[Poll] How would you rate episode 610?

Ran

How would you rate episode 610?  

725 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

3 minutes ago, Cragen said:

I watched many show I liked at beginning then I stop watching after it becomes shit(Heroes). Why watch it if it don't bring you any enjoyment?

the why watch it is a bad question that always comes up. Someone answered it well last week. Ill watch anything with a dragon in it.

That said, some shows are meant to be brain deadening moron fodder. The reason this show got off the ground and became so popular was because it was a story that was more than just tits and dragons.

The writing is terrible. That's ok usually. Terrible writing is part of the genre. BUt not with this story. Further, it has become more than just terrible. It is insulting. Of course I will watch it. And crack heads will smoke crack. Just saying not to watch it doesn't make any sense.

I can't, for the life of me, understand why they have taken such a great story and placed it, unceremoniously, underneath a steaming pile of turd.

29 minutes ago, YOVMO said:

the why watch it is a bad question that always comes up. Someone answered it well last week. Ill watch anything with a dragon in it.

That said, some shows are meant to be brain deadening moron fodder. The reason this show got off the ground and became so popular was because it was a story that was more than just tits and dragons.

The writing is terrible. That's ok usually. Terrible writing is part of the genre. BUt not with this story. Further, it has become more than just terrible. It is insulting. Of course I will watch it. And crack heads will smoke crack. Just saying not to watch it doesn't make any sense.

I can't, for the life of me, understand why they have taken such a great story and placed it, unceremoniously, underneath a steaming pile of turd.

Because GRRM is genius D&D are not even close, you can't expect they keep same level of writing as when they have books to fallow and when GRRM was involved in show. You can't expect show to came even close to books, differences between mediums is to big for this kind of story. For me books are serious read and I love every chapter of it. Show is fun, I don't take it to serious, good visuals, usually good acting, some times great directing, like last two episodes, Sunday night fun. Sometimes I'm pissed with unused potential, but I try to separate it from books as far as I can. Surely even for TV show they have flaws that can't be justified(Arya stupidity from 7th episode).

Edited by Cragen

2 minutes ago, Cragen said:

Because GRRM is genius D&D are not even close,

not a genius? I am amazed they don't drown in their morning coffee.

you can't expect they keep same level of writing as when they have books to fallow and when GRRM was involved in show.

I have never once complained about the departures from the book or sacrifices that had to be made because of GRRM not writing the script or just that the medium involves. My problems all take the show as an isolated universe.

You can't expect show to came even close to books, differences between mediums is to big for this kind of story. For me books are serious read and I love every character of it. Show is fun, I don't take it to serious, good visuals, usually good acting, some times great directing, like last two episodes,

Here is my issue. They have such great material to work with and decide to do absolutely nothing with it. I get how Varys is way to complicated, even gray worm, to really get across...but seriously...how do you fuck up Tyrion? How is that even possible?

Some choices made for show (one example I like to use is Bronn doing Jamie's training rather than Illan Payne, was a good decision. It created fun dialogue in that season, it made sense in the world they created...fine. Terrific. Making Robb's wife have no connection to the lannisters was a smart move because the show just was at maximum capacity.

But things like leaving out Tysha even though season 2 set up the ground work, but having 5 miunutes of Tyrion talk about cousin lenny -- or having Tyrion tell jokes, have zero actual motivation, no depth..or having jon have zero transformation in character since coming back from the dead...hell, he is no different than when he was still living at winterfell....Arya too...all this shit has left her exactly the same as before.

Having shit for logic. Having best of scenes where they just rehash lines that played well. Character arc for the hound? Fuck that...he is about kicking ass and eating chicken....and discussing why people need to die more violently.....people kelling kind in the north...lets throw that in there. Hey, drogo's speech to the khalasar in season one was good, lets have dany give it on dragon back. Oh, yeah, and lets throw in only one king and his name is stark...and the Lannister-frey alliance words send their regards....and then...hey, while we are just rehashing old lines people liked and taking all the depth out of characters....lets make the whole show follow a modern day social justice feminist plot line because people will just love that shit. smh just terrible.

Sunday night fun. Sometimes I'm pissed with unused potential, but I try to separate it from books as far as I can. Surely even for TV show they have flaws that can't be justified(Arya stupidity from 7th episode).

Sunday night fun is great. Production values (with the exception of the fact that 20 people can't comfortably sit in the great hall of winterfell) was great. I am not about to diss bad plot and bad writing covered up with swords and dragons. Shit, I love that stuff. I can watch it all day every day. The thing is, forget the books....even as a tv show season one was stunning....seasons 2-3 were great, 4 had a lot of good moments and 5 less but still good. They already had a show that was more than just one idiot trope after another with no cohesion or logic and just a bunch of bullshit that was more than just sunday fun. They had it.

