Not Confirmed

First off I ABSOLUTELY want the theory to be true. But I think there is some merit to the point brought up in his post (swear to god that baby was blonde! I thought I was hallucinating). The baby should have just had regular black hair. As if a black haired baby was out of casting reach I mean come on. And the deliberate removal of the name. Now I AM NOT saying it's not Jon but there's definitely something going on here and we should try to rationally discuss what it could possibly be that D&D are trying to pull.

What i love is how lyanna's words on robert are law, he would not keep to one bed bla bla he will kill him bla bla (she knows him better than his mother it seems)... then proceeds to get her father and brother killed and get in the sack with a married father of 2... Congrats to Ned also, naming rhaegar's son after jon arryn is another slap to Bob like a champ, name him gilbert or cregan or ben, but jon?? Really?? the connection between him and bob?? shoryuken at it's finest

5 hours ago, Banner Without Brothers said:

That baby is so blonde I think it would be more accurate to call it silver.

Do you know that the hair color can change? And baby Jon has almost no hair.

4 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

It feels like you dont even believe the stuff you wrote.

True.

8 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

then tell me, what the two rhaegar bodyguards are doing outside the TOJ? watching birds and butterflies? man, use logic, it's simple logic

Well one of those was Arthur Dayne, the possible father of that baby.

@Future Null Infinity

5 hours ago, Baelor_the_Blessed said:

So, does that TOJ scene pretty much dispel the speculation that Meera is Jon Snow's twin sister?

I hope so. Lol

4 hours ago, Reuben Stoneheart said:

I think it's safe to assume the baby was Jon.

Why would they have a shot of the baby's face immediatedly cut to a shot of Jon's face with dramatic music? They did that to confirm to everyone that the baby was Jon in case anyone hadn't already worked it out.

Hmm seemed pretty obvious but could be a fake out 

Tried to put the volume up when Lyanna whispered his name and I think I could make it out. Sounded like Aegon. Makes sense Aegon, Jon if you shorten it. I always wondered why he didn't have a more traditional Stark name even though he was supposed to be a bastard. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't know of any other Starks with the name Jon. Are there any other Targarean names that sound like Jon if you shorten them?

I also think than Bran will start digging deeper to get more information so do not despair fellow fans this is not over. To me the Starks are for the most part honourable to the bone. I would not be surprised if Lyanna insisted on getting married before the baby was conceived.

1 hour ago, YOVMO said:

i am just pointing out that given every single word of dialoug this season we should def assume the show is being written by people who assume the viewers are idiots. 

Oh no doubt, hence the dumbing down of everything and the complete removal of even a hint of a GNC.

2 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

Ok, I see, it's another theory, but the show didn't say anything about the father, it's a cliffhanger for the hype of season 7

So then considering the evidence and the alternate theories, that the OP is right saying that the main theory is not confirmed?

7 minutes ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

So then considering the evidence and the alternate theories, that the OP is right saying that the main theory is not confirmed?

But it is.

If Jon's father was anything other than a Targ, why would Lyanna be so worried about Robert killing it?

It has been established that Robert hated Targs and wanted to kill them all in season 1. It was established that there was carnal knowledge between Rhaegar and Lyanna when LF and Sansa talked in the crypts. Therefore, the only logical conclusion to draw is that Rhaegar was the father of Lyanna's child and Ned promised her not to tell Robert so that the child could live. That's it - mystery and Ned's motivations for lying to Cat solved.

Archived