Aejon Targaryen???

44 minutes ago, Dorian Martell said:

She whispered:  "Eh-Jon" 

this is good too... closer to what i meant perhaps

Eh-Zhn, frack i don't speak FRENCH that is the sound I want to make.... or Mandarin also

Eh-Shin but pronounced as Jacque Cousteau, Zsa Zsa Gábor

or Ay-Zsan

i won't sleep tonight now

1 hour ago, jandslegate said:

Exactly. I don't see Martin going to all this trouble about Jon's parentage just to put him right back in the bastard seats at court. I feel confident we'll find out they were married and I think that is probably the 'proof' waiting to be found in the crypt.

I think Westeros has gone beyond formalities like this.  "The mob" (regular people) proclaimed a bastard a King of the North.... and what happens when 2 high houses cohort and produce offspring?  It isn't the same as banging the tavern wench.  A Targaryen + Stark offfspring............... especially when NEITHER house is believed to legitimately exist anymore?  It's pretty powerful

20 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

I think Westeros has gone beyond formalities like this.  "The mob" (regular people) proclaimed a bastard a King of the North.... and what happens when 2 high houses cohort and produce offspring?  It isn't the same as banging the tavern wench.  A Targaryen + Stark offfspring............... especially when NEITHER house is believed to legitimately exist anymore?  It's pretty powerful

I get that. I just think, narratively, if they're going to do anything with Jon being the Son(g) of Ice and Fire, be it a claim to the throne, the 'chosen one' etc, then they're going to go all out and make it bulletproof - and will have to have some sort of proof. It's one thing for the reader/viewer to get the proof but there has to be something to prove it to the other characters. Otherwise, why should Dany accept the information, for example?  I mean, yes, the North is beyond the formalities now, clearly but the other Westerosi houses are pretty big sticklers for these formalities. However, what's really crucial, is Team Dany, her allies included. They've all thrown in with Fire and Blood. Jon and the new North poses a reasonable conundrum. Without some sort of tangible proof the possibility of the two sides clashing, arguably, makes sense. However, we have Theon who helped Sansa and Tyrion who had a few 'bro' moments with Jon early on in the story. Both possibly serve as bridges for the Starks and Dany. 

6 minutes ago, jandslegate said:

I get that. I just think, narratively, if they're going to do anything with Jon being the Son(g) of Ice and Fire, be it a claim to the throne, the 'chosen one' etc, then they're going to go all out and make it bulletproof - and will have to have some sort of proof. It's one thing for the reader/viewer to get the proof but there has to be something to prove it to the other characters. Otherwise, why should Dany accept the information, for example.  I mean, yes, the North is beyond the formalities now, clearly but the other Westerosi houses are pretty big sticklers for these formalities. However, what's really crucial is Team Dany, her allies included. They've all thrown in with Fire and Blood. Jon and the new North poses a reasonable conundrum. Without some sort of tangible proof the possibility of the two sides clashing, arguably, makes sense. However, we have Theon who helped Sansa and Tyrion who had a few 'bro' moments with Jon early on in the story. Both possibly serve as bridges for the Starks and Dany. 

I can see what you mean........... the revelation that Jon is Dany's nephew will have strong dynamic.  I would be shocked if VARYS doesn't already know this!  I can see where it becomes know to Dany and Varys is like "my queen, it is true. I could not expect you to believe me until you knew for yourself".  I think LF knows it also but HE doesn't WANT it come out! 

Things have changed for me now that it's revealed what LF wants.  To let slip Jon is maybe the most powerful "name" in Westeros PLUS now a chosen Lord Commander of the people, he will never get near the throne in that situation.

Just now, Iron Mother said:

I can see what you mean........... the revelation that Jon is Dany's nephew will have strong dynamic.  I would be shocked if VARYS doesn't already know this!  I can see where it becomes know to Dany and Varys is like "my queen, it is true. I could not expect you to believe me until you knew for yourself".  I think LF knows it also but HE doesn't WANT it come out! 

Things have changed for me now that it's revealed what LF wants.  To let slip Jon is maybe the most powerful "name" in Westeros PLUS now a chosen Lord Commander of the people, he will never get near the throne in that situation.

