Can we talk about the music?

The entire beginning until bombing was  truly outstanding piece. It was like watching an opera. Music so wonderfully followed the events and that synergy between picture and music... All hails to Mr Djawadi.

1 minute ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

I didn't liked the music either. It seemed overhasty and not in GoT's style.

Not in GOT style? Come on... Half of the themes are being derived from already existing themes, especially the North and Daenerys music, plus that somber, creeping Rains tune.

1 minute ago, Risto said:

Not in GOT style? Come on... Half of the themes are being derived from already existing themes, especially the North and Daenerys music, plus that somber, creeping Rains tune.

I am not saying that it wasn't good I am just saying that some times it felt off and it seemed like it tried to make people feel things.

I thought the music complimented the scenes perfectly! Wonderful music this season, especially the last 2 episodes! The ToJ & KitN reveal was stunning, as well as the music from the Battle of the Bastards last week!

When I first heard the piano track in the youtube leak, I thought it was fake, because I don't remember Djawadi using this instrument in previous Game of Thrones seasons and it was no easy for me to imagine how well will it fit in the chapter. But now I understand, the way the first part of the episode is filmed fits wonderfully with the music. It's like a kind of music video clip that changes completely the mood of the sequence and makes it something special.

The Citadel theme is also very inspiring.

And the re-score of the Thargarien theme, with that greater strength with those strings. I was blown away in the battle of Mereen when Dany is flying with Drogon. And it sound also beautifully in the last track of the season, that reminds me another favourite of mine, The Children from two seasons before if I am not wrong.

the music was amazing this episode. I bought the soundtrack last week and was very surprised at the "Light of the Seven" as it was completely different than anything we have heard previously. It's a long track too, close to 10 minutes.  It fit the KL scenes perfectly. Just amazing.  How Djawadi hasn't even got an emmy nomination up to this point is shocking to me.

5 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Make you feel not trying to force you to feel things. 

I see what you're saying. I definitely felt things, though. I had mega goosebumps during some scenes and the piano in the beginning and the lead up to the wildfire had me feeling incredibly anxious, even though I knew what was going to happen. It was really spot-on for me and the way all of the music in the ep was absolutely stood out to me as setting the tone and adding incredible depth to every scene, but like with all things it's natural that it didn't really work for some people. That's the nature of art--there is no such thing as a universally good/moving piece of art. So either it got you or it didn't, and in this case it got me.

Archived