Queen of Dragons Marrying King in the North

10 hours ago, MoreOrLess said:

The reveal of the background to the Walkers for me though hints that the focus of the finale with them isn't just going to be beating a "dark lord" though force of arms. Indeed I don't think that's the case in LOTR either where the focus of the finale is not defeating Sauron in that fashion but rather the moral test of trying to destroy the ring, Frodo's previous forgiveness of Gollum, Sam's loyalty to Frodo and the other members of the fellowship walking into near certain death as bait is what makes the finale. Likewise I think the Night King as basically a legacy of the conflict between the children and men is ripe for turning the real focus of the story away from just how to beat him and towards the various characters involved and that legacy.

Thinking of Lord of the Rings as well it brings up the potential of whether we are going to see any kind of "aftermath" post big climax, in Jacksons films we get less of one although Frodo leaving Middle Earth obviously is of importance but in the books you could actually argue the Scouring is almost as big a climax, the point where Merry and Pippin especially show how they've shown. Is Martin going to end right after the climax or is he going to have a prolonged prolong? The show doesn't seem likely to show much after the climax given how little time is left.

One interesting reversal for me might actually be if Jon and Dany have to work together vs the Walkers but Dany has to die to achieve it, maybe Jon having to run her through with a VS sword to turn it into the real light bringer. That would be an obvious shift in there stories, they've both been at risk of course but Dany has always been building towards "winning" and ruling in the end where as Jon as always built towards sacrificing himself for the greater good.

There are several possibilities, but I think the White Walker invasion happening fairly early may force all the factions of Westeros to unite to save humanity. This will make the solving of who sits on the Iron Throne a much more interesting plot line. We might loose a few Key players prior to this, notably LF, Cersei, Euron, and maybe the Sakes.

2 hours ago, Ice Spider said:

There are several possibilities, but I think the White Walker invasion happening fairly early may force all the factions of Westeros to unite to save humanity. This will make the solving of who sits on the Iron Throne a much more interesting plot line. We might loose a few Key players prior to this, notably LF, Cersei, Euron, and maybe the Sakes.

Yeah I think we'll almost certainly see the cast slim down yet further as things progress which of course does also make it easier to cover more ground, if your only focusing on say half a dozen characters in a couple of plots then suddenly you can cover a hell of a lot more ground per episode. With Dany especially I suspect we will see more plot advancement from her in the last 13-15 episodes than we got in the previous 3 seasons

On 9/26/2016 at 3:02 PM, Slaysman said:

I do not see Jon kneeling to Dany. He would lose support of the wildlings/free folk, and if the Wall comes down as we all suspect he will need them.

To be honest though, what would you rather have in the war with the dead? Like 1000 wildings or the entire Southern armies + 100000 Dothraki + 3 huge dragons. I don't think Jon would have any problems kneeling. when you look at it like that. Won't happen though. I think they will end up sealing an alliance through marriage

3 hours ago, Commander Jon Snow said:

To be honest though, what would you rather have in the war with the dead? Like 1000 wildings or the entire Southern armies + 100000 Dothraki + 3 huge dragons. I don't think Jon would have any problems kneeling. when you look at it like that. Won't happen though. I think they will end up sealing an alliance through marriage

Dany will face setbacks which D&D alluded to. Otherwise she would wiped out Cersei and Euron. So she's likely to lose dragon and huge chunk of her army, other than that it would be too easy campaign. Plus we don't know how dragons do in winter conditions, Unsullied, Dothraki never saw snow and Southern armies are not familiar too. Their alliance will be must for both thus eliminating kneeling and concentrating on more important things.

8 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Dany will face setbacks which D&D alluded to. Otherwise she would wiped out Cersei and Euron. So she's likely to lose dragon and huge chunk of her army, other than that it would be too easy campaign. Plus we don't know how dragons do in winter conditions, Unsullied, Dothraki never saw snow and Southern armies are not familiar too. Their alliance will be must for both thus eliminating kneeling and concentrating on more important things.

I hope she suffers some set backs.While I admit Jon is my favorite character I am not going to go on a PR Campaign for him. I have posted a few times about logistics and the size of Dany's army. Yes the numbers look great, but I doubt people will just roll over.I do agree with Lord Friendzone it may be a partnership with no kneeling required.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I think the books/movies are about the story of Jon and Dany and the Others, everyone else is fodder. I think, which is clearly to point out this is only my opinion, but Ice and Fire is Jon and Dany.

