Queen of Dragons Marrying King in the North

Looks like that's where it's headed.  Also looks like politics will motivate the match, instead of lurve at first sight or something like that.

I'm not expecting it to end well though, for obvious reasons. I don't even want to know what GRRM would do during that wedding.  I'll be a nervous wreck before that event, oh boy.  :ph34r:   

I don't think that is either Dany or Jon's destiny to be with each other, and I doubt either of them live until the end. If they both do, there is always a possibility of co-ruling, I suppose. King of Winter and Queen of Summer, perhaps?

Just now, Future Null Infinity said:

Because she sent Daario to the friendzone in order to make a political mariage, Euron is her enemy, and the only powerful leader now is Jon

That isn't what I mean. People keep mentioning what Dany would like and completely dismiss Jon's side of the story.

7 minutes ago, blckp said:

fuck the king, she will not marry some weakling king, bend or be destroyed  Jon Snow will be second stark king who knelt

Yeah, only the Night's King is Dany's match lol, they should marry & rule Westeros for thousands of years.

3 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

After thinking, I can't find another man that politically powerful enough suitable for the stormborn, Only Jon is the suitable one

Hard to know in the show what other political powerhouses are left.  Who is the power in the Reach who will in essence take over lordship of that region now that there are apparently no more Tyrells?  In the books the Hightowers of Old Town are very wealthy/powerful, but haven't mentioned them in the show, so can't know if that is a possible suitor?  But she already has The Reach on her side (but would maybe need to find a way to keep them there beyond just revenge).  Tyrion is most likely going to be Lord of Casterlyrock if Dany wins the throne, but again he is her Hand and won't need to marry him to bring the Westerlands under her control. 

So the North, Jon would make some sense.  Renounce being KitN to be her king, let Sansa become Lady of Winterfell, in exchange Dany uses her dragon to kill off the army of the dead north of the wall since only fire can apparently kill the wights.  The Vale, Robyn is doomed with LF around, and no way Tyrion and Varys would allow Dany to marry LF, they know how manipulative he is.  So really Jon does make the most sense of the known Lords in Westeros, so unless the show introduces some other guy.

But my biggest question is yes Dany needs to marry for alliance reasons, but who would marry her knowing they wouldn't really be "king", but husband to the queen?  Dany isn't going through all of this to sit on the sidelines while her new husband rules Westeros.

Archived