[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion - one last time ;o)

15 minutes ago, teemo said:

Just woke up from a nightmare and I'm not kidding....for some reason I was being forced to watch seasons 2-6 of GoT back-to-back with a bunch of Unsullied who hated the books and me even more.  It was actually kind of terrifying, lol.  

:(

I once had a nightmare that, in the show, Euron=Daario was confirmed. I actually got out of bed and googled it just to reassure myself.

3 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

After finishing the finale, my friend ran to my room to confirm that Jon truly is Robert's son. :bang:  I freaking hate this show.

Goddmanit. We could have had the knight of the laughing tree and the tourney of Harrenhal over those mind numbingly dull WF and Derpdor flashbacks.

3 minutes ago, WSmith84 said:

I once had a nightmare that, in the show, Euron=Daario was confirmed. I actually got out of bed and googled it just to reassure myself.

haha xD

2 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

After finishing the finale, my friend ran to my room to confirm that Jon truly is Robert's son. :bang:  I freaking hate this show.

I understand the showcasuals don't have a clue about Rhaegar...because he is hardly ever mentioned (but I have read things online where people think Rhaegar is somehow Viserys...:blink:)... but this Robert-theory still doesn't make any sense too me not even with show logic: if he would indeed be Jon's father -  what's all the fuss? why would it have to be a secret? why would the baby be in any danger?  At that time Robert wasn't married and had a bastard before...it would only be a disgrace to Lyanna but nothing else IMHO.

8 hours ago, Deatheye said:

In the show? Well, as I said, I hope that they'll do something interesting with Euron - it'll just be sad if he gets Doran'd. Another character I'm curious about is Randyll Tarly, he's bound to chase Sam and Heartsbane to Oldtown. If the show is going to do what the books are doing, then Euron should attack/raid/capture Oldtown, so that means they could meet. I don't know what could happen then, maybe they'll fight against one another or maybe they'll become allies - there are some book theories that Randyll is one of JonCon's friends in the Reach so Euron/Randyll alliance could be show version of this. Why do I think this could happen? Well, we have seen in s06 that Randyll hates wildlings and Dany's dothraki are basically wildlings on steroids. I think that what he said about wildlings was to foreshadow how he'll feel about the dothraki, but eh, maybe I give D&D too much credit. Anyway, Euron has to attack Dany because she has allied with Yara and Randyll could be one of his allies, but it's all probably just my bullshit theory (though I wouldn't mind seeing it come true).

I'm also curious about Littlefinger, Jaime and Qyburn - LF could mess the things up there in the north, Jaime should be more similar to his book self now that he sees that Cersei is insane and I want to know if Qyburn has some hidden intentions. Oh, and BwB going north, I wonder if they'll actually get there or if they meet Wolverine on the road (who has both Beric and Thoros on her little list) and she kills them. I hope that the former is true, because Beric Dondarrion is one of my favourite minor characters. White walker story will probably have a lot of expensive CGI, but since it seems they're just pure evil in the show, I'm not really interested in their story, I just hope their scenes will look good.

As for tWoW: I'm looking forward to basically everything, but mainly I want to know what Stannis's story and fate is going to be (if he dies in the Battle for Winterfell, or if he survives and dies after the Wall falls or in a battle against Dany) and how much will JonCon and Aegon conquer down in the south.

Someone here mentioned Euron could be joining Cersei (book and show) - that would actually somehow work at least in the show, I think: Show-Cersei SHOULD have NO ALLIES left (unless the Tyrell army LOVED how their Lord and his children were blown up), Euron can hardly be fighting FOR KellyC. as his relatives already are on her side and since D&D love to merge/fuse characters together....maybe Euron will partially become Cersei's precious Aurane Waters.

I don't think we will ever see Randyll Tarly or the rest of Sam's family again (which is a shame, as Samantha Spiro is someone I'd love to see again ;o) - in the book he will probably be quite important as he is really clever, seems to have a large army and is now in the small council as the justiciar. Also his Valyrian steel sword will definitely be used in the fight against the Others, I gather.

