Pycelle - why murder him separately?

4 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

I actually don't mind that some time was spent on Lancel in the dungeon. If we overlook the certain "isn't it weird how he got there?", I think it was a nice think to...um... explain the explosion. Because if there wasn't Lancel who saw  the candles in the wildfire, there would be just an explosion and everybody would be like "Who? How? Where? When? What?". So it's fine by me. I just came to another "problem" though. They were lucky as hell that the candles burned the way they did because whenever I light a candle and let it burn as long as it can, the fire always eventually drowns in the wax. So... lucky you, Cersei!

Yeah, westerosi candle quality control is pretty legit.

i don't mind having Lancel under there either to five us the explaination and give a character like Lancel a bit more of a death than just standing around when the set blew up. I just feel it was clumsy and careless. Like they knew what they wanted and just forced it in rather than building an organic story

They should of had Tommen kill himself with Essence of Nightshade from season 2 (10 drops?). They could of found him dead with it in his hand. Cersei would have known he'd gotten it from Pycelle, and because it would of happened after BaelorBomb It would have been the perfect reason for Cersei to have him killed-separately and in the same violent way.

Archived