Yeah and to be honest, I personally would prefer there isn't a drawn out conflict between Jon and Dany. I just want them to get to fighting Ice monsters. Littlefinger has me leery too. I'm just tired of his 'long-game' schemes. I get that there needs to be some drama but I just don't want it taking up a ton of the precious few episodes left. It would be my ideal conclusion for LF to see him executed in the Godswood for his part in Ned's betrayal. I'm hoping the Hound makes it to them and just straight up narcs him out. 

2 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

Aejon would be tacky as all hell.

2 hours ago, Sir Matthis Light said:

Please don't make this into a thing. Aejon just sounds horrible.

Thank god it's not just me. The ugliest damn name.

Wait wait wait wait wait oh my god oh my god oh my god guys I just figured out what she said with that A sound. "His name is....Azor Ahai" LolB)

It would be cool if Jon was named after Jaehaerys the conciliator, the masterful ruler which this essay details. (basically, Jaehaerys disarmed the faith, built the roads like the kingsroad, legitimized the night's watch, and brought 40 years of peace and unification to Westeros after inheriting at the age of 15 a realm falling apart by the mismanagement of Maegor the Cruel)

https://warsandpoliticsoficeandfire.wordpress.com/2014/06/25/the-genius-of-the-old-king-an-examination-of-jaehaerys-i/

Jon's song is the union, the conciliation, of ice and fire. While I don't think this is truly his name, it would be cool.

59 minutes ago, Asvpxkvng said:

Thank god it's not just me. The ugliest damn name.

come on now.... we went through phonetic pronunciations of many variations............................ there are some good possibilities.

Aszahn, it's a bit exotic.  I'm getting angry they left THAT in a secret for next season...... it's not even that important.  I have to think what would cause Ned to shorten it to plain "Jon".

(phonetic) "Aszahn" = A-Jon.  Say the first one with a French accent and the second one in English.  Like how they pronounce Jean of Arc.  I can't communicate the sound of that..... English would say "Jeen" of Arc. 

https://translate.google.com/?hl=en&q=ple#es/fr/y jean

click the LISTEN button to hear it spoken aloud

Aszahn Targaryen.  For sure I think it means they were married.  From every clue of Lyanna, she would have named him after a Stark kin if it was just an affair.  Sansa married Tyrion in light of the 7.... and Ramsey under the Godswood.  This would have been the same thing.  Lyanna is of the North, they would have been married at a Godswood.  Even if Rhaegar was married to Elia Martell in the 7.

18 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

come on now.... we went through phonetic pronunciations of many variations............................ there are some good possibilities.

Aszahn, it's a bit exotic.  I'm getting angry they left THAT in a secret for next season...... it's not even that important.  I have to think what would cause Ned to shorten it to plain "Jon".

(phonetic) "Aszahn" = A-Jon.  Say the first one with a French accent and the second one in English.  Like how they pronounce Jean of Arc.  I can't communicate the sound of that..... English would say "Jeen" of Arc. 

https://translate.google.com/?hl=en&q=ple#es/fr/y jean

click the LISTEN button to hear it spoken aloud

Aszahn Targaryen.  For sure I think it means they were married.  From every clue of Lyanna, she would have named him after a Stark kin if it was just an affair.  Sansa married Tyrion in light of the 7.... and Ramsey under the Godswood.  This would have been the same thing.  Lyanna is of the North, they would have been married at a Godswood.  Even if Rhaegar was married to Elia Martell in the 7.

Ok ok that's all fine and kinda sounds nice but we're talking about Aejon pronounced how it looks. You gotta admit that just ain't right. Imagine the coronation ceremony....ugh oh god I can't even.

Just now, Asvpxkvng said:

Ok ok that's all fine and kinda sounds nice but we're talking about Aejon pronounced how it looks. You gotta admit that just ain't right. Imagine the coronation ceremony....ugh oh god I can't even.

this is all becoming so stupid...... as if at any point Jon will transform into some traditional house Targaryen name and go swaggering about as someone he never was before.  I keep seeing him in some red cloth cloak and sitting on a gold throne and commanding his bodyservants.  It won't happen.  He won't I think ever abandon Jon Snow as his identity.   Not even for STARK

47 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

this is all becoming so stupid...... as if at any point Jon will transform into some traditional house Targaryen name and go swaggering about as someone he never was before.  I keep seeing him in some red cloth cloak and sitting on a gold throne and commanding his bodyservants.  It won't happen.  He won't I think ever abandon Jon Snow as his identity.   Not even for STARK

No one's saying that. Where did you get to that conclusion? I just don't like the sound of Aejon.

Archived