Will Jon be known by any other name?

17 hours ago, Quyen Thuy Tran said:

Jon will show the same face "know nothing " lol

I get the strange feeling that Jon will die "knowing nothing" of his true parentage. Hence "You know nothing, Jon Snow".

Anyone else get that feeling?

30 minutes ago, Asvpxkvng said:

I get the strange feeling that Jon will die "knowing nothing" of his true parentage. Hence "You know nothing, Jon Snow".

Anyone else get that feeling?

Then what's the point of it? It needs to be revealed to him and others in order to have some kind of important part in this story. You don't create such a mystery and then let the character die without knowing it. It needs pay off. "You know nothing, Jon Snow" refers more to him being naive but in bigger picture he doesn't know anything about his true parentage hence this line.

Jon Blackfyre :D no, he will be Ned's son for them until Sam find a proof in the Citadel, names doesn't matter anymore, many youtubers pointed at the idea, the story is moving from a feudal system based on houses (this is why we are seeing the destruction of all the houses, now the question is : does house Stark have a preferential status in the story??) to a democratic system based on elections (we already seen the freefolks, the election of Jon as KitN)

4 hours ago, Asvpxkvng said:

Jon has already known "Nothing" when he died.

I think it is likely Jon will eventually find out the truth about himself, how he will handle it will be the interesting thing, my bet is his first reaction is to burst out laughing.

19 hours ago, Aegonzo The Great said:

"This is Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, the Unburnt, the First of Her Name, Queen of Meereen, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lady Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons."

"This is Jon The White Wolf of House Stark, the Revenent, the Third(?) of His Name, King In The North, Lord of Winterfell, Leader of the Free Folk and Those Beyond-The-Wall The Sword in the Darkness, The Watcher on the Walls, The Fire that Burns Against the Cold, The Light that Brings the Dawn, The Horn that Wakes the Sleepers, The Shield that Guards the Realms of Men, The King of Winter, and Quite Possibly The Prince Who Was Promised and/or Azor Ahai Reborn, Depending on Which Crackpot Theory You Prescribe To."

LOVE this.  Even removing the last sentence, his titles are longer than hers.  All is as it should be, from a Jon Snow fan perspective ;)

On 7/10/2016 at 5:14 AM, Future Null Infinity said:

Jon Blackfyre :D no, he will be Ned's son for them until Sam find a proof in the Citadel, names doesn't matter anymore, many youtubers pointed at the idea, the story is moving from a feudal system based on houses (this is why we are seeing the destruction of all the houses, now the question is : does house Stark have a preferential status in the story??) to a democratic system based on elections (we already seen the freefolks, the election of Jon as KitN)

Given what Westros is, turning it into a 21st century democracy with the rule of law makes no sense.  However, we are seeing the old feudal system start to breakdown and that the rules are more flexible.  We might see a system which is still an absolute monarchy based on feudalism but the players are different.

19 minutes ago, illinifan said:

Given what Westros is, turning it into a 21st century democracy with the rule of law makes no sense.  However, we are seeing the old feudal system start to breakdown and that the rules are more flexible.  We might see a system which is still an absolute monarchy based on feudalism but the players are different.

because of "you are not a ruler, you are a conqueror", I think that Daenerys will give independence to all the kingdoms after taking Westeros and effectively ends the monarchy system and start a democratic system

1 hour ago, Future Null Infinity said:

because of "you are not a ruler, you are a conqueror", I think that Daenerys will give independence to all the kingdoms after taking Westeros and effectively ends the monarchy system and start a democratic system

That just means that we go to a smaller scale feudal system.  Yes, there have been some steps in the direction of a more democratic system due to the breakdown of Westros society.  The KiTN scene was a step in that direction (as was Jon's "rebirth" scene in the Battle of the Bastards.) However, Jon was "elected" because while not legitimate, he was Ned Stark's acknowledged "son."  If Jon and Dany marry as many predict, it will because the need for personal marriage alliances between houses still exists.  I do think we will get a step in the direction.. perhaps a charter of rights or the formation of modern state institutions.  But not a full democracy.

On 6/27/2016 at 3:34 AM, youshallnotpass said:

The north knows no king but the king of the north whos name is Stark. Only a Stark can be King of the North. Jon Stark is now the head of house stark of winterfell. 

He has always wanted to be a Stark and now is. He has more credibility and power as a Stark then a 'rivers'. 

This ^

If it turns out that rhaegar and lyanna were married, and jon is legitimate, it probably won't sit well with the north.

I'm hoping that doesn't happen, because how would anybody discover the truth, and believe the story? I'm guessing the only proof would be bran seeing the past.. how would that be believed by all of westeros?

