[spoilers] What You Liked/The Positivity Thread

Aniel

In the interests of being balanced (as there is the Criticise without repercussion already) and to give a platform to those who don't wish to discuss the episode but wish to give praise where praise is due. This thread is not intended as a place to discuss the episode, as there will be plenty of other threads available for that  

Please respect the intent of this thread. That includes not delivering backhanded criticism (e.g. "The end credits")

1. Cersei stopping Tommen from attending the trial. In vain.
  2. Tommen checking out.
  3. Margaery figuring it out.
  4. Everything backfiring on the High Sparrow.
  5. Getting to see Lancel knowing what’s about to happen and trying his best to prevent it.
  6. Jaime disappproves -100
  7. Cersei crowning herself and everyone is like ”... shit...”
  8. The Queen of Thorns telling the Sand Snakes to shut up. Varys being the one to say ”Fire and blood”.
  9. ARYA MADE THE FREY PIE! I was waiting for her to show up and then she does it with a pie! Also, now the two Stark girls have removed 2/3 of the people behind the Red Wedding. Well, Ramsay got to Roose first, but Sansa ended their family so....
  10. ”Winter is here.”
  11. Sansa telling Jon he’s a Stark to her.
  12. Davos letting Mel have it. Mel’s responses were nice too.
  13. Finally seeing ”Fletcher”.
  14. Going straight from the Tower of Joy to Jon.
  15. Dany breaking up with Daario.
  16. ”I’m not sure if it’s right...” (it’s supposed to be gold, but close enough) but yay! Tyrion being made Hand of the Queen and Dany admitting that she really doesn’t know all that much about Westeros.
  17. The Maester.
  18. The Citadel’s library. Give it to me. Please.
  19. The fact that Daenerys is wearing a bunch of black now – yay for house colours!

There's probably more, but I have to leave something for you guys to say... :)

I thought the whole thing was magnificent. I think it was the best episode they've ever done - I'm not joking.

It was the best hour of television I can remember watching. I think the score in particular was one of the all-time great bits of television scoring.

• Tommen flying
  • Sansa cockblocking LF
  • Cersei's new outfit, a real evil queen
  • Jon as KitN (the best scene)
  • Lancel trying to reach the candle, I was like "stop Lancel, stop, let them burn, let them burn"
  • Sansa telling Jon he’s a Stark to her
  • Cersei in the iron throne, that was majestic.

There wasn't much to dislike besides some very small flaws to be honest....this episode was a hell of a ride, simply amazing. I'll always remember that King's Landing wildfire scene. 

I really don't understand some of the people in the rant topic....people who even nitpick on cersei's clothing...really???

I pretty much loved everything, therefore I will list the things I liked the most:

- Margaery's Death. I'm really, really sad about it, she was one of my favorites, but I thought it did her justice. She was the one, who figured out, that something was wrong. A last scene that showed, that she was indeed clever. She was beaten in the end, but who would assume, that Cersei would blow up the sept with wildfire? At least her death was quick. And the music was incredible in this scene.

- Cersei: I loved her clothes, she looked stunning in this episode. And Lena's acting was great, especially the change of her facial expression, whe she wanted to see the remains of Tommen and when she is actually seeing him.

- Sansa and Jon: I'm just glad, that I don't have to read anymore theories about her being pregnant, her hating Jon, her not telling Jon about the army etc.I loved when Sansa declared, that Jon is a true Stark in her eyes.

- Lady Mormont: I love her and her speeches.

- The ending scene with the fleet and Martell, Tyrell, Greyjoy and Targaryen banners on the ships. It looked amazing.

- Arya: "They are already here" and Frey slowly realising what it means.

3 minutes ago, Thoros of beer said:

I really don't understand some of the people in the rant topic....people who even nitpick on cersei's clothing...really???

That thread is ridiculous. I'm respecting the "without repercussions" bit by not posting there, but it makes me want to scream sometimes. Some of these people seem to hate the fact that the show has dragons in it because it's not realistic, which begs the question why they read the books in the first place. The nitpicking is dreadful, too. The show can do dumb things sometimes, and this season has been very light on the detail that makes the books the masterpieces that they are - but it's a television show! If you want to enjoy all the little conversations Littlefinger has on his journeys, and read about the inns he stayed at, and who he talked to, and what they said, and what's happening with the little houses, that's what the books are for.

This is a television show made for people who did not read the books. It is not going to tell us what the Blackwoods and the Brackens are doing to each other. Some things are going to seem implausible to people who are steeped in the lore of the books.

None of that excuses the show doing things that are illogical on their own terms - like the mess they've made of Dorne, which is something we can all complain about, but the level of crybabying in those threads is pathetic.

9 minutes ago, Johnimus said:

This is a television show made for people who did not read the books. It is not going to tell us what the Blackwoods and the Brackens are doing to each other. Some things are going to seem implausible to people who are steeped in the lore of the books.

Not sure if I agree with you there, why shouldn't it be made for both audiences, not all of us Bookreaders care how many eggs Willas Tyrell eats for breakfast. And Cersei's new dress IS absolutely hideous. Pretty much all of the leading actresses (except Brienne) wear black now...what do they have against colours?

