Dothrakis in Westeros

I have to think im not the only one who is worried about this. All this fuzz about the wildlings south of the wall... what about a horde of dothrakis in westeros? War, pillage and rape is their way of living, how is that gonna go in westeros? Also, they sell people into slavery, which is all that danny has been fighting against lately (and is also forbidden in westeros). They dont even speak thw common tongue. It sounds stupid to me to take them there.

Any chance this is going to unfold differently in the book? I'd like to hear thoughts on that.

22 minutes ago, Sand Snakes said:

I have to think im not the only one who is worried about this. All this fuzz about the wildlings south of the wall... what about a horde of dothrakis in westeros? War, pillage and rape is their way of living, how is that gonna go in westeros? Also, they sell people into slavery, which is all that danny has been fighting against lately (and is also forbidden in westeros). They dont even speak thw common tongue. It sounds stupid to me to take them there.

Any chance this is going to unfold differently in the book? I'd like to hear thoughts on that.

The dothrakis will blindly follow Dany, and if she banned the Greyjoys of raping and raving, so did she with the Dothraki.

My question is who will she even unleash them upon?  Are they a force to be wiped out by wildfire or by ice zombies?  It's winter now, they don't wear much clothing, and they aren't exactly used to the bitter cold winds.

Plus you know they put all their horses on the ships too...I doubt they had room for thousands of horses.  LOL.

5 hours ago, Zombies That Were Promised said:

My question is who will she even unleash them upon?  Are they a force to be wiped out by wildfire or by ice zombies?  It's winter now, they don't wear much clothing, and they aren't exactly used to the bitter cold winds.

Plus you know they put all their horses on the ships too...I doubt they had room for thousands of horses.  LOL.

Combination of going out against the Lannisters, the wights and White Walkers, and just plain, old-fashioned, freezing to death by the cold and snows of a long winter.

If I might be so bold as to suggest a historical comparison, one might think of what happened to the Goths and Germans who forced their way into the Roman Empire in the years before Attila rolled in. They fought a lot, died a lot, and got Romanised. It may be that the surviving Dothraki simply semi-integrate. Hell, maybe they will end up as the new Night's Watch at the end.

Yes, the only thing that might keep the Dothraki in line is the threat of dragons, and seeing Dany as a demigod after walking through fire. But it is quite insane, to claim to liberate Westeros and then let loose the worst people in the entire known world on her homeland. The Dothraki might be cool to look at, but for thousands of years their entire life has been massacres, rape and banditry. Ironborn have also raided, but have ALSO been fishermen and farmers the whole time. It is clear from the books and series the Dothraki do nothing productive.

Once they are let loose on Westeros, after fighting through rivers of blood, how is Dany going to keep them from committing mass rape and murder? They will forget the dragons in the heat of the moment. And we don't even know if Dany has forbidden them from doing things their usual way. Some liberator.

Dothraki on the show obey Dany completely.  So rape and pillaging won't be a problem.  Just another thing D&D gloss over.   

Bookwise....Dothraki are nothing without their horses and Westeros is about to be blanketed in snow.  Their horses will die like flies, then they'll just be unarmored men on foot.  They aren't gonna be very useful in the Long Night either since horses (and other animals) go apeshit around wights.

The Dothraki who sail with Dany are going to their doom imo.  Those who survive (if any) will have to adapt drastically to carve out a niche for themselves in Westeros, the nomad thing just isn't gonna work there.   

Dothraki will be ineffectual in Westeros, especially during the winter. They are mounted warriors and 50k horses will all die in the harsh Westeros winter. They don't wear any armor and have never been in a cold climate of Westeros. Many will fall to illness. The ones who live will have very little time to adapt to fighting armored opponents while being on foot. There's just no comparing an armored opponent to an unarmored one. And even if somehow they could feed horses, they would freeze to death as they wouldn't be able to properly care for them in the winter in a hostile territory. And even if they could you can't mount a proper cavalry attack in deep show and ice. Also Dany's bringing warriors and people across the sea. And the food stores have already been strained during the War of the Five Kings. There's nothing to feed an additional army of at least 70k people plus all the civilians. In my opinion the Dothraki will have their numbers at least halved before there's any fighting. The whole thing is a logistical nightmare and there's no way Dany's prepared properly (from what we've been shown and from time constraints). In short the Dothraki are doomed to fail in Westeros, and especially in the North (not to mention they can't cross the Neck).

