Just now, The Lord of the Waters said:

Yeah she's spent most of this season (maybe last season too) somewhat resigned to the truth of the prophecy that her children would all die. Seems like she's basically numbed of the pain through her acceptance of her fate. 
I wonder if she will suspect Jaime will kill her though? lol

I don't think she'll see it coming until it's happening, tbh. She thinks he's totally unwavering in his devotion, but everyone has their limit.

Speaking of Jaime, Nikolaj was amazing in that scene with Walder Frey when he compared himself as being similar to Jaime because they're both Kingslayers. He looked disgusted, angry, and sad all at once, with the lip quivering and everything. 

14 minutes ago, IamMe90 said:

I can't tell if you're trolling or just somehow missed a very important scene from the episode. Tommen jumped out of a window in the red keep after finding out what happened at the Sept. 

I'm seriously not trolling. I missed it. My dog must've wanted my attention when it happened, and I must've missed it because it was a quiet scene.

7 minutes ago, boodofmyblood said:

I don't think she'll see it coming until it's happening, tbh. She thinks he's totally unwavering in his devotion, but everyone has their limit.

Speaking of Jaime, Nikolaj was amazing in that scene with Walder Frey when he compared himself as being similar to Jaime because they're both Kingslayers. He looked disgusted, angry, and sad all at once, with the lip quivering and everything. 

Yeah it's a shame they've poorly written his character to be honest.

5 minutes ago, Syphon the Sanitator said:

I'm seriously not trolling. I missed it. My dog must've wanted my attention when it happened, and I must've missed it because it was a quiet scene.

Ah, fair enough! 

To be honest, I wanted Tommen's death to be a little more... relevant to the major events that happened. I was hoping he'd get actually murdered (somehow - I mean they did make a point of establishing that the Sand Snakes were in King's Landing) and that this would push Cersei over the edge. I was also hoping we'd get KL in ashes, foreshadowed by Season 2 in the House of the Undying - but naw, instead, it's just a ruthless power play by Cersei...

Edited by IamMe90

I seem to recall someone, either GRRM or ones of the Ds I think, saying that there would be a few more people sitting on the Iron Throne before the end; and this was said when Tommen was already king. Maybe that just means Cersei, then Dany, then Jon, of if there rule together or if someone will fit in after Cersei or if someone else will be there at the very end.

Far as Cersei goes, it made sense to me that she declared herself Queen. There's a major power vacuum in Kings Landing now that all her rivals are dead and she's the one with armed soldiers there. Plus, its not like the rest of the kingdom has accepted it. The North, the Vale, the Reach, Dorne, and the Iron Islands are all in open revolt for various reasons; all that Cersei's got are the Westlands, the Stormlands, and the Riverlands (which are mostly in ruins anyway).

6 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Thursday, August 6th, 1996: Game of Thrones is published.

1997: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

1998: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

1999: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2000: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2001: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2002: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2003: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2004: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2005: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2006: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2007: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2008: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2009: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2010: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2011: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2012: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2013: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2014: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2015: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

2016: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

Sunday, June 26th, 2016: We learn that Jon is the son not of Ned Stark but of his sister Lyanna by the crown prince Rhaegar Targaryen, the rightful heir to both the Iron Throne and the Throne of Winter alike.

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/wzxnt9kt69lz4k28ubsq.jpg

4 hours ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

That conflict is going to be driven by Baelish who is trying like a mother fucker to drive a wedge between them.  He started in one of the earlier episodes.  I hate that son of a bitch.

Can Sandor make his way to Winterfell and show Baelish how sharp his axe is already?!

13 minutes ago, BeeStark said:

they should pay some tribute to Rhaegar and Lyanna next season with a Bran Flashback, either a scene where Lyanna was kidnapped or the Tourney at Harrenhal 

Why? We were already told on multiple occasions on the show what has happened, also on the tourney. I'd prefer a flashback on how Ned's father and brother were killed by the mad king over more R+L lovey-dovey time. And... Howland Reed popping up out of nowhere, telling everyone, or rather Bran returning to Winterfell and going like "Hey Jon, btw..."

I vote for less romance, that Sam + Gilly lovey-dovey shit was already enough, and I'm a female lel.

Edited by Atroksia

8 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Just like Theon is the heir to the Seastone Throne, right?  How does that work?

Bran has more important things to do just right now.  Although in the end he too has a throne long prepared for him, one wrought of living weirwood roots.

In any event, the North have chosen their Stark King, and his name is Jon.

As we know from the books, the iron born dont choose their leaders based on lineage. The seven kingdoms do however. Regardless, bran is the heir to Winterfell. Jon is a targaryen and the rightful heir to the iron throne. For now he's king in the north. 

Edited by Stannis Lives

6 hours ago, Chib said:

Jon is the result of the Pact of Ice and Fire already... it would be fun if Jon and Dany get married not knowing his true identity and Bran from the outside would be like: "NO you are nephew and aunt, no please!"

Considering targs have always married brother and sister for centuries, Jon marrying his aunt would be a badly needed addition to the gene pool. 

9 hours ago, Bear Claw said:

I liked the episode, but I am not too excited for next season because it looks like Dany will cake walk through Westeros, marry Jon, and then they will fight the White Walkers. (Predictable)  I know there has to be some conflicts/suprises, but what will happen now? 

That bothers me too. The smallfolk loathe Cersei and will even more after she put an end to the peasant uprising, destroyed the sept and murdered the High Sparrow and the crowd's favourite Margaery and Tommen. Dany will once again be seen as the liberator and as a champion of the common people. Cersei has also no means to oppose her as she at best controls the Crownland's and the Westerland's, armies although even the latter one is debatable considering Jaime's reaction to Cersei's crowning. 

Dany's conquest will be seen as very righteous because she will be removing a corrupt oppressive regime and reinstating peace, which I believe is exactly the opposite of what will happen in the books. There Dany's likely to come after Aegon, at time of relative peace and at time when the Faith and the common folk will be united behind their king. Dany will seek to destroy all that with her army of savages and will finally get a reality check once she sees how unwelcome she is in her homeland. 

11 hours ago, Boarsbane said:

She has no authority over him really, if he does take up the position again then he's going to be Cersei's manservant the rest of the series it seems

Actually, there's precedent. Tywin threatened the Queen of Thorns with naming Loras to the Kingsguard unless Loras married Cersei. It seems it's something that may not be able to  be refused. 

Edited by Trebla
typo

Dany has an overwhelming force. Cersei sits on the IT. And Jon is king in the north. Considering the Others are coming, does any of this really matter?  I think they need to finally come to the realization that the IT means SH*T. Dany and Jon need to focus on what's important. 

8 hours ago, Winter Blues said:

I have a sort of hollow feeling inside now. This season just ended way too upbeat for my liking. We know Jon is the kid of L+J, now, Dany is finally on her way, Arya's home and may meet Melisandre as Mel predicted in season three, Cersei has fulfilled her destiny and all it took was the death of all of her kids, Jaime finally sees his sister for what she is, Tyrion is actually right where he needs to be. 

Lyanna + Jon Arryn, Jaime Lannister, Jeor Mormont, Jorah Mormont ???

Jokes aside, I agree with your sentiment. It feels as if the "game of thrones" part of the story is largely over and large part of the final two series will be focused on the magical and fantastical aspect of the story. 

Most of the main characters feel like they have or almost have reached their destination (or we can guess what it will be) and that there are very few surprises left. 

2 hours ago, The Hound 25 said:

Can Sandor make his way to Winterfell and show Baelish how sharp his axe is already?!

I sure hope so, imagine Jon having all the northern houses United, along with the Vale, Howland Reed and the Crannogmen, and then the BwB.  

Dany and company are natural allies being Tyrion and Jon spent some QT together at the wall, and oh I almost forgot, Dany is Jon's aunt, which would also mean the Greyjoys are on their side as well, for whatever that is worth, the Tyrell's, the whatever they are's in Dorne. 

The Lannisters are on borrowed time, I think back to the conversation between Cersei and Ned and the love for their children, and here we are, Cersei may still be alive and Ned and Cat gone, but Ned still has (in the show) 3 living children and 1 child raised as his son, an actual son of the man she so wanted to marry, and to the woman she could NEVER be and all of Cersei's children are dead, the 1st because he was a monster, the 2nd because she was a Lannister and the 3rd by his own hand.  Cersei indirectly killed all 3 of the children she loved so much.  Ned Stark died to save his daughters, Cersei pretty much got all of her children killed.  

I really hope Jaime gets killed too, did anyone notice they said Edmure was back in a cell at the Twins?  What happened to that promise Jaime made him about living at Casterly Rock?  

Edited by SerJeremiahLouistark

9 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

I really hope Jaime gets killed too, did anyone notice they said Edmure was back in a cell at the Twins?  What happened to that promise Jaime made him about living at Casterly Rock?

I think Jaime talked about Edmure's son growing up at Casterly Rock not Edmure though I could be wrong.

Why was the celebration at the Twins and not at Riverrun? I would think Walder would be itching to move to the Tully seat though he might be too old to travel. 

Edited by Hangover of the Morning

23 minutes ago, Hangover of the Morning said:

That bothers me too. The smallfolk loathe Cersei and will even more after she put an end to the peasant uprising, destroyed the sept and murdered the High Sparrow and the crowd's favourite Margaery and Tommen. Dany will once again be seen as the liberator and as a champion of the common people. Cersei has also no means to oppose her as she at best controls the Crownland's and the Westerland's, armies although even the latter one is debatable considering Jaime's reaction to Cersei's crowning. 

Dany's conquest will be seen as very righteous because she will be removing a corrupt oppressive regime and reinstating peace, which I believe is exactly the opposite of what will happen in the books. There Dany's likely to come after Aegon, at time of relative peace and at time when the Faith and the common folk will be united behind their king. Dany will seek to destroy all that with her army of savages and will finally get a reality check once she sees how unwelcome she is in her homeland. 

Since there is no evidence to the people of KL that Cersei had anything to do with the burning of the Sept, perhaps it can be played as "the gods struck down the HS and the others for their crimes against the virtuous Cersei Lannister." That might make people more awestruck by her and follow her. It would be better IMO than letting Dany come in virtually unopposed.

Btw,  how was Qyburn made Hand before Cersei was named Queen? Did Tommen do that?

Also, how can Ellaria say that the Lannisters have declared war on Dorne when they are the ones who killed Princess Myrcella? She's annoying.  Can we give her and the sand snakes to Qyburn? 

Is there anyone left who can suggest that Tyrion is a Targ? Pycelle was the last person left who might know anything about that, right? Or would Varys have been around back then? If not, perhaps that idea needs to be dropped..