There were other survivors of ToJ!

Also noticed a couple of shots that were over-the-shoulder, with ned and lyanna focussed and one of the maids in the foreground - that usually represents some form of importance of perspective etc. Interesting!

2 minutes ago, Krakenface said:

Also noticed a couple of shots that were over-the-shoulder, with ned and lyanna focussed and one of the maids in the foreground - that usually represents some form of importance of perspective etc. Interesting!

Maybe they were focusing on Howland.

2 hours ago, Arya_Stormborn said:

One of them was probably Wylla, the woman who ended up being Jon's wet nurse and who Ned says is Jon's mother. (That's the answer he gives Robert Baratheon way back in Season 1, anyway.)

That was my thought too.  To take a baby that far would obviously have to have a wet nurse.  Will be interesting to see if one of the spymasters (LF or Varys) uses one of those mid-wives or whatever they were to try and corroborate Jon being Lyanna and Rhaegar's son.  I would think for people (especially those in the south) to buy it, it would almost have to come from Varys.  If LF tried to prove it for some reason, now being tied so closely to the Starks and the North, people may just pass it off since no one really trusts LF anyway.

42 minutes ago, Marco van Panter said:

Ashara Dayne maybe?

Maybe! I am hoping we are not done with these flashbacks and that we will go to Starfall next season though. They certainly made it obvious there was another person there, and I think that's going to end up mattering. 

7 minutes ago, Marco van Panter said:

Do that. Always great to see people interested in constructor discussions ...

You were serious:huh:? I honestly assumed you were making a quick joke about the Ashara theory.

Sorry if your feeling got hurt, sincerely.

I don't believe her to be Ashara as she really just looks like some peasant girl, and I doubt Ahsara even exist in the show.

I was about to make a post about this, but thought to look if anyone else had yet, and here it is.

I know the show probably won't address these details, but I also wonder how these handmaidens/wet nurses were made to be kept quiet about the truth. Money? Loyalty to Targaryens (protecting the true heir to the throne from being murdered by Robert)? I certainly do not believe the Ned we all know and love would have killed those women to keep silence them. No way. We already know that is not Ned's style. But I am curious. 

18 minutes ago, jbob said:

Howland Reed will appear next season, I'm calling it. Bran will tell Meera and either she or both will fetch Howland. That will be their main story for that season.

oh? next season they are going to introduce the idea of "story"  cool :) 

A woman  who is a wet nurse must  have had a baby herself most recently, otherwise she would not have any milk. So there would have to be a second small child somewhere around.

Nobility often allowed the biological child of the wet nurse to starve and suffer in favor of the "valuable" child though let's assume Ned is the good guy and would not do that. 

So if one of the women is going to be Jon's wet nurse - where is the second infant and what is his or her name?

2 minutes ago, Woman of War said:

A woman  who is a wet nurse must  have had a baby herself most recently, otherwise she would not have any milk. So there would have to be a second small child somewhere around.

Nobility often allowed the biological child of the wet nurse to starve and suffer in favor of the "valuable" child though let's assume Ned is the good guy and would not do that. 

So if one of the women is going to be Jon's wet nurse - where is the second infant and what is his or her name?

He is Edric Dayne, (also known as Ned) of House Dayne. 

Archived