Pycelle - why murder him separately?

59 minutes ago, Lady Barbrey said:

I might have to rewatch because maybe I missed something?  Why was Pycelle murdered?  Varys in the books had a reason for killing Kevan and Pycelle.  Why would Cersei/Qyburn murder him separately from everyone else?  

Qyburn had a grudge with him, that's why, wanted it to be more personal.

17 minutes ago, ShadowKitteh said:

Because that actor, Julian Glover, who has been damned near everything, has been in the show since the beginning, and he's getting a good death.

And because it's awesome that it was specifically Cersei who had him killed - odd that he wasn't at the trial.

He wasn't at the trial as he was getting jiggy widdit

I think it was a show thing to offset the scenes with Loris who was confessing everything (despite not being that bad a person) and being punished to showing a grand mester with no morals and no shame, get his just rewards. I was glad. I hated what he did to Tyrion

2 hours ago, Lady Barbrey said:

I might have to rewatch because maybe I missed something?  Why was Pycelle murdered?  Varys in the books had a reason for killing Kevan and Pycelle.  Why would Cersei/Qyburn murder him separately from everyone else?  

I know right?  I mean, wasn't he on the way to the Sept anyway?

Why was Pycelle murdered?

- He knew waaaaaaay to much, and people often gets struck with sudden conscience in their older days. He might have talked to the wrong people.

- Cercei needed a maester who would support her claim to the throne, and Qyburn has shown to completely lack any conscience.

- Qyburn did not like him, not one bit.

Likely more reasons.

2 hours ago, Lady Barbrey said:

Because he was one of the people obstructing her quest for power.

I don't recall where Kevan was, probably he was in the Sept as well. Varys killed Kevan and Pycelle in the book since they were stabilizing the kingdom, which he didn't want to happen. He wanted Cersei to be running things, because she would screw up and that would make it easier to invade with Aegon. In the TV series, Cersei would have killed them for much the same reason, so that she could be running things unimpeded.

8 minutes ago, tugela said:

Because he was one of the people obstructing her quest for power.

I don't recall where Kevan was, probably he was in the Sept as well. Varys killed Kevan and Pycelle in the book since they were stabilizing the kingdom, which he didn't want to happen. He wanted Cersei to be running things, because she would screw up and that would make it easier to invade with Aegon. In the TV series, Cersei would have killed them for much the same reason, so that she could be running things unimpeded.

Yeah Kevan was shown to be in the Sept.

3 hours ago, Lady Barbrey said:

He was not showing up in the sept. I am not sure, but maybe he wasn't even expected there. That is why he was killed "seperately". Why he was killed in the first place is easy to figure out. Cersai hated him since season 1.

Archived