Biggest shock of Ep. 610? I say it was Margaery. (spoilers)

8 minutes ago, Adam141414 said:

Cersei is recognized by one constitute of the seven Kingdoms - Kingdom of the Rock. She is no more a Queen than Renly was a king. 

I'll agree on the point that she has very little power. But currently the King in the North has no prospects in the South. And the only other person vying for the kingdom of Westeros still has never stepped foot there.. As of right now Cersie is the closest thing to a legitimate ruler in Westeros.

I thought Margaery and Loras were going to escape for a second, but the stupid sparrows had to stop them. While I wasn't quite expecting everyone to so neatly die in that explosion, I'd say the moment that got a shocked reaction from me was Tommen's suicide. I just really feel bad for him. Grew up being bullied by Joffrey, neglected by his father and with a really screwed up mother. Always being pulled this way and that, without ever really being able to find himself. I suppose that's part of my love for the book Tommen, but the show Tommen had his own set of issues. He wasn't a bad guy at all, it was just all too much for him to cope with.

Just now, Lord Lannister said:

I thought Margaery and Loras were going to escape for a second, but the stupid sparrows had to stop them. While I wasn't quite expecting everyone to so neatly die in that explosion, I'd say the moment that got a shocked reaction from me was Tommen's suicide. I just really feel bad for him. Grew up being bullied by Joffrey, neglected by his father and with a really screwed up mother. Always being pulled this way and that, without ever really being able to find himself. I suppose that's part of my love for the book Tommen, but the show Tommen had his own set of issues. He wasn't a bad guy at all, it was just all too much for him to cope with.

Speculation for book!Tommen's death must still be on right? He wouldn't throw himself out a window unless he was chasing his cats.

22 minutes ago, C.T. Phipps said:

Cersei controls the Riverlands as well.

Interesting, and you might be right...but maybe not.

Just how many Freys did Arya cross off???

I'm not even sure who's in charge of the Twins anymore, much less Riverrun, or where their loyalties might be now that Walder Frey and other senior members of the Frey family are gone.

Not saying you're wrong, though, just that I'm not sure it's clear.

If Edmure is back in his cell, wouldnt arya just free him now? She can basically be anyone apparently.  So no, Cersei would no longer have control of Riverrun.

Too many characters have plot armour now....arya is almost impossible to kill if she can just be anybody and somehow remove a face and apply another. Some of that stuff is a bit corny.

I was glad Marg didn't get out. It would have taken away from it all if there were loose ends that escaped.

Tommen's suicide was pretty suprising. I thought he'd get caught in the blaze tbh.

Super excited dirtbag Pycelle got it. He suprised me with his martial prowless with that spin kick on the kid. I wish there was more of an explanation why that guy was so spry given his age. I knew he waa covering his own ass by acting gimp but I wondered if there was more to him than that

Two biggest shocks for me = 

1) How much I, and the people watching, laughed hysterically when Tommen jumped. Don't think it was meant to be funny, but it was such a tense opening to an episode, and that happening just felt so... random, bizarre, and comedic. 

2) Getting choked up during the Tower of Joy reveal. I mean, this has been a fan theory for nearly 20 years, and we finally got it complete, and it was absolutely beautiful the way they handled it. 

I'd agree with Margaery dying.  Completely unexpected.  I mean you see it coming, but not until this episode.  Before the opening of this episode, I don't think she was on anyone's short list for upcoming deaths.  Once the ball starts to roll on the opening scene, it's clear she's going to die and it's just crazy

Tommen killing himself was unexpected but we've known he'd be dying because of the prophecy

4 minutes ago, of man and wolf said:

If Edmure is back in his cell, wouldnt arya just free him now? She can basically be anyone apparently.  So no, Cersei would no longer have control of Riverrun

Edmure is still a traitor to the Iron Throne, I suppose if they wanted to put House Tully back in charge they could grant the title to his son.

Archived