Show-Randyll was probably only there to show us what a horrible time Sam must have had while growing up with him and to be dumbfounded by a wildling girl who actually shouldn't have a clue about much - oh, and of course he was needed to point out Sam has grown some balls and can be a real badass by now.

I hope Baelish and Qyburn die soon - because both are really creepy & confusing and I don't know where their show-stoylines could be going (both are creepy in the books as well but more interesting).  As for Jaime.... I just hope he somehow becomes book-Jaime again. Not just realizing Cersei is nuts and loves to rule and burn things...but that she also doesn't truly love him as much as he loves her, that she has manipulated and lied to him to get what she wants for years....

Do you guys believe he FINALLY knows she slept with Lancel? Will he be forever the only one in Kings Landing NOT KNOWING? Does he know and he is fine with it? Or will Bronn finally tell him in Season 7? Why could they not just have that revelation at the end of Season 4 when he said goodbye to Tyrion?.

I fear D&D will make him "the valonqar" in the next season - even though their prophecy at the beginning of Season 5 did not mention anything about Cersei actually being killed by her/a little brother - so the shock value will be bigger to show-casuals. But what would he do after that?Go north, go to Casterly Rock and rule there(as there are no other Lannisters left/mentioned who could do so), stay in Kings Landing(and rule himself) or wait and surrender the city to KellyC. and Tyrion? It all sounds so dull.

Show-Arya doesn't still have Thoros and Beric on her list,or does she? I didn't quite listen when she was being beaten up by the Terminator-waif yet again and telling her about her past. Even so, if she doesn't teleport to Winterfell directly, I guess she will meet the Brotherhood again - who already teamed up with Sandor and together they will come upon Melisandre - who told Arya sometime ago "we will meet again" (in case D&D remember that). Maybe even Gendry will pop up miraculously.:dunce: Sadly, there will be no reunion with Nymeria and her pack of wolves.

But no matter what happens in that ASOIAF parody show - I do believe Stannis will die in the books too. But he will die honorably (without burning his daughter himself) and fighting properly - maybe even sacrificing himself - whether it is against Roose Bolton, against Aegon or against the Others - I just hope it's not against Daenerys. I would hate for her to win.

2 minutes ago, blckp said:

i was cool with Jon Snow now i just cant stand Jon Snow ,in this season

:agree:

From the second he was revived he was bland and dull and just blah....maybe that's D&D's way to show us coming back from the dead changes you!?! But maybe it's the man-bun that makes him less likeable ;o)

RANTS

-NO LSH. That's my biggest rant. I'm extremely disappointed. After all those hints... (Specific thread about that).

-Arya's endgame. Extremely rushed and felt nothing.

-In the final epic scene you see Varys, and then you notice he had just teleported from Dorne. A scene I liked destroyed by that.

-Sansa and Jon don't remember Bran is heir in the North... Just horrible.

-Dorne. It's always ...Dorne. Even with the incredible Olenna character, who I love

1 hour ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

:agree:

From the second he was revived he was bland and dull and just blah....maybe that's D&D's way to show us coming back from the dead changes you!?! But maybe it's the man-bun that makes him less likeable ;o)

I liked Jon Snow before he came back, too. Sandra destroyed him, she destroys everything. They destroyed her, and in turn, she destroys every storyline she touches. Revenge of the misplaced character.

On 6/30/2016 at 2:28 PM, TepidHands said:

Unfortunately, I think it's truly "Lost," and will end as disappointingly as that series, that started with such promise and ended with such incoherence. A real shame. To quote Benioff:  "I think you’ve gotta start wondering: What the hell is this plot?"  

I really, really loved this show, but there was just so much bullshit this season - plot holes, continuity errors, character inconsistencies, complete abandonment of the laws of space/time, terrible writing (with the way they regurgitate memorable dialogue from past seasons or throw in book dialogue in the wrong scene or w/the wrong characters, it's feels like they ate all of the old scripts, GRRM's notes on key plot points and the ASOIAF Wiki pages and are just puking up words at random.) - that I don't see how any serious fan could overlook them. It's been frustrating for a while, but a lot of it was only mildly annoying (Littlefinger saying "Only your sister," names being changed because they're too similar, etc), and I could overlook it because there was still so much that was great. Now I can barely get through the episodes and just feel so disappointed in what could have been. I know I'll finish it out because I want to know how they end things, but this season killed the final flicker of hope I had in their ability to tell this story. 

