Jon and Arya

Most agree that one of the greatest things about the game of thrones series and books is the incredible character development and transformation (Dany, Jaime, Sansa....) This gets me thinking - everyone's all excited for a cutesy Jon/Arya reunited scene, given their closeness at the beginning of the story, but how could that actually play out?

Jon is all honor and glory and stick-up-his-arse, and Arya is... at this point, crazy set on revenge, be it immoral, violent, or implicating innocents (frey pies, anyone?). Arya values vengeance, Jon values honour. 

Could the two really reconcile? What about their extreme differences? How do their agendas fit in with each other? I think it's much more likely that Sansa and Arya form a dream team, considering that both of them have taken a rather dark turn to revenge. Thoughts?

Arya will be looking for something after revenge is done. That is when I think she will need her family again. Really her list is short and all in King's Landing now. Cersei, Jaime, The Mountain/Strong, Ilyn Payne, everyone else is dead already right?

A torch under the red keep could finish off her list. Then what? I think that is when she will turn home, but that is where I am unsure of what happens. She will never be someone's lady. She may follow Brienne for all we know. Podrick is old for a squire after all.

9 hours ago, Krakenface said:

Most agree that one of the greatest things about the game of thrones series and books is the incredible character development and transformation (Dany, Jaime, Sansa....) This gets me thinking - everyone's all excited for a cutesy Jon/Arya reunited scene, given their closeness at the beginning of the story, but how could that actually play out?

Jon is all honor and glory and stick-up-his-arse, and Arya is... at this point, crazy set on revenge, be it immoral, violent, or implicating innocents (frey pies, anyone?). Arya values vengeance, Jon values honour. 

Could the two really reconcile? What about their extreme differences? How do their agendas fit in with each other? I think it's much more likely that Sansa and Arya form a dream team, considering that both of them have taken a rather dark turn to revenge. Thoughts?

I think regardless of their differences, Jon will love/accept her because she's Arya, and to some extent she'll do the same. They both still have wolves, that could be an interesting way to go about accomplishing the reunion.

Whether that translates to them working together or her just going off b/c of how different they are - who knows?

Arya/Sansa didn't have a great relationship before; maybe they reconcile, but that'd be cheating imo.

16 minutes ago, A Bastard Brother said:

Arya will be looking for something after revenge is done. That is when I think she will need her family again. Really her list is short and all in King's Landing now. Cersei, Jaime, The Mountain/Strong, Ilyn Payne, everyone else is dead already right?

A torch under the red keep could finish off her list. Then what? I think that is when she will turn home, but that is where I am unsure of what happens. She will never be someone's lady. She may follow Brienne for all we know. Podrick is old for a squire after all.

Jaime was never on Arya's list, I don't think she ever mentions him when she recited it. She will probably run in Mel near riverlands and clear her off her list too.

Jon will welcome Arya with open arms, but I kind of feel that Arya will be dangerous to Sansa, especially if Sansa is going to play against Jon with LF and Arya comes in the middle of it.

Couple thoughts on a Jon and Arya reunion and why it wouldn't be an issue. 

Time and time again we see family be put above all else. Jon has already forgiven Sansa without a second thought for being rude and cold to him his entire life. Granted that's not that same as getting along with a hate filled murderer/assassin, but Jon and Arya were very close before they split up. I think he will overlook and ignore all Aryas flaws because she is family and because he was closest with her as kids. 

Not only that but it seems as though Jon, and most others concerned with honor, are really only concerned with their reputation and remaining honorable themselves. Jon may not like Arya being an assassin but it will help him and keep his name out of the mud while dealing with enemies without battle which would result in larger numbers for the army of the dead. 

As much as I like the little sister assassin angle I don't know if I see her continuing that path. All of her kills are for her. She never killed for the FM. I think after her list is empty (thank you Masha, Jaime was a mistake) she will need to find something to do. I just dont see her going back to Winterfell and hanging around, but I guess if her brother/cousin/ is king he and her family will hav eno short list of enemies.... please let LF be one.