I hope they survive, Aragorn and what's her face did, I see Bran being stuck in a weirwood for eternity. As far as the show goes I see Sansa biting the dust perhaps by Littlefinger (whom I oddly enjoy) and I don't know about Arya. Logic would say she's gone through too much to watch her die. I see her being the Stark in Winterfell. Dany has to fulfill the Mirri Maz Duur prophecy of having a child "when you birth a living child" because in the novels Jojeen states the wolves come back, so that would be Jon and Arya.

Jon is a Targaryen and I think he is legitimate otherwise Lyanna would have said "His name is Jon Stark or Snow" but it wouldn't have been a secret from the audience. I think she whispered it and his mouth dropped because his sister clearly has given birth and if the name is (I guessing) Aegon Targaryen that matters. That says everything and would be a logical twist as it's been Jon's identity, who he is and to be a prince, King Aegon is mind altering. I think he lives and I think Dany lives and it's cliche but it all don't have to be bad. It is fantasy.

I don't believe dany and Jon end up together. It just doesn't fit with the rest of the series. If anything, like people are saying, Jon and dany will oppose each other. 

I believe both will die as they are shaping up to be the central characters to the central plot of live vs death. However, Jon will certainly die as he has already died and has been brought back from the dead. 

regarding the original question, no, I do not see any scenario where Jon and dany end up together or marry each other. Perhaps they'll aid each other, but will not end up together. 

15 hours ago, Zoo_Dane said:

I don't believe dany and Jon end up together. It just doesn't fit with the rest of the series. If anything, like people are saying, Jon and dany will oppose each other. 

I believe both will die as they are shaping up to be the central characters to the central plot of live vs death. However, Jon will certainly die as he has already died and has been brought back from the dead. 

regarding the original question, no, I do not see any scenario where Jon and dany end up together or marry each other. Perhaps they'll aid each other, but will not end up together. 

no, this is wrong.

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 7:36 PM, Zoo_Dane said:

12 hours ago, Zoo_Dane said:

My bad, didn't realize the ending was already known. 

Your the one that said "certainly", or don't see "any scenario"...........   :)

Thirteen episodes left. Keep that in Mind.

We know that Jon will have a major battle against the white walkers (with or without Dany)

We know that Dany will invade westeros in the South

Are you saying that in addition to those two battles, we will also have another battle of Jon vs Dany? Highly unlikely and not much time for plot development.

Dany already has two Stark Sympathizers in her ranks. She has also foreshadowed that she might need to marry to forge an alliance.  Who might I ask is left for such an alliance that would be beneficial for her?

There is no way that Jon's forces can stand a chance without the help of Dany's forces. Her opposing him would all but guarantee an Others victory. It also kills the build up of Dragons vs white walkers.

Dany and Jon will all but certainly end up as allies. As to whether or not both live and get married is anyone's guess.

• 3 weeks later...

There's a good chance they marry. Jon needs her dragons to fight the WW and she needs him to unite the north with the rest of the 7k. They may not marry for love but for need of each other. Once she and Tyrion find out he is KITN and doesnt care about the rest of the 7K they will make their move for him to join them. He will want something in return of course (which is her dragons).

Based on the leaked photos on this link, it sure looks like Jon goes to meet Tyrion and makes some type of deal.

http://winteriscoming.net/2016/10/25/season-7-filming-continues-tantalize-us-new-images/

12 minutes ago, DaSh!t said:

There's a good chance they marry. Jon needs her dragons to fight the WW and she needs him to unite the north with the rest of the 7k. They may not marry for love but for need of each other. Once she and Tyrion find out he is KITN and doesnt care about the rest of the 7K they will make their move for him to join them. He will want something in return of course (which is her dragons).

Based on the leaked photos on this link, it sure looks like Jon goes to meet Tyrion and makes some type of deal.

http://winteriscoming.net/2016/10/25/season-7-filming-continues-tantalize-us-new-images/

Uggh, man i hope if they do form an alliance, its just temporary and one of them(preferably jon as I want him to win the crown), ends up killing the other. Don't want to see a dany-jon marriage. I was hoping one of them turned evil and lead the walkers in battle or dany went insane and declared war on all targaryen enemies(thinking any stark, lannister, etc are enemies to do past actions of there families). If this is how it plays out in the show i'll be disappointed. However, i'm really more exicted for the books. Man how close is martin supposed to be to finishing. He's supposed to release it before 2017 right?

