Oldtown and that library

Like the Library of Congress meets the Library at Alexandria in the biggest university in the world. With as fast as word gets around, how did nobody at the Citadel know the Old Bear was dead?

I also loved seeing the white ravens in the air as they're looking out across the city. That was a fun touch. 

1 minute ago, Shireen Purratheon said:

Like the Library of Congress meets the Library at Alexandria in the biggest university in the world. With as fast as word gets around, how did nobody at the Citadel know the Old Bear was dead?

I also loved seeing the white ravens in the air as they're looking out across the city. That was a fun touch. 

I thought it was hilarious that Olenna knew what Cersei did in this episode but the Citadel didn't know what happened in the North 2 years ago. I knew after seeing Horn Hill and how awesome it looked that Oldtown and Highgarden would look absolutely incredible. I was not disappointed that view was stunning.

36 minutes ago, DarkerStar said:

I thought it was hilarious that Olenna knew what Cersei did in this episode but the Citadel didn't know what happened in the North 2 years ago. I knew after seeing Horn Hill and how awesome it looked that Oldtown and Highgarden would look absolutely incredible. I was not disappointed that view was stunning.

Yea... :/ I was half expecting him to tell Sam that Jon Snow wasn't LC because he was dead. I'm just going to chalk it up to nobody from Castle Black thinking to send a raven (though little Lady Mormont knew...), and nobody else caring with all the shenanigans that have been going on in KL. 

44 minutes ago, DarkerStar said:

Highgarden? When?

49 minutes ago, DarkerStar said:

In a world where Varys can teleport where ever he wants in the blink of an eye, no one has any knowledge whatsoever of the many battles and changing of titles in Castle Black, it's mind boggling.

However yes, that library was amazing and I'm only sad I don't live in it. Hopefully Sam doesn't forget about Gilly and the baby.

55 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I loved the library and also the establishing shot of Oldtown with those hundreds of white ravens being sent out.

And Sam knew exactly what they meant, too; did you see his expression?

My only complaint is that those were crows whose cries we were hearing, not ravens!

Can they really believe we’re all so stupid as not to be able to tell the difference? ;)

3 minutes ago, The Great Udder said:

Glad someone noticed too.

Next question is, what could that possible mean or symbolize.

I haven't read the books, so I I was hoping one of the readers would have more insight. But I had to rewind and take a closer look. Nice that it is all coming together and Sam will be he one to put it all together for us all. The Citadel - where all information and history *should* be stored. However, the gatekeeper didn't know about LC Mormont or Maester Aemon and just crossed their names out rather than giving them an end date and entering new LC names and Maester names. Pretty odd if it intended to be the sacred place to learn the history of everything in GoT world. No one will ever know that anyone took over those two positions, so are we expected to believe the "watch ended" when those two names were crossed out? And the Crows were disbanded at that time, White Walkers are entering south, no reports to the Citadel about them (hello Sam and Gilley, wanna mention that first thing?). 

51 minutes ago, Weak With The Dawn said:

In a world where Varys can teleport where ever he wants in the blink of an eye, no one has any knowledge whatsoever of the many battles and changing of titles in Castle Black, it's mind boggling.

However yes, that library was amazing and I'm only sad I don't live in it. Hopefully Sam doesn't forget about Gilly and the baby.

Varys didn't teleport.  They're just having major time jumps between scenes, without a text explicitly stating the time jump.  I wish they didn't eschew the convention of having text on the screen stating "3 months later..."

Archived