45 minutes ago, Masha said:

Jon will welcome Arya with open arms, but I kind of feel that Arya will be dangerous to Sansa, especially if Sansa is going to play against Jon with LF and Arya comes in the middle of it.

I like this idea of Arya vs Sansa because of Jon. Arya and Jon were technically written for each other. Sansa is the wrong sister to Jon.

• 1 month later...
On 27/06/2016 at 8:27 PM, A Bastard Brother said:

As much as I like the little sister assassin angle I don't know if I see her continuing that path. All of her kills are for her. She never killed for the FM. I think after her list is empty (thank you Masha, Jaime was a mistake) she will need to find something to do. I just dont see her going back to Winterfell and hanging around, but I guess if her brother/cousin/ is king he and her family will hav eno short list of enemies.... please let LF be one.

Why don't you see Arya going back to Winterfell? This is so perplexing.

18 hours ago, DutchArya said:

Why don't you see Arya going back to Winterfell? This is so perplexing.

I don't see Arya heading to Winterfell until her list is finished. She only has Cersei and the Mountain and if she runs into the Hound in the Riverlands, I could see the two of them heading to King's Landing to take care of their unfinished business, i.e. - Cersi and the Mountain. Of course, D&D like to screw with us, so she might head to Winterfell to see her family again. The problem with that scenario is that it doesn't feel right for Arya. She's the Wild Wolf, running free and taking care of herself. 

20 hours ago, Slaysman said:

All I know is if it happens, the Jon and Arya reunion better have me in fucking tears.

Well, they already had Jon and Sansa reunite and hug. Anything like that would be repetitive. They need to do something different than some random hug.

1 hour ago, Lady Sansa's Direwolf said:

I don't see Arya heading to Winterfell until her list is finished. She only has Cersei and the Mountain and if she runs into the Hound in the Riverlands, I could see the two of them heading to King's Landing to take care of their unfinished business, i.e. - Cersi and the Mountain. Of course, D&D like to screw with us, so she might head to Winterfell to see her family again. The problem with that scenario is that it doesn't feel right for Arya. She's the Wild Wolf, running free and taking care of herself. 

But going home and her family are more important to her. The list does not define her. When she left the HoBW she said she was going home.

Cersei and the Mountain will die by someone else's hand just like Tywin and Joffery for example. It's all the same to Arya. She even takes people off her list when she feels like it. Case in point: Melisandre. 

Arya's favourite identity was Cat of the Canals, A very social hard working girl who Arya misses very much:

She missed the friends she'd had when she was Cat of the Canals; Old Brusco with his bad back, his daughters Talea and Brea, the mummers from the Ship, Merry and her whores at the Happy Port, all the other rogues and wharfside scum. She missed Cat herself the most of all, even more than she missed her eyes. She had liked being Cat, more than she had ever liked being Salty or Squab or Weasel or Arry. 

That's the problem with of this fandom, limiting Arya to just a List and discounting everything else that makes her who she is: The most important being her family. The list, her fight for revenge, learning from the FM... all of that is for the sake of her family. She threw away all her past identities in the water, all except Needle. In that moment foes her lost matter?

The Kindly Man asks Arya:

When you smell our candles burning, what does it make you think of, my child?"

Winterfell, she might have said. I smell snow and smoke and pine needles. I smell the stables. I smell Hodor laughing, and Jon and Robb battling in the yard, and Sansa singing about some stupid lady fair. I smell the crypts where the stone kings sit, I smell hot bread baking, I smell the godswood. I smell my wolf, I smell her fur, almost as if she were still beside me. "I don't smell anything," she said, to see what he would say.

"You lie," he said, "but you may keep your secrets if you wish, Arya of House Stark."