On 10/27/2016 at 0:39 AM, DaSh!t said:

They wont marry. You only marry someone you don't trust for a political alliance. Which is why Tywin tried to marry off his children to the Tyrells that had previously been the Lannisters worst enemies in the war of the five kings. GRR Martin knows what marriage is used for to the highborns. Do you think Dany and Jon won't trust each other enough to marry? I don;t think that fits with their characters profile.

So the answer is no.

They will be allys because Jon needs the dragonglass from dragonstone and Danys dragons against the WW and Dany needs the support from the North. But thats it.

I think a union between Jon and Dany is something GoT can very much do, with Dany being the one the propose it in order to form a stronger alliance and because she won’t accept to renounce to the North (almost half of Westeros)… That being said, I really hate the idea. Not only because the aunt/nephew thing (which won’t be easy to process for the “good” characters) but also because I can’t stand Dany anymore, she annoys me with her madness of greatness...

Honestly, I hope there's not a chance at a Jon/Dany marriage. It's too tightly stitched together in a nice bundle for shippers to gobble up and say that their ship was "canon" from the start. It's another Rhaegar/Lyanna mesh up but without the death by childbirth and tragic romance most RxL romanticize. 

I hope they at the very least form an alliance with one another without a marriage pact. It would be nice to see how they interact with one another and both of them later on knowing that they are very well related as Aunt & Nephew. 

On 9/28/2016 at 8:57 AM, Lord Friendzone said:

I personally believe that whether he kneels or not is pretty moot at this stage; what they are facing from the North is huge; Jon knows it, Dany will be convinced sooner rather than later; they join forces or die.  I have been all the way for supporting that people who hate each other, their houses or ways will have to unite happily or not to get at least a chance.  I agree that Dany will encounter strong opposition, otherwise it is anti-climatic, but won't be from Jon.  The Wildlings more than any people know what is out there.  They have accepted Jon and they know he is a "kneeler" a "crow" and they believe him the "bastard son of a kneeler Lord".  If they can take that they can take him kneeling to her IMHO.  I think this is going to be all about priorities; Starks, Lannisters, Targaryens, Baratheons or people on their camp like say Davos etc forgetting house and sigil and past wrongs and going at it together.  Now I don't believe Cersei or Euron will play ball though but that is because they are too blind by the prospect of their own glory to believe the real risk.  There are going to be epic casualties I am sure and we may even see some of our beloved characters die but not all... and more progeny is something I strongly predict.  You can't build a "spring dream" without youngsters and someone has to have them.  Also although I believe there will be some important modernisation; we cannot jump from this medieval setting to us here now so I think political marriages will be important too, some might even warm to love a la Cat and Ned some might not, some parents might die and their orphaned kids be brought up by friends and family but the major houses have to procreate and they haven't been doing this in a while (well our main characters at least).  So I think in the books at least we would see some "reconstruction" process begin.  The bitter sweet to me will partly involve the fact that noone will be entirely happy with the outcome but they will have to compromise to at least have a viable one.  I expect some further understanding of the WW and some sort of truce also, which hey won't make many humans terribly happy... or WWs lol and the Wildlings may take it as outright betrayal, who knows...  I personally think, with or without a clear or powerful monarch, we will be left with a very strong Council with the most capable people - okay my bet could include (for Council) Tyrion as Hand or Regent or something, Sam as Grand Maester, Davos as Master of Ships, Arya as Head of Intelligence, possibly Brienne as Lady Commander of Kings/Queens guard or top General but without the vows of celibacy etc could be wrong on some of them but to me it's heading this way; a monarch or two strong ones in a marriage maybe but strong Council capable of opposing him/her or them.  A step towards something more democratic but not universal sufrage say... now Bran, some kind of Super High Druid I imagine, maybe a bit a la Merlin... not necessarily unmarried though...  Although I am not sold in that Jaime will live, his story line with Brienne and Sam and Gilly incline me to think that those celibacy vows will be scrapped when all is done and dusted.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if Tyrion was the one to do it lol or even Jon, if he makes it.

