Can we talk about the music?

I'd just like to take a minute to talk about the music in this episode and how freaking epic and amazing it was, especially in the KL scenes and the library at the Citadel. But really the entire episode, I just couldn't get over it. 

As a musician and a huge fan of both the show and the books...I can absolutely appreciate the vast limb Ramin Djwadi stepped out on for this episode in particular. The music is written and evolves in such a way as to almost further the storyline itself, alongside the writing. He writes scenes so well...as was evident in King's Landing...with the inclusion of the Piano which I don't think we have heard before. The Piano is new, and it perfectly mirror's the Faith of the Seven or..."The NEW gods..." Something very gothic and eerie about it, wrapped in a layer of "light" and "goodness" the faith of the seven professes. The inclusion of the Organ mirrors this as well.

This kind of writing can also be heard in the ending scene, where he meshes Dany's theme with the Greyjoy theme really well. He does character themes impeccably as well...my personal favorite being the score to the end credits scene of Episode One. "The Red Woman" takes the eerie and ominous melody we've known to be attributed to R'hllor, and up until now, Stannis, and twists it so that the variation we hear perfectly details Melisandre. Where as before, The Lord of Lights theme was predominately eerie and creepy...The Red Woman variation add's a touch of beauty.

Really really loved the soundtrack and score for the entire season. And I hope it continues to evolve and surprise. 

1 minute ago, Ian of Asshai said:

As a musician and a huge fan of both the show and the books...I can absolutely appreciate the vast limb Ramin Djwadi stepped out on for this episode in particular. The music is written and evolves in such a way as to almost further the storyline itself, alongside the writing. He writes scenes so well...as was evident in King's Landing...with the inclusion of the Piano which I don't think we have heard before. This can also be heard in the ending scene, where he meshes Dany's theme with the Greyjoy theme really well. He does character themes impeccably as well...my personal favorite being the score to the end credits scene of Episode One. "The Red Woman" takes the eerie and ominous melody we've known to be attributed to R'hllor, and up until now, Stannis, and twists it so that the variation we hear perfectly details Melisandre. Where as before, The Lord of Lights theme was predominately eerie and creepy...The Red Woman variation add's a touch of beauty.

Really really loved the soundtrack and score for the entire season. And I hope it continues to evolve and surprise. 

This ^^

I love how themes for certain characters, particularly Daeny "evolve" as the story progresses. The theme for daeny causing carnage with dragons has pretty much evolved from the same theme present when she took the unsullied in astapor back in season 3 but has changed and grown grander nearly every season.

3 minutes ago, FoyeTwenty Boston said:

That's what was perfect about it. Very moving in a, "not knowing what direction it's going" sort of way. It was giving me anxiety lol

If it was giving you anxiety, it means the composer did his job. I'm certain that's the reaction Ramin was going for.

1 hour ago, Rumy Stark said:

I'd just like to take a minute to talk about the music in this episode and how freaking epic and amazing it was, especially in the KL scenes and the library at the Citadel. But really the entire episode, I just couldn't get over it. 

Completely agree, it was so sad.  It just felt really emotional.  

Archived