His name is.. (spoilers)

32 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Only because you don’t know what they mean and so why they are fitting, and because you don’t realize that they’re perfectly common not weird.

No, I know what they mean and that they're common, that doesn't stop me from thinking they're stupid names ala Twilight's Renesmee. There are far better sounding Targ names out there.

38 minutes ago, MagicClownfish said:

Sounds like three syllables ending in "ys" to me. She's definitely not saying "Jon", that's for sure.

It doesn’t sound like anything: they hid the name.

And there is no Jaehaerys in the show: they made Aerys’s father Aegon not Jaehaerys. Rhaegar’s grandfather was Aegon in the show.

7 minutes ago, tormund's beard said:

did hbo said it was jahaerys ? if so why the fuck they made lyanna mumble the name just to give it away 3 days later??? sometimes i just can't understand...

They didn't. Some Reddit user lip read the whisper and deduced it was Jahaerys.

Instantly made famous,  and even got a job offer from it

HBO didn't confirm it though 

1 hour ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

It doesn’t sound like anything: they hid the name.

And there is no Jaehaerys in the show: they made Aerys’s father Aegon not Jaehaerys. Rhaegar’s grandfather was Aegon in the show.

Perhaps that's the reason. So it would feel more "unique" and at same time to book readers the 2 previous Jahaerys's were known for being good kings with zero negative associations as with Aerys,  Viserys, Daemon, Maekar or  as over used as Aegon

Archived