[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion - one last time ;o)

2 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

·         Melisandre’s continued descent into mediocrity; why send her away? Lock her up at least, she may still prove useful·       

Jon knew he was more saving Mel's life from Davos because deep down her case to help fight the NK rung a bell to Jon, hence banishment. If the North dies fighting the WW's, she will be to the South to retreat to. Jon is starting to believe her by the way she keeps referencing things she shouldn't know.

Lord Manderly was actually the biggest punch to the gut for me, because it embodies what I hate about the show - things getting changed for absolutely no point. Just because the show runners think it's better, and this is why so much gold from the books is absent and we're left with this mess.

Just now, BulletTooth_Tony said:

Dude... They cast all attractive women to be Martell's and Sand's... Yet we're to believe Rhaegar passed up on one of them for that fugly A Lyanna? Pffffffff...

The Sand Fakes are attractive?
Also Lyanna was dying of fever, she wasn't going to be particularly hot you know

11 minutes ago, Rockroi said:

The only explanation is that the show-runners put that in there to EMPHATICALLY state that they are not dealing with continuity anymore.  It doesn't matter if something makes sense or not anymore; no: if the scene looks, seems, or feels "cooler" they just do it.

-Fuck me, Varys being everywhere is just kind of funny. 

Showing Varys behind Dany felt so deliberate. Like there was no purpose to him being in the scene, not everyone was in the scene, it doesn't matter to show everyone, but they chose to show him right there behind Dany so no one would miss him. 

I think they not only not care about continuity, but they are giving the middle finger to everyone that is annoyed by it. 

it felt like such a "We do what we want, U mad? lol"

1 hour ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

Ooooh - the children of doom (creepy) kill Pycelle for no real reason . In the books Varys killing him makes sense - but this?

Cersei wanted to clean house. Pycelle was Grand Maester under 6 kings, he needs to be gone.

He may have been loyal to the Lannisters but he annoyed Cersei.  First ruling queen of Westeros is allowed to do as she pleases, she made big sacrifices.

5 minutes ago, Bee Diddie said:

Waaah! How is varys in dorne then on the boat? It's called the f*cking NARROW sea.
Waah! *sob* Is Jon going to addicate....there's Dany and Jon and probably a third Targ, you realize this yes?

Man the nitpicking.....

Actually he wouldn't have to go through the narrow sea.. but no biggie.

At least nitpickers understand the lores and general geography and concepts of the show.

3 minutes ago, Bee Diddie said:

Waaah! How is varys in dorne then on the boat? It's called the f*cking NARROW sea.
Waah! *sob* Is Jon going to addicate....there's Dany and Jon and probably a third Targ, you realize this yes?

Man the nitpicking.....

If you were to look at a map of this imaginary place, you notice that Varys would have had to travel considerably more than just across the narrow sea (which still takes some time). He would have had to travel through all of Slaver's Bay (and lucky for him that he wasn't intercepted by the approaching fleet of the Masters) and around the destroyed land of Valyria, and then he would have gotten to the narrow sea. But in the southern area of the narrow sea, where Dorne lies, there are a series of islands, called the Stepstones, often infested with pirates. Yep, easy journey.

There was some stuff that I didn't like, like Cersei's minimal reaction to Tommen's death, Varys' warping, but there was so much epic stuff to wash it out I don't even care right now.

I'm so hype for WInds, I just hope GRRM covers all this epic stuff and then some.

Just now, Bee Diddie said:

And yet this flaw did not take away from my enjoyment of the episode whatsoever....go figure.
If anything, I was more ticked off that the northern lords were willing to crown a bastard so easily.

Well that too, but this takes away some, for me.

2 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

I'm so hype for WInds, I just hope GRRM covers all this epic stuff and then some.

I don't watch the show I just join in on discussion cause I'm bored. 

But I'm hyped definitely hyped for WOW and I hope GRRM does everything different from the books cause the show from what I've heard is ridiculous. 

Archived