So who rules now in the 7 Kingdoms in the show?

King's Landing: the new Queen of Westeros is now Cersei Lannister, but she has no heirs.  Disputed by Daenerys Targaryen who is planning to attack.

The North: Jon Snow is now the King of an independent North.

Riverlands: In the books it's Littlefinger, but on the show it was Walder Frey.  Since Walder is dead, the new lord should be Stevron Frey his eldest son who appeared in season 1.

The Vale: Robyn (or Robert in the books) Arryn is the ruler, but providing aid to Jon Snow when he attacked Winterfell might have jeopardized his position.  Not that Cersei is going to attack him or anything.

The Westerlands: Cersei Lannister obviously, and since she's in King's Landing, whoever Kevan had left behind when he went to King's Landing to help Tommen.

The Reach: Since Mace and his two kids are dead (Garlan and Willas don't exist on the show), next in line is Mace's sister Janna (who hasn't appeared yet on the show).  She is married to Jon Fossaway, lord of New Barrel.  Is in war with King's Landing and might declare for Daenerys Targaryen.

Dorne: Apparently Ellaria Sand.  Has declared for Daenerys Targaryen.

Stormlands: It was Tommen Baratheon.  Tommen and his handlers probably had appointed someone to be in charge.  Not sure who takes the castle now that Tommen is dead.  We don't really know about any Baratheons who are still alive.  Lyonel Baratheon had a daughter (who was supposed to marry Duncan Targaryen but didn't) and if she had kids, their descendants should be next in line.

Iron Islands: Euron is the King of the independent Iron Islands.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

King's Landing: the new Queen of Westeros is now Cersei Lannister, but she has no heirs.  Disputed by Daenerys Targaryen who is planning to attack.

Riverlands: In the books it's Littlefinger, but on the show it was Walder Frey.  Since Walder is dead, the new lord should be Stevron Frey his eldest son who appeared in season 1.

The Vale: Robyn (or Robert in the books) Arryn is the ruler, but providing aid to Jon Snow when he attacked Winterfell might have jeopardized his position.  Not that Cersei is going to attack him or anything.

The Westerlands: Cersei Lannister obviously, and since she's in King's Landing, whoever Kevan had left behind when he went to King's Landing to help Tommen.

The Reach: Since Mace and his two kids are dead (Garlan and Willas don't exist on the show), next in line is Mace's sister Janna (who hasn't appeared yet on the show).  She is married to Jon Fossaway, lord of New Barrel.  Is in war with King's Landing and might declare for Daenerys Targaryen.

Stormlands: It was Tommen Baratheon.  Tommen and his handlers probably had appointed someone to be in charge.  Not sure who takes the castle now that Tommen is dead.  We don't really know about any Baratheons who are still alive.  Lyonel Baratheon had a daughter (who was supposed to marry Duncan Targaryen but didn't) and if she had kids, their descendants should be next in line.

Thoughts?

The North is behind Jon and Sansa. Riverlands is in turmoil now that Freys are gone, which means Brotherhood without Banners might take control of the area (and certain Red God priestess comes Arya's way who promised that they will meet again).

Vale is behind Robin Arryn, but I expect now that Dany and Tyrion are coming back to Westeros, and Knights of the Vale are up in the North, Tyrion will keep his word and give mountain clans the Vale of Arryn next season, deposing the last Arryn. I really think Sansa, Baelish and Vale forces will leave south on Jon's behalf, to start a dialogue with this invading Dragon Queen. Since Tyrion now is Dany's Hand, and Sansa is still his wife and sister to new King in the North, there is your link between two factions.

Crownlands are in Cersei's hands, while Westerlands belong to Jaime. Now that there is no official "Baratheon" left, it will be a perfect opportunity to reintroduce Gendry in Stormlands and make him an ally of Dany, like Orys Baratheon and Aegon the Conqueror.

Iron Islands are in Euron's control, and he will attack Oldtown and the Reach next season, I believe. He will burn Highgarden and Olenna Tyrell first though. Sam Tarly will be involved in Euron's death.

North: Jon

Iron Islands: Euron.

Riverlands: No one really. The Freys are in complete disarray now and I think they'll all end up fighting each other. We've been told that the Mallisters and the Blackwoods rose up against the Freys and it seems like nothing has been done about it. So unless Edmure is freed it's pretty much every house for themselves.

Stormlands: I guess Cersei gets this one as there's no Baratheon to opposer her

The Reach: The show makes it seem like there's no heirs and Lady Olenna is still running things. Under Dany's control now

Dorne: The Sandsnakes/Ellaria under Dany

Westerlands: Cersei and Jaime although I do think that Jaime will abandon her at some point

Vale: No one really. But they could support Jon or Dany next season

Crownlands: Cersei

So really the Iron Throne is so irrelevant and worth nothing now. Cersei pretty much undid all the good work of Tywin

I can't imagine the Stormlands would just bend the knee to a Lannister who at this point has clearly caused the downfall of their liege lords and region. So many houses should be rising up in rebellion, but they're wiped in the show, and they've been reduced to the most insignificant region in the show.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that the Reach and Dorne declared for Dany.

