[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussions - First We Take King's Landing Edition

Ran

4 hours ago, Ser Quork said:

And there's another thing:

Jon says he's had the Lord's bedroom made up for her and she's, kthnx.  I expected her to be: No, thanks, raped there a bunch - never want to see that room again.  Apparently that's forgotten now, too. :bang:

Ditto. They really are phoning this in.

What the fuck did I just watch... er skim through. 

This isn't the place for it, but I have to say it.  Lyanna Mormont's actress kicks ass in that role.  Emotionally I loved the KitN scene, but my brain keeps trying to parse it.  And failing.  So the Knights of the Vale just are all in cause Jon says bad things are coming?  And Jon could've said anything but forgive Glover the way he did and I'd be fine.  At least the Mel/Davos/Jon scene was good, again in a vacumm and if you don't think about it too hard.

I'm so glad we get to suffer through another season of LF and will Sandra betray her Half-brother in the North.

Also, did I miss it cause I skimmed or was there no explicit R+L=J?

KL was wretched, the opening scene and music is a prime example of taking yourself too seriously and thinking you are the Wire or the Sopranos when you aren't.

Why is LF even walking around free. The King in the North knows he sold his sister to the Boltons. Head chopping time.

(The "LF killed Ned" shoe has got to drop at some point, and Sandor is headed that way. Maybe this is how they build to that.)

7 minutes ago, A_Cornered_Wolf said:

Also, did I miss it cause I skimmed or was there no explicit R+L=J?

there was no explicit reveal. They actually showed Lyanna whispering something to Ned but cut the audio, totally shitting all over the entire point of Brans flashbacks. All we heard was "promise me Ned" which we already knew, then the camera cut to Jon Snow present time. That was the big R+L=J reveal everyone has been waiting x amount of years for. 

35 minutes ago, SuperMario said:

I spit my drink out at the end when I saw Varys on Dany's ship. He sails to Dorne and back again before Dany sets sail. Even Batfinger would be jealous of that teleporting.

No shit!  Surely he had time to run up to the Red Keep and give his 'killing Kevan' speech to the wrong man, as it was ugly coming from Qyburn's mouth.

LF declared for the Starks. So did Bronze Yohn. The army belongs to Sweetrobin, Sansa's cousin. (It was his call to send the troops on the show.)

Sansa can just say, he pimped me out to the Boltons. He framed me for regicide. He killed Lysa. And then he's toast. Instead of this melodrama.

The KL piano score was beautiful but it seemed entirely out of place.

As others sometimes suggest, many scenes can be seen as decent if you ignore exterior factors and take it as if in a vacuum.

Like, who wouldn't enjoy Arya killing The Late Lord Frey? But how did she travel there so easily and how did she create the pie? Also does she somehow have access to many faces from the HoBaW?

Finally the Northern Lords remember. Yay! Shame it's so late that their newfound Stark allegiance seems highly unconvincing.

Doubt-filled and emotional Melisandre is utterly tedious.

I am pleased they're finally ditching the pretence that Cersei cares about anyone other than herself, but again it seems late in the game to suggest that, like another character 180degree switch similar to that of Shae in the show.

So for me, I enjoyed elements of this episode possibly more than any other episode this season. But as soon as you take into account the stuff that looms like a dark cloud over these elements, it kind of puts a dampener on any enjoyment there was.

39 minutes ago, SuperMario said:

Honestly, if they try to pass off Dany having any issues taking Westeros, it will be a complete joke. Dany now has the Tyrells and the Martells on top of the hundred thousand warriors she already has. The north has about 20 soldiers left and the Lannisters and Freys would be the only opposition. (Unless you count Chubby and his fleet of double wide trailers).

Yeah, she’ll probably pick up the 4th Soviet Airborne Corps, the Afrika Corps, I MEF, and the Grand Armee of 1805 along the way, with everything else, but D & D will probably try to convince us that Dany is going to have a really hard time taking Westeros.

1 minute ago, OldGimletEye said:

Yeah, she’ll probably pick up the 4th Soviet Airborne Corps, the Afrika Corps, I MEF, and the Grand Armee of 1805 along the way, with everything else, but D & D will probably try to convince us that Dany is going to have a really hard time taking Westeros.

Hahaha!  She even pick up F Troop and McCale's navy and still have a stunning victory!  One she clearley owes to her clever Hand of the Queen!   :ack:

3 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Sansa can just say, he pimped me out to the Boltons. He framed me for regicide. He killed Lysa. And then he's toast. Instead of this melodrama.

And apparently she can’t get to the point either or speak in a direct manner. If she really wants to be lady of Winterfell, she could have simply told Jon that.

Don’t know much about being a Boss Ass Individual, but I would think they wouldn’t be so coy about making their feelings known.

Just now, LongRider said:

Hahaha!  She even pick up F Troop and McCale's navy and still have a stunning victory!  One she clearley owes to her clever Hand of the Queen!   :ack:

"Perfect hand of the queen" according to Benioff. Perfect.

Just now, Le Cygne said:

"Perfect hand of the queen" according to Benioff. Perfect.

I was stunned that the Hand pin is the same as the one in KL.  Copy much Dragon Lady?  Oh course he's perfect, he's St. Tyrion.

6 minutes ago, Mister Stoneheart said:

Am I the only one annoyed by the Lyanna Mormont character.  Yes, yes, she's interesting enough, and the child actress is above and beyond her years, but for god's sake she's the anti-Ollie...she's such a flaming Mary Sue.

I can't stand the brat.

5 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

And apparently she can’t get to the point either or speak in a direct manner. If she really wants to be lady of Winterfell, she could have simply told Jon that.

Don’t know much about being a Boss Ass Individual, but I would think they wouldn’t be so coy about making their feelings known.

I don't even think they are going for that. I think they are setting up a Sansa as Catelyn thing when Bran shows up. She will back Bran over Jon. They can't even let the Starks get along. Or savor any sort of victory.

And I bet LF aligns himself with Cersei. He will just lie to her once again. And there will be a showdown, where he tries to take Winterhell and put Sansa's head on a spike. And his head will end up on a spike instead.

5 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

What did the "writers" say about the Boss. Ass. Individual?  What was that last look supposed to mean?

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

What did the "writers" say about the Boss. Ass. Individual?  What was that last look supposed to mean?

Benioff said she's jealous and angry because Jon won't listen to her. She doesn't trust him. And the actors said she's just like Catelyn, and implied she's going to cause trouble.

Just now, Le Cygne said:

Benioff said she's jealous and angry because Jon won't listen to her. She doesn't trust him. And the actors said she's just like Catelyn, and implied she's going to cause trouble.

They really do hate the Starks.  Like the depth of their Stark hatred is bottomless.

1 hour ago, David Selig said:

Larry is not the sharpest tool in the drawer, to put it mildly.

Anyway, why did Arya even bothered with the fake face? Who was supposed to recognize her in Riverrun? Jaime? He hasn't seen her in 5 years when she was still a kid. And where did she find that supermodel face anyway?

she might have murdered some poor girl on the way to the twins.

Archived