Round of 16 (Day 3) Spain/Italy, England/Iceland

The early game today could have very well been the final in other circumstances. I think Spain will manage it as they seem to have a little more forward, but both teams have a back line that is out of this world. I am guessing a low score. I'm also really pulling for the underdog Iceland. They have been by far the most fun team to watch this year. They will almost assuredly lose, but I hope that crowd is exited and chanting for most of the match. 

Yeah, watching this Italy defend is a joy. Hell, their attacking has been pretty damn good too. Conte again proving his tactical nous and it's a real pleasure watching a national side who seems so unified and committed to the team's success. ETA: I hate to think how good Chelsea could be next season under his stewardship.

Can Real Madrid please, please buy De Gea? He's a match winner and will win ManU so many points next season (again) if he stays.

De Gea is awesome. If not for him, Spain would be dead and buried already. Italy have been superb. Rock solid defensively and dangerous when they get forward.

De Gea ain't going anywhere. Confident that he will still be at United next season.

10 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Forza Italia! Great performance. I'm starting to like Conte why does he have to go to Chelsea..

I know, right? I'm gonna dislike ManU more than Chelsea next season now. 

Very impressive by Italy. Should and would have been more if not for De Gea. 

Archived