[spoilers] What You Liked/The Positivity Thread

Aniel

Just about everything was pretty awesome. 

The R+L=J

That feeling of impending horror during the whole KL bit up until the explosion. (gods i miss Marg already)

Frey Pie

Dany finally moving out (and dumping Daario)

Lyanna Mormont is my precious babygirl and i love her forever.

That beautiful transition from the baby in Ned's arms to Jon's face and his crowning.

Tommen's starkly silent noping out.

Cersei's pauldrons, come on that shit is awesome. How can peeps hate on that dress?

Sam and Oldtown. My gods, that Hightower! unnnnfggghhhh

14 hours ago, Thoros of beer said:

There wasn't much to dislike besides some very small flaws to be honest....this episode was a hell of a ride, simply amazing. I'll always remember that King's Landing wildfire scene. 

I really don't understand some of the people in the rant topic....people who even nitpick on cersei's clothing...really???

This..

14 hours ago, Johnimus said:

That thread is ridiculous.

and so much this.

Best episode in the series so far, in every sense.

12 hours ago, Vuron said:

I guess that I'm the only one, but I thought the scene with Dany and Tyrion was the best of the night.  After so many years of books/show/seasons, Tyrion finally found a place where he belongs and is wanted.  I know many people seem to hate these Tyrion scenes of him just chatting it up, but they are some of my favorite scenes.  I guess I'm a little different in that I don't need huge battle scenes, mass deaths, and epic double crosses to enjoy.  I love the books because of the inner monologue and character insight we get and these scenes are the closest we get to that.

I love little Lyana.  Such a great character and I love the way she delivers her lines.

I think I must also be the only one that loved Cersei's dress. 

Agree with everything, but especially want to respond to the bit about Cersei's dress--I am SHOCKED that many people disliked it. That dress gave me my life . From the moment I saw Lena in that high-necked, silver epaulette-finished, A-line black number, I was hooked. I can't fathom not loving it. 

20 hours ago, Johnimus said:

That thread is ridiculous. I'm respecting the "without repercussions" bit by not posting there, but it makes me want to scream sometimes.

I do post on that thread too but I keep it to details that don't just don't make sense to me.  However, the people who dominate the thread seem not to know that the definition of criticism is "the analysis and judgement of the merits and faults of a literary or artistic work."

I made the mistake of saying something positive in a comment there and some people there jumped on me like wights on anything with a pulse.  LOL

19 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

Sansa -> Black Wolf dress (still better than her hideous "Darth Sansa" dress and I like the embroidery)

Daenerys -> Black since Vaes Dothrak, not even with a little red thrown in (though the cut of the two dresses is very nice).

I think Daenerys' draped gown when she met the Greyjoys was charcoal grey and Sansa's wolf dress was dark blue.  The colours in general are darker than before.  I like it.  It's in keeping with the more sombre tone of the story.

21 minutes ago, storm.131 said:

I do post on that thread too but I keep it to details that don't just don't make sense to me.  However, the people who dominate the thread seem not to know that the definition of criticism is "the analysis and judgement of the merits and faults of a literary or artistic work."

I made the mistake of saying something positive in a comment there and some people there jumped on me like wights on anything with a pulse.  LOL

I haven't made the same experience. I rant about what there is to rant, and I like what there is to like. I have never been bashed for saying sth positive on the rant-thread (and I am there often).

6 hours ago, LadyArwen said:

Agree with everything, but especially want to respond to the bit about Cersei's dress--I am SHOCKED that many people disliked it. That dress gave me my life . From the moment I saw Lena in that high-necked, silver epaulette-finished, A-line black number, I was hooked. I can't fathom not loving it. 

Hmm... haven't spotted the rant posts about the dress yet. Gotta go to the rant thread (my home :P ) and sets things straight: The dress was awesome. Actually, I thought it was even TOO good for Cersei right now, you know, cause she's practically insane/stupid/psychotic and screwed anyways considering the coming armada from Essos. I wish they put such a fierce dress on a more deserving character (like when a proper Dark Sansa would have appeared or whatever).

6 minutes ago, rayarts said:

I haven't made the same experience. I rant about what there is to rant, and I like what there is to like. I have never been bashed for saying sth positive on the rant-thread (and I am there often).

I guess the wrong person just read the positive comment which was part of my list of things I thought should have been done better LOL

I enjoyed everything in this episode....the opening was tense, the music was beautiful, R&L=J finally!!

I thought it was an artistic choice to have all the ladies in dark mourning colours, it felt like this was symbolic of the end of the second act of the show and the death of the old ways.  We are now moving into Act 3, the final act which will completely change Westeros.

I did find it a bit weird that Varys popped up at the end, I wonder if they had to cut a scene out or edit the episode slightly different which meant it was more out of place than it should have been.

21 hours ago, Johnimus said:

I thought the whole thing was magnificent. I think it was the best episode they've ever done - I'm not joking.

It was the best hour of television I can remember watching. I think the score in particular was one of the all-time great bits of television scoring.

Couldn't agree more. The musical score was magnificent. I can't think of anything better, except perhaps for the music from Tyrion's last scene in KL where he executes Tywin and Shae. 

Cersei was also brilliant. Her descent into madness is now complete.

I just watched it again and I found the music equally as amazing as the first time.

There was much else to like:

Pycell biting the dust and Qyburn's dialogue 'Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest' - which leads me to Dany's dragons swooping over her fleet.

Olenna finally made a scene in Dorne worth watching :D

The way Tommen jumped.

The way the wildfire reflected in Lancel's eyes.

And possibly my favourite moment of all - when that bell from the sept pink misted someone :) That was on par with the guy in Titanic hitting the prop as he tumbled into the water.

There are so many enjoyable things about this episode....

I think the choices in clothing colors for the Sansa/Dany/Cersei, really reflects more on power (sort of a personal power/coming into their own type of thing) and where their stories are going, than anything else.

Cersei's black gown seems to be based on the women's Elizabethan doublet , which were worn during the reign of Elizabeth I (worn probably around 1560-1580-ish, IIRC).  Personally,  I think the dress is fantastic. It's meant to make a statement, and does it ever.

Lady Lyanna Mormont really knocked it out of the park--what a wonderful job the actress did in her portrayal!

The cinematography was very well done, and the music score was the icing on the cake.

I am a book reader who loves the show as well, I thought this was a pretty damn good season considering they were just manly going off details that GRRM has given them, no written source to really follow. My favorite parts of this episode were in the North. Loved Jon being named KITN, and the Tower of Joy reveal was everything I had hoped it would be. I am in the camp that considers R+L=J confirmed. With only 13 episodes to go, I can start to see the end shaping up. I never post in the criticize thread because I just don't get why people could complain so much about something. If you don't like it that much, stop watching! Also, great final shot of Dany sailing home and Jaime's look at the end, priceless!

Archived