[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion - one last time ;o)

3 hours ago, Neds Secret said:

I just want to bring attention to how clever that little kid that set the candles up in the wildfire was! It was a brilliant an very risky design to set up and then he even ran up to check that everybody was in position befor leading Lancel down to admire his work before it blew up! That little kid was like a Bond villain that just had to get Lancel to see his fiendish set up before it blew up, the kid must also have had a really steady hand, and Cersei placed mad amounts of trust in that kid to do his job correctly, Awesome!

LOL he was a ninja ;-)

58 minutes ago, Special Snowflake said:

^^ I must agree with this. Even tho Sansa leaves me confused half the time whose side she is on, I couldn't see that on screen. First she tells Jon, no I don't want the master bedroom or whatever it is called, u are a Stark too me, u deserve it. Then she smiles at the King in the North an suspiciously glances at LF.... And all of a sudden I am supposed to see that she is jelous?? I can understand they want drama and conflict or whatever.... But what is the point ff sake? Aren't the Starks supposed to be different than Lannisters? A lone wolf dies but the pack survives? And what is the point of those little yt videos if they just say those kind of thing but show something different/the audience doesn't see/understand?

Also, she looked genuinely happy sitting next to Jon and pleased when he was declared King in the North (until she met Littlefinger's eye, but that had nothing to do with Jon).

Lyanna Mormont is talking like a fangirl of Kit Harringotn. What happened to the inheritance rules? I think they just did it to bring out Evil!Sansa. I might like that story line, Sansa going against Jon. Just like not all Lannisters are bad, all Starks are not good either.

4 hours ago, DarkerStar said:

SNIP

Has the Citadel not checked their email? Jeor Mormont died 3 years ago. Everybody knows this. Except the organization whose job it is to know everything with agents in every castle in Westeros.

Retcon that Aemon too was bad at his job

37 minutes ago, WinterCloak said:

WHERE. WAS. GHOST?!! 

GHOST was "GENDRYing" almost all season long.

Thank the Gods - Euron was pleasantly absent most of the time as well - though he still had more screentime than all the direwolves combined.:angry2:

Just now, KarlVyt said:

I think the show just reached the level of "In the Name of the King". We just need Jason Statham and Doplh Lundgren  time travel from the future and it's a masterpiece!

To me it does have some Uwe Boll vibes by now . Like a very loooong Uwe Boll movie with a huge budget.

Goodness, that "In the name of the king" trash is indeed an Uwe Boll masterpiece? I should have known.:blink:

I think the only reason why they even included Lyanna Mormont is to have a girl disinherit Sansa and give Winterfell and the North to Jon.   

It's even more mindboggling that - from what I read on other sites - this is hailed as Sansa and Lyanna being 'empowered'. Sansa is one of the only women in the series who would inherit something by law, and it being taken away in favour of Jon is being praised. I just can't even.  

It wasn't even Jon who won Winterfell, it was Sansa and her Vale support. It wasn't Jon who killed Ramsey, it was Sansa. So what is Jon being rewarded for? Not getting trampled by horses? Defecting the Night's Watch and making everybody forget about it?

And what about the Riverlands now? Will they too support Jon? They probably will, because why would the show pass up an opportunity to shit on two women at the same time (Sansa and Catelyn).

3 hours ago, Grizzly Mormont said:

Are joff, tywin and myrcella buried at the Sept? That seems weird. Burn him and scatter his ashes at the Sept so he can be near his grandfather and siblings... Whose bodies are totally not far as fuck away. 

I think they were buried in the Sept, not sure why, probably Joffrey definitely as he was king not sure why Myr and Tywin

5 minutes ago, lidsa said:

I think the only reason why they even included Lyanna Mormont is to have a girl disinherit Sansa and give Winterfell and the North to Jon.   

It's even more mindboggling that - from what I read on other sites - this is hailed as Sansa and Lyanna being 'empowered'. Sansa is one of the only women in the series who would inherit something by law, and it being taken away in favour of Jon is being praised. I just can't even.  

It wasn't even Jon who won Winterfell, it was Sansa and her Vale support. It wasn't Jon who killed Ramsey, it was Sansa. So what is Jon being rewarded for? Not getting trampled by horses? Defecting the Night's Watch and making everybody forget about it?

And what about the Riverlands now? Will they too support Jon? They probably will, because why would the show pass up an opportunity to shit on two women at the same time (Sansa and Catelyn).

The show has become de-powering to every character in it and the intelligence of it's viewers. Then people worry if it's empowering to a specific sex or not :D That's hilarious.

None of them are empowered, they are all fucked either because of a nihilistic plot or shit house dialogue.

3 minutes ago, lidsa said:

Not just a girl, a 10 year old girl. The very idea that all those powerful lords would be influenced by a speech made by a 10 year old girl is preposterous.

31 minutes ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

- Cersei's hair was cut off in S05E10 - since S06E01 she seems to wear the same weird soccer mom haircut wig (which somehow is more orange than blonde or golden) - her hair doesn't grow back at all? Or has she decided, the soccer mom look / weird pixie cut is the new right style for her and she has her short hair trimmed regularly? Whatever happened to "...and hair grows back!" ???

You can't be an empowered woman without a modern-mature-hipster-haircut! I was thinking the exact same thing, I'm going to chalk it up to grief.

All that aside...

RIP Margaery! All of the eyecandy I don't utterly despise have died! I was hoping she'd get through but alas.

The episode felt very drawn out, overly dramatic. Everything just seemed to drag on. Qyburn killing Pycelle in a lustful gorgy of small hands, I guess that represents how much the show is deviated from the books and demonstrates how what is happening in these episodes is so warped from what is 'meant to be'.