They had the dream. Source material you can only dream of. A built in loyal following. A tv show which laid the foundation for real depth, interesting characters and great story. They have an amazing production, for the most part a spectacular cast. They want for nothing and they basically took all of that and just totally wrecked it.

It isn't like they started the tv show like this and this is just what it was. They started great and turned it into this.

35 minutes ago, YOVMO said:

I'm going to assume you're a masochist.

As for me, 10. So much I was glad to see. One or two annoying scenes but I'll look past that.

It's a very pleasant surprise to see the season end so well after how turgid it's been in parts.

3 minutes ago, YOVMO said:

not a genius? I am amazed they don't drown in their morning coffee.

I have never once complained about the departures from the book or sacrifices that had to be made because of GRRM not writing the script or just that the medium involves. My problems all take the show as an isolated universe.

Here is my issue. They have such great material to work with and decide to do absolutely nothing with it. I get how Varys is way to complicated, even gray worm, to really get across...but seriously...how do you fuck up Tyrion? How is that even possible?

Some choices made for show (one example I like to use is Bronn doing Jamie's training rather than Illan Payne, was a good decision. It created fun dialogue in that season, it made sense in the world they created...fine. Terrific. Making Robb's wife have no connection to the lannisters was a smart move because the show just was at maximum capacity.

But things like leaving out Tysha even though season 2 set up the ground work, but having 5 miunutes of Tyrion talk about cousin lenny -- or having Tyrion tell jokes, have zero actual motivation, no depth..or having jon have zero transformation in character since coming back from the dead...hell, he is no different than when he was still living at winterfell....Arya too...all this shit has left her exactly the same as before.

Having shit for logic. Having best of scenes where they just rehash lines that played well. Character arc for the hound? Fuck that...he is about kicking ass and eating chicken....and discussing why people need to die more violently.....people kelling kind in the north...lets throw that in there. Hey, drogo's speech to the khalasar in season one was good, lets have dany give it on dragon back. Oh, yeah, and lets throw in only one king and his name is stark...and the Lannister-frey alliance words send their regards....and then...hey, while we are just rehashing old lines people liked and taking all the depth out of characters....lets make the whole show follow a modern day social justice feminist plot line because people will just love that shit. smh just terrible.

Sunday night fun is great. Production values (with the exception of the fact that 20 people can't comfortably sit in the great hall of winterfell) was great. I am not about to diss bad plot and bad writing covered up with swords and dragons. Shit, I love that stuff. I can watch it all day every day. The thing is, forget the books....even as a tv show season one was stunning....seasons 2-3 were great, 4 had a lot of good moments and 5 less but still good. They already had a show that was more than just one idiot trope after another with no cohesion or logic and just a bunch of bullshit that was more than just sunday fun. They had it.

They had the dream. Source material you can only dream of. A built in loyal following. A tv show which laid the foundation for real depth, interesting characters and great story. They have an amazing production, for the most part a spectacular cast. They want for nothing and they basically took all of that and just totally wrecked it.

It isn't like they started the tv show like this and this is just what it was. They started great and turned it into this.

I understand where you coming from, but I still think you take it to seriously and it hurts, this is reason I said it is not healthy.

Just now, The Black Adder of Dorne said:

I'm going to assume you're a masochist.

As for me, 10. So much I was glad to see. One or two annoying scenes but I'll look past that.

It's a very pleasant surprise to see the season end so well after how turgid it's been in parts.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Just now, Cragen said:

I understand where you coming from, but I still think you take it to seriously and it hurts, this is reason I said it is not healthy.

I tell people who are interested in politics the same thing.

We all pick what we think is important. For some people it is trump and Hilary. I think that is all just background noise to that is going on in Westeros. To each their own.

I voted it a 9. I really couldn't go any higher, because of a desperately slow and padded middle third that almost derailed things, but I thought it was terrific apart from that. Nice to see the Battle of the King and the Two Queens set up now. Goodye, Tommen, Walder, the High Sparrow and his fanatics, and good riddance. Unfortunately, farewell to Margaery. We will miss your pretty little smirks. PS - Before anyone gets it in first here, does anyone else think the Sand clan should have told Lady Olenna at their conference she 'needed the bad pussy'? I actually would have clapped at that. It would have been hilarious.

Edited by The Killer Snark

26 minutes ago, YOVMO said:

I tell people who are interested in politics the same thing.

We all pick what we think is important. For some people it is trump and Hilary. I think that is all just background noise to that is going on in Westeros. To each their own.

For me stress I got from my work place is enough, I couldn't handle additional stress from TV show.

Well I was pretty hyped up for the entirety of the episode! It is an easy 10 for my taste. I am an avid fan of the books, but I understand, like most of us I believe that the show and the books are two different areas, with different "economies".