[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussions - First We Take King's Landing Edition

Ran

23 minutes ago, SeanF said:

It was unfair of Catelyn (in the books) to distrust Jon, but also clear what her reasoning was (her knowledge of the Blackfyre Rebellion).

It's not clear why Sansa should distrust him. 

Not just that, but he's the living embodiment of her husband's infidelity, while she was back home pregnant with his trueborn heir. His daily presence was a constant and painful reminder that her Ned screwed around on her. 

Of course, Catelyn in the show is the "worst woman who ever lived," causing "all this horror that's come to my family... it's all because I couldn't love a motherless child," and who was "consumed with hatred" for St. Jon. 

None of which, of course, explains Sansa. 

3 minutes ago, Ser Quork said:

Oo, and another thing (!!):

Do the D&D understand how childbirth works - where babies come from?  Lyanna's clothes and bedding look as if Alien had ripped out of her stomach.  Are they implying it was a botched Caesarean  - with her clothes on?  I mean - just what was that about?

Apparently they don't understand how sex works, either. This wasn't the immaculate conception. They made Lyanna all about birthing a baby. And to hell with Rhaegar. They never showed their story. I guess it's just as well, they'd just botch it.

I guess I don't have a huge issue with Jon not executing Mel as she could claim Stannis forced her to burn Shireen. Plus, Jon might lend some forgiveness since she did bring him back from the dead.

But there is zero reason why Littlefinger is not headless right now. Like others have said, Bronze Yohn declared for Jon and it is Sweet Robin's army. Littlefinger essentially has no power and he sold Sansa to Ramsay.

24 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:
28 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I kind of thought that Tommen's death as a result of her plot was a little too underplayed.  Not that she needed to tear her hair out, but it was such a blah response, at least they might have had a convo that would give some better illumination to her deranged state of mind.

I thought it was GROSS that I read some reviewers saying they were happy the Septa was getting tortured?!  For fucks sake, WTF is wrong with people?!

I'll be fair, and say that I thought that Cersei's scenes were very very good in this episode.  There was real dramatic tension, before the Great Sept went up.  The scene with Unella was good, but also, really made my skin crawl (all that suggestive fondling).  Cersei behaved as a torturer behaves.  But, no one should be in any doubt that while Unella may be unpleasant, Cersei is a truly vile  human being, and no one deserves to suffer torture at her hands.

2 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Apparently they don't understand how sex works, either. This wasn't the immaculate conception. They made Lyanna all about birthing a baby. And to hell with Rhaegar. They never showed their story. I guess it's just as well, they'd just botch it.

Right? Unless they take the time to explain Rhaegar and Lyanna, Jon might as well be a Blackfyre.

20 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I also thought we should have gotten a little Bond villain monologue from Arya to recount Freys crimes and maybe she should have told him she's executing him or something, it was awfully qucik.

And apparently those faces are super portable. Pocket faces! Anyone can do it. Then why doesn't everyone do it?

1 minute ago, TepidHands said:

Not just that, but he's the living embodiment of her husband's infidelity, while she was back home pregnant with his trueborn heir. His daily presence was a constant and painful reminder that her Ned screwed around on her. 

Of course, Catelyn in the show is the "worst woman who ever lived," causing "all this horror that's come to my family... it's all because I couldn't love a motherless child," and who was "consumed with hatred" for St. Jon. 

Catelyn had valid in-world reasons to dislike Jon being at Winterfell - the embodiment of Ned's infidelity, as you say, the possible succession issues, as well as the in-world prejudice to bastards - and these reflect real-world mediaeval prejudices which were utterly unforgiving for a child born out of wedlock (and derived authority from the Bible).  So - I think Sansa's prejudices would be valid in-world even if they are at odds with our modern views, although her characterisation is utterly inconsistent from one scene to the next on this!

14 minutes ago, Ser Quork said:

Oo, and another thing (!!):

Do the D&D understand how childbirth works - where babies come from?  Lyanna's clothes and bedding look as if Alien had ripped out of her stomach.  Are they implying it was a botched Caesarean  - with her clothes on?  I mean - just what was that about?

Oh, come now!  Jon's implied to be half-dragon -  he clawed his way out!

What the hell was with all those creepy, dead-eyed children stabbing Pycelle...  We had an entire set of seasons and chapters in the book devoted to how a child can become a killer like Arya, but it takes a lot of time of constant stress and terror and is not common.  How the hell are all of these kids, no older than 7 or 8, in this show just completely cool with being told to stab a man to death?  And none of them look a little scared or unsure or hesitant?  None of them are capable of showing basic human emotion?  

How is this better than just having Qyburn pull a knife and end the old goat?

9 minutes ago, TepidHands said:

Actually it does explain D&D's misreading of Sansa in the books. They subscribe to the popular belief that Sansa is Catelyn 2.0 when she is closer to Ned in terms of personality. But then again, they have severely misconstrued Ned as well so I guess they just hate women with feminine-coded interests even if one of their canon talents is the art of diplomacy and observation.

2 minutes ago, PrettyPig said:

Oh, come now!  Jon's implied to be half-dragon -  he clawed his way out!

All those Jon's father theories that break down to incorrect timelines can now be true, as like Rhaegal and Viserion leaving the pyramid, he was ready to be born months ago, but waited to the moment of plot convenience.

2 hours ago, ArabellaVidal said:

So pretty much everything that Boss Ass Person did to convince Mr. "I'm leaving the North I don't want to fight anymore" to actually fight and then basically saving the entire North with the Vale army (forget how she did it, the fact is she did it) has been credited to the new KitN? Really?
And we're supposed to be entirely sympathetic towards him? Why exactly? At this point, both of them come across as entirely stupid and unworthy of sympathy.

I actually do have sympathy for Sandra/Sansa here.

Surely, it must have been a bit tough for her to sit there and hear everyone sing the praises of Emo Snowflake as the sole architect of the Stark restoration, when the truth of the matter is that without Sandra's/Sansa's prodding and actions old Snowflake would have been dead or would have been shoveling shit in the RL for two bucks an hour.

And then there is the fact that Sandra has made it known to Emo Snowflake that she would like to be consulted once in a while.

All these things might be interesting issues to explore. But, I do not trust D & D to handle them well, and Sansa will probably come off looking like she is the worst person in the world. There is already enough Sansa hate out there and D & D are not helping matters with their hamfisted attempts to do melodrama.

3 minutes ago, Super Mario said:

All those Jon's father theories that break down to incorrect timelines can now be true, as like Rhaegal and Viserion leaving the pyramid, he was ready to be born months ago, but waited to the moment of plot convenience.

Maybe Lyanna isn't a wolf -  she's actually an armadillo or a roe deer, or some other mammal that can delay birth until conditions are favorable.

Archived