Arya and Edmure

So during Arya's Rat Cook impersonation, she killed 3 Freys. There are millions of Freys at the Riverlands currently, what with the celebration and all, so I'm guessing that one of them is going to take Walder's place, and that the anger for the deaths could possibly be taken out on Edmure.

I'm assuming that Arya knows her uncle is a prisoner, she was at the feast, wasn't she? I'm sure she heard someone mention it.

It's not like they were close or anything, but that is her uncle, the last of her mother's side as far as she knows. Hopefully she didn't leave him for dead when she made her escape. Or maybe she didn't escape, and she plans on slaughtering them all while undercover. Regardless, Edmure needs to get out of there, Arya should know this. Trying to help him would show us that she's not a complete psychopath that only cares about revenge and that there's still some humanity left in her, that she's violent in the first place because of her love for her family.

As you can probably guess, I'm not okay with the pie thing, it was too extreme for Arya. But that's off topic.

But anyway. So is Arya going to save her Uncle Edmure or nah?

I thought the same, but then I remember Edmure has a wife and son now. Its possible next season start out with Arya letting Edmure out she, but I don't think Edmure would leave his wife and son alone at the Twins, especially after Black Walder,Lothar, and Walder Freys murder.

If enough of the male children are taken out, it may end up that Roslin is the heir to the Frey lands and consequently her husband will become Lord of the Twins. In other words, Edmure could end up holding both Riverrun and The Twins, lol. That would be ironic.

3 minutes ago, Sir Matthis Light said:

I thought the same, but then I remember Edmure has a wife and son now. Its possible next season start out with Arya letting Edmure out she, but I don't think Edmure would leave his wife and son alone at the Twins, especially after Black Walder,Lothar, and Walder Freys murder.

You're right. It would be interesting to see if Arya would help them, or be biased against them because they're Freys.

1 minute ago, Raksha 2014 said:

Lord Walder made no mention of a son.  I'm wondering if there might be no child, after all.  Which would mean that if Edmure were to die, Sansa or Bran could claim Riverrun.

But Jaime said that there was. He could be lying, but he used Edmure's son as a bargaining chip. If it were a lie, eventually Edmure would have found out. Walder probably didn't mention the boy because there was really no reason to. I also recall Roslin having his baby in the books as well.

5 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

Arya and Edmure heading up the latest manifestation of the Tully resistance would keep the Riverlands relevant. And make Jon face the same decision Robb had to. Go South to save the Riverlands or stay in the North.

Jon could possibly reunite with Arya ... but really I doubt the Riverlands would need to be saved. With King's Landing in chaos, who is there to help the Freys? It's possible that Arya and Edmure could take care of this on their own, if they're clever enough.

Just now, SeventhReign said:

Jon could possibly reunite with Arya ... but really I doubt the Riverlands would need to be saved. With King's Landing in chaos, who is there to help the Freys? It's possible that Arya and Edmure could take care of this on their own, if they're clever enough.

Well Cersei pretty much just eliminated every enemy in King's Landing she had with one blow. Save perhaps her brother but that's another discussion entirely. As to Arya, I'm looking forward to her reuniting with the Hound. They're both basically in the same area now. I doubt they'd reintroduce him, the Brotherhood, Edmure and bring Arya to the area if they didn't intend for them to stir the pot up as it were, so I think you're right there.

3 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

Well Cersei pretty much just eliminated every enemy in King's Landing she had with one blow. Save perhaps her brother but that's another discussion entirely. As to Arya, I'm looking forward to her reuniting with the Hound. They're both basically in the same area now. I doubt they'd reintroduce him, the Brotherhood, Edmure and bring Arya to the area if they didn't intend for them to stir the pot up as it were, so I think you're right there.

I'm assuming that Cersei will have to face rebels or something next season. It makes zero sense for her to pull a medieval 9/11, killing hundreds of civilians, as well as destroy their version of the Vatican, and just get away with it. Plus, the Tyrells, the Dornish, and Dany are coming for her. She may be too preoccupied to help the Freys.

The Brotherhood and the Hound, yeah. I forgot they were in the same area. They could also help bring Riverrun back into Tully hands.

4 minutes ago, SeventhReign said:

I'm assuming that Cersei will have to face rebels or something next season. It makes zero sense for her to pull a medieval 9/11, killing hundreds of civilians, as well as destroy their version of the Vatican, and just get away with it. Plus, the Tyrells, the Dornish, and Dany are coming for her. She may be too preoccupied to help the Freys.

The Brotherhood and the Hound, yeah. I forgot they were in the same area. They could also help bring Riverrun back into Tully hands.

Or something. She basically did everything that Jaime killed the Mad King for this episode. Put their last child's death on top of that. The only thing I could see staying his hand if their little brother, a large army and the dragon queen and her children show up. There's a family reunion I'd look forward to seeing.

