2 hours ago, Rhaegun said:

In case anyone was wondering what constitutes tinfoil...  "Of course she stabbed herself because my theory requires it".

Yep. Nevermind that it totally defeats the the purpose of protecting said child. "I mean, it's not like I could stab a servant instead. Stabbing myself for blood magic sounds good. Hopefully Ned shows up in time so that I could hand him off. If not, well, good luck kid!"

11 hours ago, hallam said:

Jon is only the legitimate heir if he is Rheagar's and Elia's son. This is so obvious that there has to be some misdirection. Rheagar conceals the birth of the third son because he fears Aerys will kill him because of the three dragons prophecy.

Nah.  Ned tells Jon, "You are a Stark.  You may not have my name, but you have my blood."  I believe Ned. He does not say, "I raised you..."  He says , "You have my blood."  That settles it for me.   

13 minutes ago, Imp Beyond the Wall said:

Nah.  Ned tells Jon, "You are a Stark.  You may not have my name, but you have my blood."  I believe Ned. He does not say, "I raised you..."  He says , "You have my blood."  That settles it for me.   

He says "You are my blood" not "You have my blood"

Brothers and sister are of the same blood (used in this context)

So "You are my blood" is the same as "You are my family" and yes, even as a nephew, he is his close family.

8 minutes ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

He says "You are my blood" not "You have my blood"

Brothers and sister are of the same blood (used in this context)

So "You are my blood" is the same as "You are my family" and yes, even as a nephew, he is his close family.

My quote was accurate.  I just re-watched it.  Anyway, I meant to say that he is Lyanna's son.  No doubt.  

8 hours ago, Ordos said:

The little birds stabbing Pycelle; this was definitely fan service to include one last dramatic scene from the books already published.

Funny side note, I didn't even realize that happened until I read some discussion afterward. That scene was censored out where I am (Jakarta, Indonesia).

23 hours ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

The winners make their own history, I doubt she is taking any credit for the destruction of the sept and all those people, but Oleanna seems to know she did it, so I imagine most will as well.  

I think the more important thing is this:

Strictly show results

Martells - eradicated

Baratheons - eradicated (at least until we find out what happens with Gendry)

Tyrells - unless Oleanna has another child which is highly unlikely, eradicated.  

Lannisters - only 3 remain. 

Targs - 2 remain

Starks - 3 remain, 1 boy who cannot father children.  

The big question is will Jon accept the Targ name or will he be a Stark.  

I was wondering about this. Would the North follow him if he ends up taking the Targ name?

21 minutes ago, Long Live The Onion King said:

I was wondering about this. Would the North follow him if he ends up taking the Targ name?

I don't see Jon doing this for many reasons, unless he had to for political reasons. Mainly because he's wanted to belong so much and is very attached to the Starks. He has no connection to the Targaryen's, other than blood. If he does, it's because he has no choice. Then again, I am not Martin, so...

19 minutes ago, Dracarys Snow said:

I don't see Jon doing this for many reasons, unless he had to for political reasons. Mainly because he's wanted to belong so much and is very attached to the Starks. He has no connection to the Targaryen's, other than blood. If he does, it's because he has no choice. Then again, I am not Martin, so...

It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I just want to share this with you:

Today, we were discussing the episode at lunch and one of my colleagues told me that it was cool that we had found out that Jon was a son of Lyanna Stark and Robert Baratheon because they were married and had a son and now we know that the son is Jon.

I almost choked on my pancake.

Just now, Imp Beyond the Wall said:

She did not say "Screw you guys..."  But she did say , "I'm going home..."  

I have heard worse theories.

Well, she also fed a dude his family, so ... there's that ;)  

Granted, she used a pie instead of chili, so there is a distinction in methodology to be sure.

7 hours ago, FireWinds said:

There is a women bloodied in bed and midwife comes and hands Ned a new born baby.
Why would Lyanna care about some random baby that they would have had to kidnap from Elia Martell and ran away together with it. Why? Rhaegar left his wife and children behind and started a war because of Lyanna, putting their lives at risk, why would he take his newborn baby from his previous marriage with him on a running away together whirlwind love affair? 
And if it was Elia's baby in your theory I'm pretty sure everyone would have seen that Elia was pregnant, she was married to Rhaegar had no reason to hide it for 9 months "just in case something would happen once it was born". 

Someone came in stabbed her and ran off? For what reason? Left the baby, left the midwife, mind you who was calm not as of someone just came through to murder everyone, if she was stabbed why is no one helping her? Why is she still in bed in the middle of the day? Wouldn't Ned have seen someone run off if someone had just stabbed her? Wouldn't the midwife be frantic and tell him she'd just been stabbed? 

It's Lyanna's baby they made it so obvious without showing the head crowning.
She just had a baby and there was  complications and she was hemorrhaging (losing massive amounts of blood), something that is quite common during childbirth especially in a time without the technology it was the leading causes of maternal death. 

I didn't think it was possible to interpret that scene any differently. 

This is something I have first-hand knowledge of. When my youngest daughter was 10 days old (she's now 38, yes, I'm old), I began hemorrhaging. In the 15 minutes that it took to get to the hospital, I'd lost so much blood that I had to have a transfusion. My clothes were soaked in blood, and there was a puddle in the wheelchair used to wheel me into the ER.

So, it's very possible that the baby could've been a few days old, and, if Lyanna was hemorrhaging, her bed, and clothing, would've been blood-soaked.

24 minutes ago, IceSyckel said:

Well, she also fed a dude his family, so ... there's that ;)  

Granted, she used a pie instead of chili, so there is a distinction in methodology to be sure.

So how does Arya and Varys travel the entire realms of Westeros and Essos in the blink of an eye and Jaime makes it back to KL but Brienne and Pod can't make it to Winterfell?