I loved the entire KL sequence, but when I actually think about it, I can't wrap my head around it.  Why wouldn't the FM let the people leave the Sept?? Why would they start the Trial without Cersei+Tommen?  Don't the FM have absolute authority, in the show, to run about The Red Keep willy-nilly and simply seize them?  Wouldn't anyone else know about the wildfire?

I'm trying to use just show logic and I can't wrap my head around the whole predicament happened. Can someone help me?

27 minutes ago, Zombies That Were Promised said:

I loved the entire KL sequence, but when I actually think about it, I can't wrap my head around it.  Why wouldn't the FM let the people leave the Sept?? Why would they start the Trial without Cersei+Tommen?  Don't the FM have absolute authority, in the show, to run about The Red Keep willy-nilly and simply seize them?  Wouldn't anyone else know about the wildfire?

I'm trying to use just show logic and I can't wrap my head around the whole predicament happened. Can someone help me?

I think the bolded would be where you would run into some troubles here. I'm sorry, I just don't think there is any way possible to make sense out of this scenario, period, let alone using show logic, which I believe is an egregious misnomer.

I'm just gonna put this here as reference because there was some discussion on this thread/another thread where a poster claimed that Jaime told Tyrion about the incident with the mad King and that is how Tyrion magically knew the story to tell to Dany. 

Basically Jaime didn't tell Tyrion so it is just shit writing by the show runners who forgot their own story:

It's a major turning point for Jaime, to be this vulnerable and open and raw with someone other than Cersei. And I think it's the first time he's told ANYONE what really happened during the sack of King's Landing-that includes Tyrion and Cersei. 

http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/episodes/3/25-kissed-by-fire/interview/bryan-cogman.html 

6 hours ago, Zombies That Were Promised said:

The music was beautiful, the directing was masterful, the production values were high dollar, the acting was magnificent, the scope of the show is a spectacle............ it's all almost enough to fool you that the writing is any good.

That is generally referred to as "distracting them with shiny things", or, jingling the keys. 

The sad thing being is that the shiny things obviously work :dunce:

I've read that show watchers are under the impression that Jon is Ned's son.  For them to come to this conclusion after this episode shows how badly written it is.  Poor Starks. Now people think Jon is the product of incest.

5 minutes ago, Houndbird said:

I've read that show watchers are under the impression that Jon is Ned's son.  For them to come to this conclusion after this episode shows how badly written it is.  Poor Starks. Now people think Jon is the product of incest.

:o

thanks to 6 seasons of twincest I suppose

I just thought of something upon an accidental rewatch of the Dany sailing to Westeros  clip. 

Not only is Dany on the ship with Varys, who once wanted her dead (whoops) but Tyrion is now aligned with the Bad Pussy Sand who killed his niece and Olenna Tyrell who was part of the family that rooted to have Tyrion put in the black cells when Olenna kinda framed Tyrion for regicide (or atleast let him take the heat of it). 

1 minute ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I just thought of something upon an accidental rewatch of the Dany sailing to Westeros  clip. 

Not only is Dany on the ship with Varys, who once wanted her dead (whoops) but Tyrion is now aligned with the Bad Pussy Sand who killed his niece and Olenna Tyrell who was part of the family that rooted to have Tyrion put in the black cells when Olenna kinda framed Tyrion for regicide (or atleast let him take the heat of it). 

Yep, and none of it will ever be mentioned again. *flourishing hand-wave*

3 minutes ago, Ser Quork said:

Yep, and none of it will ever be mentioned again. *flourishing hand-wave*

:bang:

That's me at my to screen trying to find some sense in the GoT story. Poor tv. It didn't sign up for this. 

Archived