It would be right for her to head North run into Mel as she promised they would meet again. Gendry is alive somewhere and Mel will tell Arya about Jon and what happened to him. She will tell Arya about the WW and the danger they pose to all the living. With the help of Sandor, all of this will give Arya new purpose and allow her to make peace with her past and fight for her family in a whole new way. If Arya meets Nymeria as well... Home is where she will go. And fast.

4 minutes ago, Karmarni said:

Well, they already had Jon and Sansa reunite and hug. Anything like that would be repetitive. They need to do something different than some random hug.

I hated that hug because remembered me jon and arya.they need something special.

43 minutes ago, Moirainee said:

I hated that hug because remembered me jon and arya.they need something special.

Me too. I guess we could have Nymeria and Ghost greet each other and we could all fist pump, "Yeah, Direwolves!" But it still wouldn't be special.

15 minutes ago, Karmarni said:

Me too. I guess we could have Nymeria and Ghost greet each other and we could all fist pump, "Yeah, Direwolves!" But it still wouldn't be special.

nymeria(and her pact) and ghost renuion would be amazing but you are right that's not enough.

Maybe arya will be wearing someone's face then she will save jon's live.

Actually, I'm kind of bothered by the idea of her faces for the show. First off, how are they preserved? Second, if they aren't, is she going to be zombie-fied? And I guess it doesn't matter, because they might not get into the whole preservation thing anyway, given they're just hanging around on the wall in the HoBaW.

But she also learns to cut them off. Does that mean she'll be taking others faces in Westeros? Like, she could walk around as Walder Frey and stir up so trouble. I think she will take one face of a future kill, it's almost too tempting from a visual perspective alone to have her do it.

She could use a face to guage what's happening in Winterfell and then she could reveal herself as Arya.

All these possibilities! She certainly has gone rogue.

1 hour ago, Karmarni said:

Actually, I'm kind of bothered by the idea of her faces for the show. First off, how are they preserved? Second, if they aren't, is she going to be zombie-fied? And I guess it doesn't matter, because they might not get into the whole preservation thing anyway, given they're just hanging around on the wall in the HoBaW.

But she also learns to cut them off. Does that mean she'll be taking others faces in Westeros? Like, she could walk around as Walder Frey and stir up so trouble. I think she will take one face of a future kill, it's almost too tempting from a visual perspective alone to have her do it.

She could use a face to guage what's happening in Winterfell and then she could reveal herself as Arya.

All these possibilities! She certainly has gone rogue.

maybe sansa will betray jon and she will wearing a random face and she will save him.actually I have no idea what's gonna happen to her.I don't understand how she learn to cut them off.there are holes in the story.maybe she'll be taking important faces in westeros(like walder frey or little finger) but when she wears face ,her body still the same.

She become a real cheater.She can do whatever she wants.She could even wear dany's face 

I kinda want issues between Jon and Arya post reunion. I don't want it to be all rainbows and butterflies between them. IDK, I just really enjoy the fandom's meltdowns and saltiness I guess. I like D+D messing with people's expectations, theories and tinfoil.

Anyway, Jon and Arya are so different from who they were when they parted ways. And their bond is not strong in the show. How can their interactions be pure and unproblematic then?

12 minutes ago, Darksky said:

I kinda want issues between Jon and Arya post reunion. I don't want it to be all rainbows and butterflies between them. IDK, I just really enjoy the fandom's meltdowns and saltiness I guess. I like D+D messing with people's expectations, theories and tinfoil.

Anyway, Jon and Arya are so different from who they were when they parted ways. And their bond is not strong in the show. How can their interactions be pure and unproblematic then?

There's no proof of that.

Remember, we don't have access to the character's thoughts in the tv show like we have in the books. 
In the books, we know Jon and Arya are always thinking about each other because we have their POV chapters.
In the show, there's no way we can know what they are thinking. Maybe they do think about each other or maybe not.

Jon will accept Arya, no doubt, like he did with Sansa.

The difference is that no one will try to put Arya against Jon like LF is trying to do with Sansa.

Archived