4 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

Or something. She basically did everything that Jaime killed the Mad King for this episode. Put their last child's death on top of that. The only thing I could see staying his hand if their little brother, a large army and the dragon queen and her children show up. There's a family reunion I'd look forward to seeing.

I was actually hoping he would kill her this episode. But no. Alas. Maybe next season she'll try to burn the entire city, like Aerys, and that will make him kill her.

Back on topic though, I do think it would be interesting if Ayra and Edmure team up, mainly because I'd love to see his reaction to Arya's murderous ways. I'm sure it'd be horrifying to see Cat's daughter like that.

1 minute ago, SeventhReign said:

I was actually hoping he would kill her this episode. But no. Alas.

Back on topic though, I do think it would be interesting if Ayra and Edmure team up, mainly because I'd love to see his reaction to Arya's murderous ways. I'm sure it'd be horrifying to see Cat's daughter like that.

Sorry for the derail, conversations do that sometimes. :P

Edmure's had a rough road. Even if the notion of his baby being launched into Riverrun with a catapult was what seemed to break him I think he'd largely been numbed to horrible things happening to or around him. I was a little disturbed myself that Arya cheerfully served human remains even to someone as scumy as Walder Frey. It's hard to cheer for the protagonists when they start one-upping the villains with horrible ways to kill people as we've seen from the Stark girls this season. So Edmure would have every right to be horrified to learn that his own niece served Walder Frey's sons to him on a plate quite literally.

1 minute ago, Lord Lannister said:

Sorry for the derail, conversations do that sometimes. :P

Edmure's had a rough road. Even if the notion of his baby being launched into Riverrun with a catapult was what seemed to break him I think he'd largely been numbed to horrible things happening to or around him. I was a little disturbed myself that Arya cheerfully served human remains even to someone as scumy as Walder Frey. It's hard to cheer for the protagonists when they start one-upping the villains with horrible ways to kill people as we've seen from the Stark girls this season. So Edmure would have every right to be horrified to learn that his own niece served Walder Frey's sons to him on a plate quite literally.

I know I said this in the OP, but the pies were just too much. First it makes no sense. There's no way she would have been able to chop them up and cook them. How did the staff not see this? When did she learn how to cook?

But most importantly, it's just too psycho for her. If Edmure finds that out, or Jon, or anyone of her family, I don't know what they'd do.

I most certainly didn't cheer for her, and I adore Arya. I was horrified. And Maisie Williams' expression when she held his head while he bled out ... Seven hells. I really don't like where they're taking her character. She's dark, yeah, but this is too crazy.

1 hour ago, Raksha 2014 said:

Lord Walder made no mention of a son.  I'm wondering if there might be no child, after all.  Which would mean that if Edmure were to die, Sansa or Bran could claim Riverrun.

No he didn't, but Jamie mentions him when he threatens to catapult him into Riverrun if Edmure didn't convince the Blackfish to surrender.

1 hour ago, Lyin' Ned said:

Show Edmure is a dick, he should've gone into the pie too as far as I'm concerned. 

Why is he a dick? Cause he chose to make sure his son, who he never met I might add, was safe :huh:?

1 hour ago, Lord Lannister said:

Cersei killed all her enemy's in KL( Even cause the death of her last child ) but shes to stupid to realize she has wayyy more powerful enemy's on the horizon and wayyy less allys. I can't wait till her "Rein" comes crashing down lmao.

17 minutes ago, Sir Matthis Light said:

Why is he a dick? Cause he chose to make sure his son, who he never met I might add, was safe :huh:?

I'm guessing because he didn't help Blackfish, when in the books he let him escape? Idk. It's not like Blackfish was trying to save his life either.

17 minutes ago, SeventhReign said:

I'm guessing because he didn't help Blackfish, when in the books he let him escape? Idk. It's not like Blackfish was trying to save his life either.

Must be but the Blackfish had an opportunity to escape with Brienne and he choose to stay and die, and not fight another day. No one should blame Edmure for the Blackfish death.

2 hours ago, Sir Matthis Light said:

Must be but the Blackfish had an opportunity to escape with Brienne and he choose to stay and die, and not fight another day. No one should blame Edmure for the Blackfish death.

I agree. Though Edmure did call for him to be captured in the first place right? But again, Blackfish let the Freys keep him, so ...

Yeah I'm not sure why that user think he's a dick. Lol.

17 minutes ago, SeventhReign said:

I agree. Though Edmure did call for him to be captured in the first place right? But again, Blackfish let the Freys keep him, so ...

Yeah I'm not sure why that user think he's a dick. Lol.

Both were dicks to each other but Edmure going out of his way to do Jaime's job for him and going that extra mile to make sure the Blackfish was captured was just bizarre. 

Just now, Lyin' Ned said:

Both were dicks to each other but Edmure going out of his way to do Jaime's job for him and going that extra mile to make sure the Blackfish was captured was just bizarre. 

Yeah I didn't really like that either. I guess he was doing whatever he could to make sure his son was safe?

Archived