Varys????

2 minutes ago, Pile-O-Starks said:

I'd like to know how Jon was a baby in Dorne and then a full grown man in Winterfell in the very next scene! Impossible!

:lmao: I'm sure it's gotta be one of three answers: because reasons, because plot, or because bad writing...

Is it me or has the show never dealt with the fact that Varys tried to kill Daenerys in season 1? She's never had a conversation with Varys or about the 'spymaster' that tried to kill her. Another ridiculous plothole considering she clearly just let him onto her ship.

it's not hard to figure out .....Varys was sent to recruit Dorne and he got the Martells as well ....Danny sets sail and links up with the Dornish and Martells as they come through .....not that hard really .....do you really want them to show what would take 4 weeks of travel....I mean they only get a few minutes for a scene...lol

Time has passed, though I doubt there will have been a corresponding time skip in King's Landing when the fleet will arrive.

D&D have little interest in respecting time and space. They care about their plot. Time and space are obstacles that they will choose to ignore when there's no convenient alternative (and sometimes when there is one!).

2 hours ago, Rumy Stark said:

Ok I know this show plays with time travel but how in the world was Varys with the fleet in that final scene???? We literally saw him in Dorne IN THIS EP.

I am just so confused right now. Why was it even necessary for him to be there? Like why couldn't he have just waited to welcome them in Dorne? I am confused. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Because an episode doesn't take a day. Stuff is shown out of sequence.  I really think viewers today are super lazy and expect everything to be drawn out and explained.  There is a thing called inference.

I was thrown off by this too, but I missed the Martell ships. I was just thinking why on earth would he sail to Dorne, make an alliance, then sail back to Mereen to meet up with Dany to sail back to Dorne. It wasn't about the passage of time, it just didn't make sense. But a rendezvous makes sense. D'oh.

Better shows than Game of Thrones do time jumps within episodes. The books do it too on a lesser scale. Dany conquers like three cities in three consecutive chapters. I don't get why people have a problem with this. Did I miss the running clock a la 24?

24 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

There were Tyrell and Dornish sails in that fleet. So they rendezvoused somewhere I imagine. They have to be sailing for Dragonstone or King's Landing I would think. Though I suppose the Stormlands could be a possibility as well.

Are the Tyrell ships in the background shot as we pass by Grey Worm's ship?

I think it's cool they included Tyrell and Martell banners in the scene of her fleet, but Dany just in a previous scene talked about how she's a bit afraid that she's in the Game now.. that she'll have to court allies in Westeros.

This kinda just ignores all that by plopping 2 of the 7 Kingdoms at her feet without her having spoken a word to them.  Is Dany a character that undergoes struggles like the rest or is she just here to be a Mary Sue??? It sure seems like it.

Just now, Zombies That Were Promised said:

Are the Tyrell ships in the background shot as we pass by Grey Worm's ship?

I think it's cool they included Tyrell and Martell banners in the scene of her fleet, but Dany just in a previous scene talked about how she's a bit afraid that she's in the Game now.. that she'll have to court allies in Westeros.

This kinda just ignores all that by plopping 2 of the 7 Kingdoms at her feet without her having spoken a word to them.  Is Dany a character that undergoes struggles like the rest or is she just here to be a Mary Sue??? It sure seems like it.

They're not exactly focused on but you'll see them in the background as the camera is panning through. They're towards the back of the fleet at the final shot as well. Green sails with the Tyrell rose and orange sails with the Dorne sun, so they stick out compared to the Greyjoy and Targaryen sails.

I'd say Cersei had more to do with two of those kingdoms declaring for Dany than she or Varys did.

1 hour ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

HOW COULD JON SNUH BE THE KING IN THE NORTH WHEN LIKE 5 SECONDS AGO HE WAS JUST A BEBEH IN THE TOWER OF JOY WITH YUNG NED AND LYANNA???

I kid.

Also, note the additional (donnish) witnesses to the birth of the snuh bebeh. Midwives, I guess.

1 hour ago, Lyin' Ned said:

Guys, here is a leaked picture of Varys from season 7.

You guys:rofl:

2 hours ago, HeroesAndVillains said:

For the sake of moving the story along I just accept it now.

Same here. 

Also, if they fudge the rules of travelling over distance and time, for the sake of better show pacing, I'm all for it. 

I'd also expect more of it - next season is only 7 episodes, which means we are only going to get a hell of a lot more of it. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

I'd say Cersei had more to do with two of those kingdoms declaring for Dany than she or Varys did.

I agree, but ultimately I would have preferred if Cersei had simply turned off those 2 kingdoms from KL, left them to fiddle around not knowing what to do, and Dany taken a proactive approach in getting them on board with her.

I love the character, she's my favorite, but it's hard to keep being engaged by the character when she gets everything for free.  Free Dothraki, free Greyjoys...etc.  lol.

2 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

As I've said before, For the sake of narrative, I'm willing to assume that scenes are are sometimes shown out of sequence and that the 10 episodes don't take place over 10 consecutive days.

I agree, this was clarified several times, even GRRM on his books had to write a paragraph regarding timeline. Yet I honestly think the producers just got continuity wrong on this one and Varys wasn't meant to be on that scene, there was no need for that really other than a "dis is team Daenerys, yo" season finale perspective.

2 hours ago, chandl34 said:

There's that fire and blood speech everyone wanted.

Oh yes.

Archived