His name is.. (spoilers)

5 minutes ago, Asvpxkvng said:

I can't see the point of them making it anyone but Jon. What's the point? Why did they do this?

The showrunners have been telegraphing it forever and a day though, like when Aemon and Sam were in the library at Castle Black and Aemon was despairing at a Targaryen, alone in the world, and in walks Jon. Absolutely deliberate. 

Then add this, the fade from baby to a man grown, it's not a misdirect. I suspect they're saving the name to when he gets legitimized, as in, it's made known to everyone-- not just Jon.  

I've watched that scene 10 times already , you can make out everything that is said except his name, it definitely starts with an A, I am leaning towards Aemon, and I also think he is legitimate, not a bastard.

Just watched it again.  First off, what a fucking scene...  Then the cut to Jon.  The musical score is just epic. Damn. There's never been a show  as gripping or captivating on television as GoT.  As we all see, the name definitely starts with an A. But her lips really look like she mouthed Aerys.  I sure hope not though. I'll take Aemon, Aejon, or even Aegon before Aerys. 

15 minutes ago, DJE said:

I've watched that scene 10 times already , you can make out everything that is said except his name, it definitely starts with an A, I am leaning towards Aemon, and I also think he is legitimate, not a bastard.

I also watched it a lot of times and I am still keeping seeing the firsts letters as EU not AE. I guess they did their job well to mess with US :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Marada78 said:

I also watched it a lot of times and I am still keeping seeing the firsts letters as EU not AE. I guess they did their job well to mess with US :ph34r:

Nah. The lips purse to enunciate Eu, but do just as hers did for Ae. 

I think it was "Aegon," but it really doesn't matter what it is if it isn't followed by "Targaryen." The look on Ned's face suggests that he just got some world-shattering news. Namely that he was going to be responsible for protecting and raising the legitimate heir to the Targaryen dynasty.

Also, I'm sure Bran heard, even if we didn't.

18 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Just watched it again.  First off, what a fucking scene...  Then the cut to Jon.  The musical score is just epic. Damn. There's never been a show  as gripping or captivating on television as GoT.  As we all see, the name definitely starts with an A. But her lips really look like she mouthed Aerys.  I sure hope not though. I'll take Aemon, Aejon, or even Aegon before Aerys. 

No Aerys or Aemon, but could be Aegon or Aejon

third character should be anything with mouth open

fourth character an o

You might have me there. I'm wracking my brain trying to put the timeline together. The Kingsguard at the ToJ mentioned their misery at not being at the Battle of the Trident so Rhaegar was already dead. But had the Lannisters moved on Kings Landing by or before Ned got the ToJ? I honestly have no idea

Although Ned knows the Ellias children are killed I'm sure Leanna does not .....she probably had the name picked already and it's probably not Aegon....

I wouldn't have believed Aerys, however I've just turned it up full blast and I'm thinking it could be Aerys. Maybe she didn't know what Aerys did to Brandon and Lord Rickard after she ran away with Rhaegar. She may have been kept completely in the dark of what was happening around Westeros. That way, it wouldn't be such an odd name to give him.

1 hour ago, JEORDHl said:

You might have me there. I'm wracking my brain trying to put the timeline together. The Kingsguard at the ToJ mentioned their misery at not being at the Battle of the Trident so Rhaegar was already dead. But had the Lannisters moved on Kings Landing by or before Ned got the ToJ? I honestly have no idea. 

1 hour ago, Sir Matthis Light said:

Same here lol. You might be right but if IIRC, After the battle on the Trident Robert was wounded after his duel with Rhaegar, so he sent Ned to ahead to King's Landing. Then got to KL but the Lannister beat him to it, Robert caught up and he was presented with the bodies of Elia and her children. Then Ned and Robert argue over if their deaths were right or wrong, Robert didn't care and Ned heads out in a blind rage to deal with Tyrells and find Lyanna.

Atleast thats wwhat I remember.

Ned gives the timeline to the KG when he shows up at the TOJ. After Rhaegar's death at the Trident he went to King's Landing, then he went to Storm's End to lift the siege and then he went to the TOJ. By the time he shows up and Jon (for lack of an audible name) was born Rhaegar, Elia, Aegon and Rhaenys were all long dead. 

It should be Aemon.  Aemon Targaryen.  I guess Howland Reed will appear next season and tell us.

It can't be Aegon because you can't give him the same name as his brother, even if his brother is dead.

Finally, calling him Aemon makes the scenes with Maester Aemon when Jon first went to the Wall so much more powerful.

Archived