Regarding the others, Jon is probably controlling both the North and the Vale, because the knights of the Vale (including Lord Royce) were there when he was declared King in the North and they didn't seem to oppose the decision.

So that only leaves Cersei with the Stormlands, the Crownlands, Westerlands and maybe Riverlands (which falls under doubt). Considering Walder's demise, I assume Jon and Sansa will now make their move on the Riverlands.

The Iron Islands are clearly out of the question, because both Euron and Yara want independence. And when push comes to shove, they will probably declare for Dany as well.

Hmm, actually, Jaime Lannister is the rightful heir to Casterly Rock in the show. And the Lannister army will answer only to him since he already is their commander, and has also proven to be quite competent in the Riverlands. Cersei's power only came from her being the Queen Mother. Now she isn't even that, only a pretender crowned by a former maester who rode with the Brave Companions.  She doesn't have any authority beyond the walls of the Red Keep, and I think that even the gold cloaks don't fully recognize her. 

It's only fair to assume that most of the 7K are in a state of full anarchy by now. With the exception of the North, every other kingdom situation is unclear. 

Btw, the show makes it look as if most of the Freys have been poisoned/killed by Arya.

3 hours ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

Thoughts?

The Riverlands paramount lordship was given to the Lord of Harrenhal after the revolt was put down, which is Littlefinger. The Freys had assumed that since they were given Riverrun, that they were now the paramount lords of the Riverlands, but Jaime corrected them and pointed out that the Lord of Harrenhal now held that title by royal decree. Harrenhal itself had no income however (and hence could not afford to raise an army), so Littlefinger knew that he would never be able to enforce his authority. Which is why he was plotting in the Vale.

It's a mess right now. Kings Landing had lost control and power, it's just pretty... well it was. Everyone is fighting their own thing. The North is busy rallying, and almost everyone else is against each other and/or the Lannisters. Dany will come soon enough, and with the two freshest and strongest armies behind her (High Garden and Dorne) as well as her own, I can't see anyone successfully opposing her. But by then, the White Walkers will attack so it won't matter/ 

I am a bit confused about The Reach too! This Ep showed the QoT in Dorne trying to broker an alliance with the SS, then Varys turns up declaring fire and blood as being the way forward. But you never see her reaction after that. Hadnt she already made an alliance with Littlefinger in earlier seasons? I just assumed before now she was aligned with the Vale. Either way the reach are against the lannisters I suppose. But will be interested to see how this plays out in the aftermath. 

In theory cersei controls whole westeros, in practicaly only crownlands and westerlands. Riverlands, no idea. Vale, sweetrobin in theory, littlefinger for now. North, Jon Snow. Reach, Olenna Tyrell, unless show introduces previosly unknown tyrell cousin or Brother. Dorne, Ellaria Sand. Iron islands, Euron.

5 hours ago, adiman83 said:

I think it's pretty safe to assume that the Reach and Dorne declared for Dany.

Regarding the others, Jon is probably controlling both the North and the Vale, because the knights of the Vale (including Lord Royce) were there when he was declared King in the North and they didn't seem to oppose the decision.

So that only leaves Cersei with the Stormlands, the Crownlands, Westerlands and maybe Riverlands (which falls under doubt). Considering Walder's demise, I assume Jon and Sansa will now make their move on the Riverlands.

The Iron Islands are clearly out of the question, because both Euron and Yara want independence. And when push comes to shove, they will probably declare for Dany as well.

I don't think Jon is controlling the Vale.  R. Arryn is still alive.  I think the knights of the Vale declared their support to the King in the North, but they're still loyal to House Arryn.  But I do agree that Jon and Sansa will make their move to get the Riverlands back from the Freys since Sansa is half-Tully.

5 hours ago, tugela said:

The Riverlands paramount lordship was given to the Lord of Harrenhal after the revolt was put down, which is Littlefinger. The Freys had assumed that since they were given Riverrun, that they were now the paramount lords of the Riverlands, but Jaime corrected them and pointed out that the Lord of Harrenhal now held that title by royal decree. Harrenhal itself had no income however (and hence could not afford to raise an army), so Littlefinger knew that he would never be able to enforce his authority. Which is why he was plotting in the Vale.

I'm pretty sure that's book canon only.  I don't think this has been mentioned on the show.

8 hours ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

Thoughts?

In the show little finger is in control of the riverlands and the vale. The Freys own a few castles. Jamie is now warden of the west and most likely commader if the stormlands. Backing the lannisters at this point is complete suicide. Evrey major house is on the verge of extinction or already gone. 

18 minutes ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

I'm pretty sure that's book canon only.  I don't think this has been mentioned on the show.

I seem to recall this happening after the Battle Of The Blackwater, and LIttlefinger made some quip about it. Probably episode 2x10.

31 minutes ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

I don't think Jon is controlling the Vale.  R. Arryn is still alive.  I think the knights of the Vale declared their support to the King in the North, but they're still loyal to House Arryn.  But I do agree that Jon and Sansa will make their move to get the Riverlands back from the Freys since Sansa is half-Tully.

By controlling the Vale, I mean the Lords of the Vale might have declared themselves Stark bannermen. 

• 1 year later...

Archived