun.