48 minutes ago, nara said:

I do hope Tyrion avenges Myrcella's death. I hate that it's been forgotten.

Upon rewatch,

Why was there no mention in the Jaime - Frey convo that Winterfell has been retaken by Starks? The Knights of the Vale had to pass right by the Twins to go up north, so they must have heard something by now. Surely, the demise of House Bolton would mean something to the Freys? 

Jaime Lannister - best wingman ever? He attracts the ladies, but has no interest in them.

I don't think the Mountain raped Unella, but I do think he might be eating her slowly.  He didn't need to take off his helmet to rape her, but he did if he needed his mouth to be free. 

Why is Pycelle the only one around getting any action?  Or will we finally get that sex on the Iron Throne scene we've always wanted? ;)

Walder Frey didn't take even a bite of the pie before Arya's reveal.  That is a miss IMO.  

The Citadel scene could have happened earlier in the season. I  loved how the clerk is the ultimate government bureaucrat!

It's a pity that no one could tell Lord Royce that his kinsman was killed by the WW in the very first episode. That might make him think differently about teaming with the wildlings.

I like Cersei's crown, and just noticed it's not the Baratheon crown. It that supposed to be a lion on the front? It looks more like the sun.

Walder ate and entire piece of that pie. When you see him he is just finishing the first piece, Arya is bringing him seconds. After she cuts off the next piece you can see half the pie is now gone. Num num num Walder went had some.

3 hours ago, Brandon Michael Farley said:

Pardon if this has been discussed after 27 pages, but who is the 'rightful' heir to the IT following Tommens suicide?

An article I just read said legally it would be Cersie... due to lineage going back many generations and so forth.  

Is is this right?

I suppose it should be Ser Pounce.

13 minutes ago, Ser Creighton said:

Walder ate and entire piece of that pie. When you see him he is just finishing the first piece, Arya is bringing him seconds. After she cuts off the next piece you can see half the pie is now gone. Num num num Walder went had some.

Thanks for clarifying.  

Also, just occurred to me that Widow's Wail was buried with Joff. Being Valyrian steel, it would have survived the burning of the sept, right? I wonder if Jaime and Qyburn will find it when they go to spread Tommen's ashes. If so, perhaps it can be reunited with Oathkeeper? 

Was remembering the conversation between Dany and Yara.  Yara states that her uncle wants a marriage as payment for his ships/alliance, then when he has what he wants will kill her.  If he is spurned by Dany, if he offers his ships/alliance to Cersie (because really who else does she have) with the same caveat, then we could assume the same ending would occur when he got what he wanted from her. He is a little brother too. There was another convo in the earlier episode that could be mirrored onto someone else, but can't recall.

Edited by Naturally Low Highborn

13 minutes ago, nara said:

Thanks for clarifying.  

Also, just occurred to me that Widow's Wail was buried with Joff. Being Valyrian steel, it would have survived the burning of the sept, right? I wonder if Jaime and Qyburn will find it when they go to spread Tommen's ashes. If so, perhaps it can be reunited with Oathkeeper? 

Don't know, they have touched on Widows wail much.

I do think Arya who is targeting Jaime, will show up at KL and Sam who is in the south looking for help will make for KL once Dany shows up to take out the trash. I think we are going to see converging plot points in KL. Sam is there for a reason, and his house is now aligned with Dany, after all the Tarly's serve the Tyrells. So I think we see his father and get a confrontation.

32 minutes ago, McAssey said:

I suppose it should be Ser Pounce.

From a purely legal POV, Tommen left no heirs.  Robert, his "father", has no more heirs.  Robert's father has no more heirs and his other sons left no heirs.  We would have to go far back into the Baratheon lineage to get a true legal heir, sort of like Harry (?) the heir to the Vale scenarios.  

9 minutes ago, Naturally Low Highborn said:

Was remembering the conversation between Dany and Yara.  Yara states that her uncle wants a marriage as payment for his ships/alliance, then when he has what he wants will kill her.  If he is spurned by Dany, if he offers his ships/alliance to Cersie (because really who else does she have) with the same caveat, then we could assume the same ending would occur when he got what he wanted from her. He is a little brother too. There was another convo in the earlier episode that could be mirrored onto someone else, but can't recall.

Thats what I am assuming, otherwise its too easy for Dany, she could basically finish Cersei in space of one episode, but have Cersei ally with Euron - that would be a good 4-6 episode arc

9 minutes ago, Ser Creighton said:

I do think Arya who is targeting Jaime, will show up at KL and Sam who is in the south looking for help will make for KL once Dany shows up to take out the trash. I think we are going to see converging plot points in KL. Sam is there for a reason, and his house is now aligned with Dany, after all the Tarly's serve the Tyrells. So I think we see his father and get a confrontation.

I don't think Arya targetting Jaime, I saw the flirtation thing as more of consideration type thing - like does he deserve to be on my list? 

She might follow/use him to get to Cersei, who is her target thats for sure. I kind of see Arya infiltrating KL getting close to kill Cersei, like almost there and then see Jaime killing Cersei!

3 minutes ago, Masha said:

Thats what I am assuming, otherwise its too easy for Dany, she could basically finish Cersei in space of one episode, but have Cersei ally with Euron - that would be a good 4-6 episode arc

I don't think Arya targetting Jaime, I saw the flirtation thing as more of consideration type thing - like does he deserve to be on my list? 

She might follow/use him to get to Cersei, who is her target thats for sure. I kind of see Arya infiltrating KL getting close to kill Cersei, like almost there and then see Jaime killing Cersei!

Could be, but she is not done with the those that harmed her family, so KL seems her most likely destination, just as it is for Dany. Personally I can't wait for her to see the Dragons.

However Widows wail brings up a possible parallel, by all right's Oathkeeper and Widow's Wail belong to house Stark. Oathkeeper was given to help BOT find ans help the Staek girls. It is technically Sansa's sword as BOT swore it to her. If Widows Wail should appear I could see Arya getting her hands on it, which comes full circle to her taking Joff's sword again, though the water she plunges it into may be more along the lines of an Other. As we see with Arya and Sansa again Sansa has her needles and Arya has hers. Or in this case Sansa has her Valyrian sword and Arya may get hers. It could always end up with Jaime if it does appear, but he has never been inclined towards either sword. Given the swords origin Arya may make more sense here. Though I think it would be cool if Jaime got it and then returned it to her. His honor has been known to pop up from time to time.

Just now, Ser Creighton said:

Could be, but she is not done with the those that harmed her family, so KL seems her most likely destination, just as it is for Dany. Personally I can't wait for her to see the Dragons.

However Widows wail brings up a possible parallel, by all right's Oathkeeper and Widow's Wail belong to house Stark. Oathkeeper was given to help BOT find ans help the Staek girls. It is technically Sansa's sword as BOT swore it to her. If Widows Wail should appear I could see Arya getting her hands on it, which comes full circle to her taking Joff's sword again, though the water she plunges it into may be more along the lines of an Other. As we see with Arya and Sansa again Sansa has her needles and Arya has hers. Or in this case Sansa has her Valyrian sword and Arya may get hers. It could always end up with Jaime if it does appear, but he has never been inclined towards either sword. Given the swords origin Arya may make more sense here. Though I think it would be cool if Jaime got it and then returned it to her. His honor has been known to pop up from time to time.

Jamie, I believe, will still hold true to his oath to Catelyn.  IF he meets and recognizes Arya, he may uphold that oath has he did with Sansa by giving BOT Oathkeeper.  He may knowingly or unwittingly work with Arya to take Cersie off Arya's list.

48 minutes ago, Ser Creighton said:

Sam is in Old Town not in Kingslanding. 

3 hours ago, dinner said:

Sam is in Old Town not in Kingslanding. 

"Sam who is in the south looking for help will make for KL once Dany shows up"

It may seem strange, but people can move to different places if they have a reason too.

4 hours ago, Naturally Low Highborn said:

Jamie, I believe, will still hold true to his oath to Catelyn.  IF he meets and recognizes Arya, he may uphold that oath has he did with Sansa by giving BOT Oathkeeper.  He may knowingly or unwittingly work with Arya to take Cersie off Arya's list.

I think if he knows who Arya is, he will attempt to keep his oath. But I think the Mountain is going to come into play. Only two players with a proximity to him sort of deserve that shot, Dany and Jaime. For Jaime it's a form of atonement, for Dany vengeance. But I think Jaime would need a lot of help. So will see. I don't know if Jaime makes it or not, I would like the Tyrion reunion and I would like him to have to face Dany. I imagine taking the black could come into play.

19 hours ago, Arya Gendry said:

Yes. I think she was happy until she remembered the snake in the room. She knows to be worried about him. It's possible that he knows the truth about Jon and would have no issue killing him to help himself.

19 hours ago, Sonoftheharpie said:

I sensed Santa's look was not one of jealousy at all, but one of absolute disdain for LF. She was grinning ear-to-ear when they pronounced Jon King until she caught LF's gaze.....

Ya, I get the feeling that folks are looking for something that isn't there. She's not the snotty girl she was before, with all of her feelings gushing like a youngster.  I think she was satisfied with what was transpiring, but then looked over and saw LF, and her pleasure turned sour. 

5 hours ago, Naturally Low Highborn said:

From a purely legal POV, Tommen left no heirs.  Robert, his "father", has no more heirs.  Robert's father has no more heirs and his other sons left no heirs.  We would have to go far back into the Baratheon lineage to get a true legal heir, sort of like Harry (?) the heir to the Vale scenarios.  

The Targs united the seven kingdoms and created the iron throne. From the standpoint of lineage, the true heir is Jon. He is the only living son of Rhaegar who was next in line. The baratheons only had claim because they are an offshoot of Targ cousins from way back. That is explicitly why Robert was given the throne instead of the other "contenders". Robert was a Targ descendant, just from another branch of the family tree  

"THE OTHERS ARE COMING. THE IT MEANS SH*T"

Edited by Stannis Lives

21 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

They did, actually.  The show has never done subtle. Never ever.

And they haven’t now.

Oh so when everyone complained about the unnecessary feeding Miranda to the dogs, that unnecessary gay sex scene with Loras, etc. etc. the critics had it right.

21 hours ago, Stannis Lives said:

The rightful Lord of Winterfell is Bran. Neither Sansa nor arya can affect that. Jon is the rightful heir to the iron throne and dany is his aunt. So of course they will get married. That's what targs do.

LONG LIVE JON TARGARYEN!

Bran is the rightful lord of winterfell. But that doesn't really mean much. Sansa actually has a stronger claim.

21 hours ago, Bear Claw said:

I totally agree. This finale was too final. No set up for next season. I am not excited to see next season because there is no mystery. They also recycle dialogue. There are soooo many lines on this show that are constantly repeated across seasons. 

Nah, they were just liquidating the KL plot and making sure there were no loose ends. Season 7/8 is about the WWs and clearing the board so that its Cersei vs Danny and Jon vs WWs.

21 hours ago, Ser Blake said:

It's incredible how much this episode streamlined the entire narrative.  It's evident that the show runners are setting up a war of 1 King & 2 Queens for Season 7 and are trying to divide the audience up into camps (i.e. Team Jon, Team Dany, Team Cersei).  

More than 2 Queens. Queen Danny, Queen Cersei, Plus Yara sansa and the Queen of Thorns and the Dorne woman.

21 hours ago, Robb_Warged said:

Was the Septon Unella/Mountain scene trying to imply rape?

No. Cersei was only having her eyes put out. 'Last thing you see before you die'. 

20 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Thursday, August 6th, 1996: Game of Thrones is published.

2016: Waiting to learn who Jon’s mother is.

Sunday, June 26th, 2016: We learn that Jon is the son not of Ned Stark but of his sister Lyanna by the crown prince Rhaegar Targaryen, the rightful heir to both the Iron Throne and the Throne of Winter alike.

Nope. All you found out was that Ned wasn't the father.

From the sight of her, it looks to me more like Lyanna was stabbed than the blood is due to birth. As in the books there is a baby placed in a room with blood. 

20 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

Lyanna clearly mouthed "his name is..."  Also I think it was pretty damn striking that Ned clearly stands the Greatsword DAWN at the foot of the bed...  I know it's probably R+L=J but I'm still holding out hope that Arthur Dayne is Jon's father and DAWN will be what Jon finds in Lyanna's crypt. He is the Sword of the Morning. The one promised to battle the Night King and end the Long Night. 

Rheagar has to be the father. The doubt is in the mother.

19 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

I don’t see that finding Dawn in the crypt means anything other than that Rhaegar had told Lyanna that their son would someday need to wield it in the War for the Dawn.

But I somewhat doubt that it’s there.  I could be wrong.

I still don’t like how all the names sound the same: Dayne, Dawn, Dorne, Doran.

I am pretty sure that is deliberate.

19 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Lyanna said, “If Robert finds out, he’ll kill him. You know he will. You have to protect him. Promise me, Ned.”

The only child on Robert’s instant kill list would be a Targaryen one.

And likely not a bastard, either.

Yep. That is why I think the Lyanna thing is the false lead. Why folk have to insist on her being the mother is beyond me.

17 hours ago, Black Crow said:

Their passion will continue to torment Jon and Arya throughout the trilogy, until the secret of Jon's true parentage is finally revealed in the last book.  [GRRM 1993]

Yep, in the last book. And the unsullied haven't been told there is an issue yet.

12 hours ago, elbucho3 said:

Obvious Stark revenge ...  Arya slitting Walder's throat as revenge for the Red Wedding

Subtle Stark revenge ... Tommen being metaphorically pushed out of the window by Cersei as revenge for Jaime pushing Bran out of the window. 

I'm surprised not many others noted this mirroring.  It was almost immediately in my consciousness, and fits into the symmetry going on in the episode (houses declaring another KitN, frey throat slitting, mad queen with wild fire, etc.) 

14 minutes ago, hallam said:

Nope. All you found out was that Ned wasn't the father.

From the sight of her, it looks to me more like Lyanna was stabbed than the blood is due to birth. As in the books there is a baby placed in a room with blood. 

Rheagar has to be the father. The doubt is in the mother.

I am pretty sure that is deliberate.

Yep. That is why I think the Lyanna thing is the false lead. Why folk have to insist on her being the mother is beyond me.

Have you ever witnessed childbirth? it is a bloody mess.

And if it was necessary to do a C-section, it is even worse. That is what it looked like to me (and I've seen it a few time...done it a few times)

There is no doubt who the mother is