[spoilers] What You Liked/The Positivity Thread

Aniel

The Northerner got the correct old-style present perfect to match up with “Winter is coming”:

“The Boltons are defeated. The war is over. Winter is come. Is the maesters are right, it'll be the coldest one in a thousand years.”

See? They said “is come” instead of the modern “has come”.  It sounded nice, as did the Northern vowel in “come”.

On 2016-06-28 at 1:31 AM, Florina Laufeyson said:

Just about everything was pretty awesome. 

The R+L=J

That feeling of impending horror during the whole KL bit up until the explosion. (gods i miss Marg already)

Frey Pie

Dany finally moving out (and dumping Daario)

Lyanna Mormont is my precious babygirl and i love her forever.

That beautiful transition from the baby in Ned's arms to Jon's face and his crowning.

Tommen's starkly silent noping out.

Cersei's pauldrons, come on that shit is awesome. How can peeps hate on that dress?

Sam and Oldtown. My gods, that Hightower! unnnnfggghhhh

Hey, I agree with all of this. Vel gert.

I liked the Frey Pie though I would have liked to see him actually eat it. But the revenge was sweet. Revenge is a dish best served pie. (Note as someone wrote in another thread, that the Arya disguised as servant girl also appeared earlier, pouring wine to Jaime and flirting with him as Bronn pointed out. A bit later she is looking at him across the room to make him go with her. She would no doubt have killed him then.)

Tommen's death was so fitting for Tommen. This was a terrible family he was born into. What could he do now? He is not strong enough to rule on his own, and was never brought up to be a ruler. And it was his own mother who murdered his beloved wife and faith guru. All he had left now was Ser Pounce, and knowing Cersei she was probably picking her teeth with his whiskers already.

Cersei's dress with armor on her shoulders - perfect symbolism for her new role as warlord. No more fancy arguments, she'll grab a sword and fight any who comes to take it, playing the game of thrones until the bitter end.

Fleet of ships sailing, I always love that kind of scene. I have always loved ships. Only wish we could have seen the Iron Fleet do battle.

Archived