On 11/7/2016 at 5:31 PM, Morgana Lannister said:

I okay my bet could include (for Council) Tyrion as Hand or Regent or something

Agreed, assuming Tyrion survives and does not end up ruling himself (maybe with Sansa as Queen).

Who would be 'master of coin' ?

, Sam as Grand Maester,

Davos as Master of Ship

These make good sense.   Agree.

s, Arya as Head of Intelligence,

If Varys doesn't make it ... yep.

What about Gendry?  or would he just be Lord of Storms End as head of House Baratheon?

possibly Brienne as Lady Commander of Kings/Queens guard or top General but without the vows of celibacy etc

hmmm... so she and jamie could be together.   ;)

or Brienne and Tormund ;)

Kings/Queens guard 1st LC would have to be Jorah Mormont.  If Jorah doesn't make it, then he may end up being posthumously honored with the title and/or have some award or title or position named after him.  But at some point... Brienne as Lady Commander.  Agree.

I would exped the Guard to include (assuming these folks make it) : Jorah, Brienne, Sandor.  Maybe Jamie.  Maybe Grey Worm.  Maybe Tormund.   Maybe even a Sand Snake, also.

could be wrong on some of them but to me it's heading this way; a monarch or two strong ones in a marriage maybe but strong Council capable of opposing him/her or them.  A step towards something more democratic but not universal sufrage say...

Hmmmm ... true.  A bigger step would be establishment of a Parliament or 'Estates General'.

On 11/10/2016 at 5:57 AM, Thror Baratheon said:

Agreed, assuming Tyrion survives and does not end up ruling himself (maybe with Sansa as Queen).

Who would be 'master of coin' ?

These make good sense.   Agree.

If Varys doesn't make it ... yep.

What about Gendry?  or would he just be Lord of Storms End as head of House Baratheon?

hmmm... so she and jamie could be together.   ;)

or Brienne and Tormund ;)

Kings/Queens guard 1st LC would have to be Jorah Mormont.  If Jorah doesn't make it, then he may end up being posthumously honored with the title and/or have some award or title or position named after him.  But at some point... Brienne as Lady Commander.  Agree.

I would exped the Guard to include (assuming these folks make it) : Jorah, Brienne, Sandor.  Maybe Jamie.  Maybe Grey Worm.  Maybe Tormund.   Maybe even a Sand Snake, also.

Hmmmm ... true.  A bigger step would be establishment of a Parliament or 'Estates General'.

We seem to be very in tune with how we see the ending or would like to see it lol  Totally agree with Jorah getting a big title like that or being very honoured posthumously.  There are a few too many "ifs" up in the air at the moment.  I think Tyrion is one of the most likely ones to survive unless Sansa stays with him, gets the throne and they become a little Ned/Cat (which a lot of the readership would hate) and then George kills him off to make Sansa a little more tragic but it sounds a bit unlikely that he would sacrifice a really, really major character for the sake of a more minor one's arc.  I know she is going to be big but she started off not quite as a full member of the "famous five" (i.e. Jon, Dany, Bran, Arya, Tyrion).

I agree that Gendry will be there for a reason which will be to continue the Baratheon house.  I think he is definitely surviving too.

Jon I think it would be "over-killed" pardon the pun to kill him again being as he is such a major, major character.  If it is between him and Dany my gold dragons are on Jon having more chances than her but they are both so major is very hard to say if one or both or none will make it.

The one I am like totally 100% survives, although is more of side-kick at the moment is Sam though.  I think he and Gilly are meant for the "rebuilding phase" also we have an important plot point in showing that a marriage with a wildling would help show acceptance that we are all people after all plus killing him off wouldn't serve a major political plot would simply make us readers tearful I guess and impact on other characters' arcs like say Jon.

With Varys/Arya; I would actually love it if he had the official title, say, but she counter-acted him, a bit like the leading party and the opposition.  I think Varys is excellent at his job but cannot be fully trusted so someone has to check up on him and vice-versa Arya on her on unless she can finally detach herself more from her emotions (sames goes for Tyrion) and gives up her thirst for revenge she would need checking upon to.  To me, this on a spin off would be priceless! I mean Varys and Arya; Varys v Arya.

Now, we all seem to struggle finding a Master of Coin lol  Wracking my brains for one character we already know and struggling...

I definitely would love the Council we are figuring out between the two of us lol but it seems a little too much wishful thinking, a little too "happy ever after" but would love it though...

Archived