On 6/27/2016 at 3:04 AM, LastManStanding said:

So with the North rallying behind him, Sassy Lady of Bear Island basically calling him a Stark, and the whole R+L thing, do you think Jon will ever be known or recognised as a Stark or Targaryen in the next couple of seasons? Or will he forever be Jon Snow? 

He might just always be jon snow, although he will definitely find out who his parents are. How will anybody make this information believable to the rest of the world? There is no definitive proof anywhere.. only visions of the past.

7 hours ago, brightflame princess said:

He might just always be jon snow, although he will definitely find out who his parents are. How will anybody make this information believable to the rest of the world? There is no definitive proof anywhere.. only visions of the past.

And how do you know that? There might be written proof of his legitimacy hidden somewhere, and witnesses of his birth still alive. We know nothing. And like Jon we will probably die knowing nothing.... I hope not, I hope there is an explanation.

Yes, he will be a Stark, and he is the last male Stark who can carry the name, Bran cannot have children and Benjen, if alive in the books, also cannot and couldn't before the story began. But will he be a Stark? Marry and have Stark children? Will he live? So many questions. Everything can happen. I am sure he will not want to sit on Iron Throne but knowing he could might change him and his views. It might change even they way he views The Others.

10 minutes ago, Jon Snow Nothing said:

And how do you know that? There might be written proof of his legitimacy hidden somewhere, and witnesses of his birth still alive. We know nothing. And like Jon we will probably die knowing nothing.... I hope not, I hope there is an explanation.

Yes, he will be a Stark, and he is the last male Stark who can carry the name, Bran cannot have children and Benjen, if alive in the books, also cannot and couldn't before the story began. But will he be a Stark? Marry and have Stark children? Will he live? So many questions. Everything can happen. I am sure he will not want to sit on Iron Throne but knowing he could might change him and his views. It might change even they way he views The Others.

Give me some ideas of who could have written proof of his parentage.

And tell me why the people of westeros will believe a piece of paper, or a person. 

Also, why do you say bran can't have children? I agree it's unlikely, but not impossible.

https://www.christopherreeve.org/living-with-paralysis/health/sexual-health/sexual-health-for-men

i think Lyanna kept jon's name as Aegon.

may be at TOJ during her pregnancy Lyanna heard the news about Rhaegars other children (Rhaenys and Aegon) were murdered by the mountain during sack of king landing. so she kept jon's name Aegon.  Actually she had planned to keep his name something else if Rhaenys and Aegon was alive. but sadly she heard the news about elder baby Aegon was murdered so she might thought to go for her own son's name as Aegon to keep the rheagar's wish and prophecy alive.

its would make sense if we think 300yrs ago Aegon the conqurer came to westeros to conquer and unite the seven kingdoms to fight Walkers. but in reality after 300yrs it will be another Aegon (with black hair) who saves the westeros from darknesss

Aegon(Jon) the savior.

On 12/07/2016 at 7:16 PM, brightflame princess said:

Give me some ideas of who could have written proof of his parentage.

And tell me why the people of westeros will believe a piece of paper, or a person. 

Also, why do you say bran can't have children? I agree it's unlikely, but not impossible.

https://www.christopherreeve.org/living-with-paralysis/health/sexual-health/sexual-health-for-men

As far as I know, Roberth Baratheon's WILL (a piece of paper from a King)  would be proof to the Realm is Cersei hadn't torn it into pieces.

He can't move his legs, yes, maybe you are right and he can have children. Ok.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 8:46 AM, ricardoromell said:

Jon "The White Wolf"

That's  beautiful name, but i believe to have a better one.

Spoiler

John Dragon, Son of Ice and Fire!               

Afterall he is the Son of Lysanna and Rhaegar

On 6/27/2016 at 6:34 AM, youshallnotpass said:

The north knows no king but the king of the north whos name is Stark. Only a Stark can be King of the North. Jon Stark is now the head of house stark of winterfell. 

He has always wanted to be a Stark and now is. He has more credibility and power as a Stark then a 'rivers'. 

The name for a noble bastard from the Crownlands is Waters. But he'd still be Snow because he was raised in the North, even if it became known he was Rhaegar's bastard. If he's not a bastard at all, then it depends on what he wants to be called, really.

3 minutes ago, Adam_Up_Bxtch said:

Funny enough Jon will be known as "The White Wolf" for more than just being a Stark bastard by the end of the series. I think he is the first person in history to share the blood of old Valyria and the First men. I don't think The Targaryens ever had marriages/children with anyone in the north until Jon happened.

Bloodraven is blood of First Men and Valyrian. 

Archived