He is the white wolf - Jon Snow / Geralt of Rivia

This bears no consequence to plot or anything but just a very honorable feeling of mutual homage and appreciation for two great pieces of story telling.

Manderly says, "Jon snow avenged the red wedding he is the white wolf, king in the north". Is this some sort of homage to Geralt of Rivia. There is no relevance to the term White wolf in the ASOIAF world, but for the color of Jon snows Direwolf. It could probably be D&D / GRRM paying homage to Andrzej Sapkowski's works of the Witcher universe.  

Andrzej Sapkowski himself has said he is a big fan of GRRM, in one of his interviews.

Bah, that's just silly OP.  Of course, Jon isn't Geralt!  I mean, it's not like they're both dark and brooding swordsmen who are a part of an order that are devoted to protecting the world from monsters... an order that isn't particularly respected and even ostracized.... or that they underwent some creepy voodoo that brought them back from death... or... 

Ah hell, Jon might actually be Geralt.

28 minutes ago, Apathetic Onlooker said:

Bah, that's just silly OP.  Of course, Jon isn't Geralt!  I mean, it's not like they're both dark and brooding swordsmen who are a part of an order that are devoted to protecting the world from monsters... an order that isn't particularly respected and even ostracized.... or that they underwent some creepy voodoo that brought them back from death... or... 

Ah hell, Jon might actually be Geralt.

exactly ... see this as i thought on its strangely similar :

Its almost co incidental how hes addressed as the white wolf, just as i finished the last expansion and content they plan to release in the Witcher universe in some time. Part of me smiled with joy to this reference.

I thought about Geralt born of which a witch and warrior, forced to join the wolf school and made to undergo the Trial of Grasses. Hes captured by the Wild Hunt, he suffers from amnesia and helped regained fragments of it via a 'Red Witch' i.e. Triss Merrigold. Scorned looked down upon by Humans.

Jon Snow high born but bastardized, to be kept safe. Made to join the nights watch, captured by wildings, welcomed by the wildlings and then defects back to the Nights watch and is raised from the dead by a red head witch .

2 minutes ago, Quyen Thuy Tran said:

CGI team declared a rest after ep 9 lol

lol ... We blow up the sept and go home !!! no more direwolves ...

3 minutes ago, Vernon Roche said:

There is only one King in the North, and his name is Foltest.

The Master of Siege, loved him. I still play his seige buff in Gwent. He seemed much better than most of the Rulers on either side of the Pontar. He would also teach Jon snow a thing or two about a good seige.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2016 at 6:21 PM, Slaysman said:

And do not forget they both banged red headed women in a cave.

Except the one Geralt banged was a woman he could definitely brag about, not some scrawny, pug faced, crooked toothed, unwashed ugly minger.(Ygritte in the books that is)

On 6/27/2016 at 3:04 PM, Vernon Roche said:

There is only one King in the North, and his name is Foltest.

Says the man who whored his country and himself out to Tywin Lanniste.... I mean Emhyr 

Archived