The Red Wedding, The Purple Wedding and The ... Trial?

7 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

Once again, grab Tommen and run.  Grab Tommen so he can't be used against her in a Gregor stand (in a small area, since he seems impervious to wounds, I'm not sure he could be overrun). It is still an incredible leap of logic to assume mass murder.

You can't just kidnap the king. I don't know that she landed on mass murder... Haven't you ever had a feeling of, "I should leave, something isnt right"? Idunno, it didn't seem that off to me.

6 minutes ago, Winter Rose Crown said:

You can't just kidnap the king. I don't know that she landed on mass murder... Haven't you ever had a feeling of, "I should leave, something isnt right"? Idunno, it didn't seem that off to me.

True, if anything her and Tommen's absence should have immediately aroused suspicions, before Loras' trial/confession even began.

1 hour ago, JonSnow4President said:

Which is an incredible leap of logic.  If a bankrupt (house Lannister is out of money), powerless person who only has one zombie and a maesterish person in her employ doesn't show up for a trial, why should everyone here is in danger be the default assumption.  Why not her running for Casterly Rock, or her planning on hiding behind Ser Gregor at the Red Keep, etc.  

I totally buy that she should be able to figure out that Cersei not coming means Cersei has a plan for not showing up at the trial.  But nothing like mass murder without some impressive omniscient abilities.

Because Cersei doesn't run for cover nor does she really hide IMO. She builds walls like using the Mountain, but I don't believe she truly hides. Also Margaery's leap of logic could have been something along the lines of Cersei's not here, Tommen's not here- the person she wants to protect, all of Cersei's enemies are in the same place all at once. Something bad is going to happen.

16 hours ago, Jarl Halstein said:

Or the Trial by Fire

Jarl nailed it, "Trial by Fire."

I'd probably make it "Trial by Green Fire," to keep the color motif going, but I admit that's a bit wordy, and Jarl struck the bullseye, "Trial by Fire."

I liked the name given by the OST: Light of the seven
It's even better if we take into account that 7 were the characters that we cared about and died while this was played:
Margaery
Loras
Mace
High Sparrow
Kevan
Lancel
Pycelle

13 hours ago, JonSnow4President said:

Which is an incredible leap of logic.  If a bankrupt (house Lannister is out of money), powerless person who only has one zombie and a maesterish person in her employ doesn't show up for a trial, why should everyone here is in danger be the default assumption.  Why not her running for Casterly Rock, or her planning on hiding behind Ser Gregor at the Red Keep, etc.  

I totally buy that she should be able to figure out that Cersei not coming means Cersei has a plan for not showing up at the trial.  But nothing like mass murder without some impressive omniscient abilities.

The Blackwater was no secret, I can see Margy knowing what kind of firepower Cersei has access to and putting it together at the last moment. It wouldn't be like she definitely knew the sept would go up in wildfire, but "this is Cersei we're dealing with, so the best result would be her fleeing the city. The worst would be..."

But I think it would have been cool if Margy suddenly stopped panicking and fixed the High Sparrow with a cold stare and said "You know what happened on the Blackwater, don't you?" and then the shock of understanding on his face and he is just about to order his guards to clear the sept and whoosh...

And yeah, the whole Lancel sequence was idiotic. In fact, it would have been better if Lancel had been halfway to the Red Keep when the sept went up. That would likely have left him as the most senior member of the FM, hell bent on retribu, er, holy justice for the queen. Could have been a major showdown with Jaime next season.

7 minutes ago, John Suburbs said:

The Blackwater was no secret, I can see Margy knowing what kind of firepower Cersei has access to and putting it together at the last moment. It wouldn't be like she definitely knew the sept would go up in wildfire, but "this is Cersei we're dealing with, so the best result would be her fleeing the city. The worst would be..."

But I think it would have been cool if Margy suddenly stopped panicking and fixed the High Sparrow with a cold stare and said "You know what happened on the Blackwater, don't you?" and then the shock of understanding on his face and he is just about to order his guards to clear the sept and whoosh...

And yeah, the whole Lancel sequence was idiotic. In fact, it would have been better if Lancel had been halfway to the Red Keep when the sept went up. That would likely have left him as the most senior member of the FM, hell bent on retribu, er, holy justice for the queen. Could have been a major showdown with Jaime next season.

Good thoughts, but Jaime would cut down Lancel in about 3 seconds.

Especially with Bronn next to him.

14 hours ago, saturnianali8r said:

Because Cersei doesn't run for cover nor does she really hide IMO. She builds walls like using the Mountain, but I don't believe she truly hides. Also Margaery's leap of logic could have been something along the lines of Cersei's not here, Tommen's not here- the person she wants to protect, all of Cersei's enemies are in the same place all at once. Something bad is going to happen.

I think Margaery only became really worried when she realized Tommen wasn't here either because she knew that Cersei won't let anything happen to him. 

16 hours ago, Cron said:

I'd probably make it "Trial by Green Fire," to keep the color motif going, but I admit that's a bit wordy, and Jarl struck the bullseye, "Trial by Fire."

Thanks! I kind of like Trial by Fire, though I suspect the Green Trial will win out in keeping with the theme.

3 hours ago, Cron said:

Good thoughts, but Jaime would cut down Lancel in about 3 seconds.

Especially with Bronn next to him.

Bronn is one of the changes from the novels that I really like. He is completely mercenary in his look at things in the novels, to the point where he doesn't care about Tyrion in the least when he is put on trial. In the show he is much more sympathetic and it works. He is one character I expect will survive, simply for the fun of seeing someone who just drifts through the events actually making it, while others who fought so hard to win die instead. But I digress.

17 hours ago, Cron said:

The Trial by WyldFire. 

Archived