Is Tyrion in love with Daenerys?

On 6/27/2016 at 10:20 AM, TickTak7 said:

I don't think it was "love" that Tyrion was showing. 

More admiration. 

Tyrion killed his father, killed his beloved, and then fled from everything he had ever known, and became a depressed drunk. 

Until Dany gave him reason to believe and hope again. 

I think that's what we saw, rather than actual feelings towards her. 

I could be wrong though, but that's how I interpreted that scene. 

On 6/27/2016 at 10:45 AM, aceluby said:

Nope, nothing there outside of admiration and a sense of finally belonging.  It's all he's really wanted.

Yeah what you guys (and a bunch of others) said. I think he respects her. Perhaps more than he respects any other human being. Tyrion has likely given up on romantic love. And i feel like he looks at her and sees not just vengeance on his family, but a reason to keep fighting. Its beyond "Aegon the Conqueror with teats", its "this person gives me hope that things can be made of light."  

7 hours ago, Travis said:

He is not in love with her. In fact, upon my second watch, it looked more to me like Dany was giving Tyrion eyes. But it seems to me that Dany almost has to marry Jon, after she legitimizes him as a Targaryan. How else would she be able to pass on the family legacy and name, and produce Targaryan heirs instead of Stark or Lannister heirs, since the name is passed down by the father?

Agreed here.

It was quite heavy handed in this episode, the whole marriage thing - Dany tells Daario that she needs to be open to wed, just at the same time that women are basically beginning to take power everywhere. 

There aren't exactly any notable bachelors for Dany in Westeros, other than Jon. Jaime? Not happening. Tyrion? Nope. That really only leaves Jon. 

On 6/27/2016 at 4:15 AM, LastManStanding said:

When Tyrion said to her that Darrio was not the first to love her and won't be the last, there was definitely a look that he had, especially when she walked away... So... any thoughts?

Maybe that is also why he is trying to drive them away one by one but I don't consider Tyrion that selfish of a person. I do think there is something there and I feel sorry for the poor fellow if the case. 

What really pulled my heartstrings was the fact that for once in his life, Tyrion is being HONORED for the work he has done and HE IS APPRECIATED! Tywin almost just threw him the Hand to get back at Cersei and Geoff for being such fools. Thereafter, he was treated like dirt and there were attempts on his life. He is doing what he loves and being respected for it. 

Dany really seems to have all the good, honorable people on her side!

Archived