Olenna and the Sand Snakes

2 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

But but but... you have to respect the depth of a storyline about a group of women who are so determined to get revenge on the Lannisters for killing Martells that they... kill all the remaining Martells. :P

I wouldn't be surprised if Olenna tells them that next season, along with a stinger about bad pussy. 

2 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

But but but... you have to respect the depth of a storyline about a group of women who are so determined to get revenge on the Lannisters for killing Martells that they... kill all the remaining Martells. :P

The horror that called Dorne written by Dump and Dumper.... Sigh...

2 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

Haha, lets see how long they will last when war breaks out...

Seeing how the Dorne story progressed to Varys showing up and them declaring for Dany, it seems like the entire Dorne plotline was a complete waste, as Doran could have just as easily done that.  It would have been better to have him arrest Jaime as soon as he got to Dorne, showing him to be a smart guy kinda like how he discovered Ariannes plot and arrested them, he could even use the same line "someone talked, someone always talks."  ANND we could've gotten a Hotah vs Bronn match!!!

I wonder why they went with Ellaria and the Sand Snakes over Doran, Trystane and Hotah. They can't like Indira Varma that much? I mean she had two scenes this season. If the whole purpose of Dorne is to just declare for Daenerys via Varys, they could've just as easily had Doran execute Ellaria and the Snakes in S06E01 for Myrcella's murder. Hell, they could've even kept Trystane's death, giving Doran addition motivation to execute them (though I'd rather he was sent back to Dorne by Jaime or got executed or killed in an "accident" by Cersei as revenge). Then just keep the same thing as happened later. Varys arrives, Doran invites Olenna, he gets to keep his book line and problem solved. It would remove the huge leap in logic and suspension of disbelief of how exactly Ellaria's coup worked.

20 minutes ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

Seeing how the Dorne story progressed to Varys showing up and them declaring for Dany, it seems like the entire Dorne plotline was a complete waste, as Doran could have just as easily done that.  It would have been better to have him arrest Jaime as soon as he got to Dorne, showing him to be a smart guy kinda like how he discovered Ariannes plot and arrested them, he could even use the same line "someone talked, someone always talks."  ANND we could've gotten a Hotah vs Bronn match!!!

Yeah, I agree. I really don't understand why they killed off Doran. Even in the book he was always planning on doublecrossing the IT and declare for a Targaryen. 

1 hour ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

53 minutes ago, Lautrec said:

I wonder why they went with Ellaria and the Sand Snakes over Doran, Trystane and Hotah. They can't like Indira Varma that much? I mean she had two scenes this season. If the whole purpose of Dorne is to just declare for Daenerys via Varys, they could've just as easily had Doran execute Ellaria and the Snakes in S06E01 for Myrcella's murder. Hell, they could've even kept Trystane's death, giving Doran addition motivation to execute them (though I'd rather he was sent back to Dorne by Jaime or got executed or killed in an "accident" by Cersei as revenge). Then just keep the same thing as happened later. Varys arrives, Doran invites Olenna, he gets to keep his book line and problem solved. It would remove the huge leap in logic and suspension of disbelief of how exactly Ellaria's coup worked.

I was wondering this too.  Seems to me they didn't need to deviate so far from the books and have the really lame killing of Doran and Aero Hotah.  A lot of great dialogue from Doran they could have used too,  That would have been the real twist.

I'm think the changes had to do with the "women doing it for themselves" theme they embraced this season. They'd already gone so far astray in season 5 the best they could do was bring their Queen of Thorns A-game to make Dorne better.

1 hour ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

True, very true, D&D shouldn't have played with Dorne they way they did. They went for the malevolent female genitalia punchline that either probably had since their early days as writers and finally managed to find a scene that would fit. Thanks to Lady Olenna though as the snakes were talking too much.

Wasn't there a scene to the effect of: Olenna and Littlefinger will forever be allies? Does that mean the north and the vale will ally with the tyrells and dorne? Who are already allying with dany? So the big invasion of the 7 kingdoms will just be cersei getting stomped at king's landing pretty much.

At least with Doran you would have the QoT sitting down and talking to someone who seemed to be her intellectual equal. That scene was a political master educating dunces. I couldn't even enjoy Olenna's barbs much because of all the stupid sitting around her.

2 hours ago, schweiny91 said:

They either got tired of the "GoT hates women" criticism or they actually are trying to go this feminism route which if it does will make me stop watching

True...

I probably think HBO forced them to do this. Since the loud "feminists" especially all women websites like fucking Huffington post went on and on with stupid threats to HBO..

Probably scared of losing their women subscribers, they asked D&D to go full "girl power"

God... :(

No one has a problem with women in power if they slowly make it there. Cercei is a very very good example. So was Sansa.

But Dorne....good lord..Dorne..

I cannot understand how they could do that? Bastards killing more Martells and actually ruling!!  Its sad..

Even my unsullied friends who watched this asked me.. I was like, I am so sorry.. Doran is alive in the books and he gives that speech..

Fuck you HBO, fuck you D&D, Fuck your unwanted "Girl power"

Archived