The music, I felt like it was a classical musical, expecting the High Sparrow to start singing a soft melody and have a song argument with Margaery, with the HS singing low and Marg singing high.

Wtf was with Melissandre's acting this episode,it felt like she wanted to burst out in laughter or start crying. I had to pause just to look at some of the absurd faces she was making.

Weren't the Sand Snake in KL? Granted I haven't been invested in their story. I just hope that season 7 has no more Dorne or the same amount we had this season. If Dany camps at Dorne the amount of oestrogen is going to have blokes popping boobs out their chest left right and centre.

ToJ, anticlimactic copout, nuff said.

I won't even get started on the Winterfell scenes, I don't think they should be worried about White Walkers, they should be worried about contradictions killing them all and ravaging the countryside.

I barely heard the last scene of the triumphant Muhrer Dany sailing and hyping up all the stupid general viewers over me saying 'this is bullshit'

Ok I admit these are small details but to me a lot about the opening scenes didn't make sense.

The King and Queen didn't arrive at a major event like the trial of the Queen's brother and King's mother TOGETHER?  Margaery was a smart cookie.  Surely her alarm bells would have rung as soon as she was informed to go ahead without Tommen.

Lancel following the urchin into the tunnels.  His mission was to fetch Cersei.  Why would he abandon that for the sake of pursuing some child?  "Oh, there's a kid I don't know anything about who hasn't said a word to me, running away!  That must be more important than bringing Cersei to justice."

The Faith Militant preventing the people from leaving.  I didn't see any reason why the High Sparrow and his henchmen felt that was necessary.  It would actually have been a more exciting scene if people had been trying to run away and the end result would have been the same because none of them would have been able to outrun the wildfire. I guess that was another one of those budgetary decisions.

And last but not least, Cersei knew how fragile and attached to Margaery Tommen was, but she was more concerned with pouring wine on Septa Unella's face than being there with Tommen when he found out what had happened, so she sent a page (or whatever that guy's role was) to tell him?  Unella was strapped down, she wasn't going anywhere FFS!  It would also have been a much more dramatic scene if Tommen had jumped out the window in Cersei's presence.

That King in the North thing was just crap. Really. Why the hell would be anyone even want to be king of such a bunch of cowards and cravens? Why the hell would Jon want to be king if Sansa is right there? And how long is this going to matter if Bran runs along knowing the true parentage of Jon Snow?

The books cannot even have a variation of that theme because the guy who Maege and Galbart are with right now knows that Jon Snow isn't Eddard Stark's son. And I doubt Rickon will return just to die nor do I believe Bran becoming a greenseer will remain a secret for long (he should be able to talk through trees).

3 hours ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

Right so - it's because "boring Bran" NEVER talks about cocks, cock size and fucking.... and he never got a any bad pussy!^_^

I must admit I have become a big Meera-Bran shipper

36 minutes ago, David Selig said:

This was just terrible. All the talk in the other threads how great the episode was is downright bizarre.

The resolution of this season's KL plotline was not only idiotic, but showed how it was an epic waste of time it was throughout the whole season. The same thing could have happened in Episode 1 of this season and absolutely nothing would have changed in terms of plot or characterization. And Lancel trying desperately to reach the candle in time was one of the dumbest scenes in the whole show so far.

Why the hell did Tommen kill himself? WTF was this?

Why would anyone support Cersei after all this? She has no army, not even any retainers apart of UnGregor, she just committed the greatest blasphemy ever, all the powerful families in the realm want her dead...

The idea that all the lords gathered at WF will listen to and follow the speech of a 10 year old kid from a minor house is downright preposterous.

That scene between Dany and Daario was atrocious. Bad writing and even worse acting. They looked like two strangers who couldn't care less about their break-up. And Tyrion as hand makes no freaking sense for now. He has done nothing to prove himself to Dany. And why does Dany expect Daario not to screw up everything in Meereen? The guy couldn't care less about the city.

Sam is a total dumbass. What does he expects to happen once his father comes looking for him in the obvious place?

Well, at least the High Sparrow, the most boring character in this show, died, so it wasn't a total loss.

Also Sansa saying "Only a fool would trust Littlefinger!" was pretty hilarious.

At this point, I'm thinking that Benioff and Weiss are only really capable of conjuring up moments they think will be dramatically interesting, or cathartic, such as Tommen's suicide or Jon being elected as King in the North, but have absoultely no idea how to develop, build, or in anyway make those moments worthwhile. I thought the fifth season was bad, with Mother's Mercy being a dismal low-point, but season 6 has been bad in a way I couldn't imagine. They pour all their effort into one episode (usually episode 9) and let everything else be done with the minimal effort possible. And they're winning awards for this rubbish! 

6 hours ago, Simon Steele said:

That's something I wondered about Cersei being crowned--is she crowning herself as Robert's wife? Wouldn't the next job be to seek the next closest living, male heir to Robert? Not a Lannister? Or is she just seizing the throne because the rules of the show are whoever kills the king is the king? But the show kind of pretends lines of succession matter, right? So if the Lannisters seized the Iron Throne, wouldn't Jaime be the King (whether he wanted it or not?) because he's not a Kingsguard anymore? 

None of that shit made sense. But then again, Ellaria is ruling Dorne.

She doesn't take the throne as Robert's wife but as Tommen's heir.

I think considering he has no child, wife, brother or sister alive, and Baratheons are extinguished (show ignoring that far removed cousins may exist as usual), his mother inheriting isn't unlogical (or not as unlogical as most other things in the show).

Jaime would have no reason to inherit as he is (officially) further removed from Tommen than Cersei.

That said Qyburn (not a septon, not a noble, not even a maester with chain) crowning Cersei, is as low you may get as support to her legitimacy.

Archived