I hope the dothrakis rebel against her and kill her. Im sick and tired of her. I mean she has dragons, she has a large army,she has ships,she has Varys and Tyrion, she has the support of the Tyrels AND the Martells . She is completely overpowered and she doesnt deserve it, everything just comes to her even though she acts recklesly.Sometimes i think of her like combination of a Disney princess and a spoiled brat.She fucks up royaly and then oh my god sudenly magicaly they give her more power and everything goes well .OP as fuck and that is tiring.I mean what is she going to do next? Fly to the moon,fuck all the men in KL and give birth to 100 dragons,kill Hitler,resurect Ramsay and Jofrey making them the most lovable people in Westeros because before they were just misunderstood,overtake Hogwards,make Voldermort and Darth Vaderher her little bitches ,go over to Middle Earth show them how its done,cure cancer.Whats next for Daenerys Targarien ?  Game of thrones seaon 7

I'm not saying there isn't a logistical nightmare but the fact that the Dornish do just fine in the winter (they would be the closest group of Westerosis to compare the Dothraki too) and the fact that it is implied that Dany is landing in Dorne, I don't see them just dying in massive amounts. She left Daario in Meereen, so the idea of leaving some of her allies (Dotrhaki) in Dorne or in the southern parts of Westeros in order to avoid them dying by the cold isn't that far fetched, especially with Dorne and Tyrells as her allies now (ie two of the largest armies in Westeros at this point). Also, the Dotrhaki manage to cross the Narrow sea, so I don't see how they couldn't somewhat adapt to the cold.

I agree with what's been said about the Dothraki blindly following Dany without hesitation or disobedience(In the show at least).......But I just wanted to derail this topic completely by asking if anyone else read the title of this thread to the tune of 'cheeseburger in paradise'.......No? I'm insane? Cool.

DOTHRAKIS IN WESTEROS!

12 hours ago, Sand Snakes said:

the dothraki, like other characters, are one dimensional and live only to serve dany, have no history, no customs, no pride, no honor....they are essentially just robots that dany can control.

5 hours ago, typhoid fever said:

I hope the dothrakis rebel against her and kill her. Im sick and tired of her. I mean she has dragons, she has a large army,she has ships,she has Varys and Tyrion, she has the support of the Tyrels AND the Martells . She is completely overpowered and she doesnt deserve it, everything just comes to her even though she acts recklesly.Sometimes i think of her like combination of a Disney princess and a spoiled brat.She fucks up royaly and then oh my god sudenly magicaly they give her more power and everything goes well .OP as fuck and that is tiring.I mean what is she going to do next? Fly to the moon,fuck all the men in KL and give birth to 100 dragons,kill Hitler,resurect Ramsay and Jofrey making them the most lovable people in Westeros because before they were just misunderstood,overtake Hogwards,make Voldermort and Darth Vaderher her little bitches ,go over to Middle Earth show them how its done,cure cancer.Whats next for Daenerys Targarien ?  Game of thrones seaon 7

TBF she's starting to make intelligent decisions. Maybe the other characters should have found some eggs if they wanted to be OP ;)

Agree with most of you. Dothrakis probably do some raping and pillaging regardless of what she says, then get wrecked by the winter and the remnant integrate.

2 minutes ago, Destiny's Warrior said:

Well she did encourage the "pulling down of stone houses" to them. I can't imagine that going down well if she's wanting to rule Westeros. 

imo the bravado of a girl, not the will of a queen. Easy to say as conqueror, but a future ruler would feel differently, especially one with Tyrion's advice.

Archived