Aside from that little nitpick...it was a very good episode. I doubt any episode will ever be as good as Blackwater in my eyes, but it was excellent. Lyanna Mormont is just magnificent and I hope we will see a lot more of her next season. 

I liked that Cersei is finally as evil and batshit as she is supposed to be...they really made me hate her this episode.

And they gave me hope for Jaime again...that last look... strangle the b****!

I loved Sansa declaring for Jon, to me her being unhappy in her very last shot after looking at Littlefinger looked more like she was worried what he might do if he doesn't get his way. She knows what he can do if he wants to...

I'm glad Daenerys is going to Westeros, this is why I like the show and liked this season in general, it feels like it is finally diverging on the promises made waaaaaaay back in book/season 1.

I can't wait for next season.

Cersei being so motherfucking ruthless is great. She really is a heartless, mass murdering bitch. I felt sorry for the septa, this scene gave me the creeps, although I am a huge horror fan (maybe because of it). But I was surprised she let the mountain do the torturing, not Qyburn (see Lady Falyse i the books). Seeing her on the iron throne was something i didn't expect.

The dread on tommens face. I pitied the boy from the beginning. And his suicide..... oh my.

Loras: for the first and last time had a great scene. I felt so sorry for him. Poor broken creature. Marge sensing that someting is going downhill for real.

Queen of thornes verbally kicking the sand fakes in the face.

Cerseis' clothes. Amazing. 

Larry finally getting back to business ( I hope so). He MUST hate Cersei for her madness, as he hated Aerys for it.

Walder Frey finally getting killed by Arya (we all knew it for ever that he will be her first kill back in Westeros).

Little Lady Mormont kicking ass.

Dany FINALLY moving her arse towards Westeros. 

There was a lot to like about this episode.

My list:

- Margaery standing up to the High Septon in front of everyone.  She really deserved to escape the inferno. :-(

- Tommen's suicide and the way it was filmed.  Shocking and completely unexpected.

- The scene between Melisandre, Davos and Jon was perfect.  Davos holding back the tears was heartbreaking.

- Stunning special effects and use of music, especially in the opening scenes.

- Daenerys' and Cersei's gowns (but not Gilly's.  What was it with that potato sack???  Couldn't they have given her something ordinary as opposed to making her look like she escaped from Horn Hill naked and had to improvise?  Meanwhile, her hair was still styled...  Sorry, negative comment in a positive thread, but I just had to say it).

- Lady Mormont.  I love that kid.

34 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

And Cersei's new dress IS absolutely hideous. Pretty much all of the leading actresses (except Brienne) wear black now...what do they have against colours?

Well, Cersei and the Queen of thornes are in mourning. Usually one wears black on this occasion. I don't see black o Dany, Marge, the bitches in Dorne...;)

The entire opening sequence with the Sept blowing up was beautifully done.

So much satisfaction when Arya killed Lord Frey.  

King in the North Scene and Dany setting sail were both epic.  That Mormont actress is such badass. I hope she's in S7.

The episode left me so hyped.  I need Winds now goddamnit, George's slow ass is pissing me off, urgh  :angry:  

I'm going to go with literally everything minus Varys being on Dany's ship at the end because that bothered me for several reasons and felt unnecessary to boot.

But otherwise literally everything.

Special shoutout to the music.

Another shoutout to the Targ sigil on Dany's fleet--THE FEELS WERE REAL.

Also Arya's revenge.

The Jon/Sansa smile at Winter having arrived. 

I could go on forever. Loved it. 

11 minutes ago, Marylou said:

Well, Cersei and the Queen of thornes are in mourning. Usually one wears black on this occasion. I don't see black o Dany, Marge, the bitches in Dorne...;)

Dany has been wearing nothing but black since Vaes Dothrak (the "biker Babe" outfit, then the beautiful greco-roman dress she wore to the meetings with the Greyjoys/Daario and the black dress she wore on the ship)

Margaery doesn't wear anything anymore :-( She never got to flaunt the green like the old costume designer promised....

The Bitches in Dorne are nowhere leading actresses.

I'm speaking of

Sansa -> Black Wolf dress (still better than her hideous "Darth Sansa" dress and I like the embroidery)

Daenerys -> Black since Vaes Dothrak, not even with a little red thrown in (though the cut of the two dresses is very nice).

Cersei -> Black, she might be in mourning, but that doesn't excuse the hideous silver ornaments and the overall hideous cut.

Olenna -> Black (okay, mourning)

Brienne, Asha> Warrior Garb, brownish-black

Melisandre -> Just exited, who knows when we'll see her next

Arya -> Is a child and in any case I don't see her ever walxzing around in stunning dresses like we have seen in seasons past.

Episode was fantastic. The North sort of remembered, even if it took them winning to do so. Lyanna Mormont has kind of filled Wyman's role...and is brilliant enough to make it authentic.

Cersei's gone full on Mad Queen, and with no kids left to show her vulnerabilities or make her look at all sympathetic, she's one of the show's biggest villains again. She's always more easy to hate when she's in power.

R + L = J is confirmed, and the cut away from the kid to Jon was very good.

Even Dorne was quite entertaining on account of Olenna shitting all over the Sand Snakes with her fantastic verbal put-downs. Glad she's been kept alive.

Archived