Will Jon be known by any other name?

I just tried to create a forum post about this : 

Manderley reffers to Jon as "White Wolf", The title given to Geralt of Rivia in the Witcher universe. 

And I loved it, Jon "The White Wolf" Snow, it has a nice ring to it 

Also Geralt in elven/welsh is called "Gwynbleidd" which means white wolf. Wonder if that will be what he is called in Valyrian as well. 

Also i do know you guys are referring to Jons real name. I honestly think it doesnot matter. If Jon Snow was elevated to King in the North as a bastard, it shows the character of the man. It tells us highborn are not always the necessary fabric for Kings and sometimes virtue triumphs above nobility. Its almost ironic because we get the most concrete hint of his parentage a scene before and yet in events of the present it does not matter. So while we look for answers of his parentage, we are only blinded thereby not seeing the character himself.  

45 minutes ago, ricardoromell said:

Also i do know you guys are referring to Jons real name. I honestly think it doesnot matter. If Jon Snow was elevated to King in the North as a bastard, it shows the character of the man. It tells us highborn are not always the necessary fabric for Kings and sometimes virtue triumphs above nobility. Its almost ironic because we get the most concrete hint of his parentage a scene before and yet in events of the present it does not matter. So while we look for answers of his parentage, we are only blinded thereby not seeing the character himself.  

YES!

I just posted this in another topic...

Isn't a bastards sigil the reverse of the house? (Thinking Blackfyre) The reverse for the Stark would be a white wolf on a grey field. They didn't call him Jon Stark they still called him Jon Snow. The lords can't legitimatize him. That takes a King, if they make him King does he do it himself? 

1 minute ago, The Smuggler said:

Aejon Starkaryen. 

kidding aside, i think he'd probably legitimize himself as "Stark" now that he is KitN given that he always wanted to be one with the name. With his true parentage though, we'll see. 

I'd be surprised if he did this. It wouldn't follow the humility that Ned instilled in his sons.

I think he will remain as Jon Snow. If something happens about the reveal and he is accepted as legitimate Targ then perhaps he would have his Targ name as "xxx Targ" when people announce him or proclaim his and during ceremonies and such. But most of the time people would be referring to him as Jon Snow as his familiar name.

Even when it's finally revealed who his real daddy is, I don't see him changing his name to Targaryen.  He's always considered himself a Stark.  The North considers him a Stark.  Even Sansa said she considers him a Stark.  Somehow, I don't see Jon deciding to go Targaryen.

If anything, he'll remain a Snow, or adopt the Stark name.  At this point, being declared King of the North...he can probably do whatever he wants anyways.  He'll probably stick with Snow, as it seems to fit his character and personality more.

All I hope is not to have Jon competing in titles with Daenerys

Jon of House Stark and Targaryen, Conqueror of Death, The White Wolf, King in the North, Lord of Winterfell, Protector of the Realm, The Flame in the Darkness, Consort of Queen Daenerys titles titles titles

1 minute ago, Corvinus said:

Jon of House Stark and Targaryen, Conqueror of Death, The White Wolf, King in the North, Lord of Winterfell, Protector of the Realm, The Flame in the Darkness, Consort of Queen Daenerys titles titles titles

The lord of knowing nothing 

3 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

If Jon and Dany ever meet, the entire 60 minutes of the episode will be taken up by others introducing them while Jon and Dany just stare at each other awkwardly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/06/2016 at 7:38 PM, SevasTra82 said:

Even when it's finally revealed who his real daddy is, I don't see him changing his name to Targaryen.  He's always considered himself a Stark.  The North considers him a Stark.  Even Sansa said she considers him a Stark.  Somehow, I don't see Jon deciding to go Targaryen.

If anything, he'll remain a Snow, or adopt the Stark name.  At this point, being declared King of the North...he can probably do whatever he wants anyways.  He'll probably stick with Snow, as it seems to fit his character and personality more.

that's the thing! for 5 season they saw him as a bastard and just when they revealed his true lineage, they see him as a Stark.... Ironical...

Archived