Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Howdyphillip

Round of 16 (Day 3) Spain/Italy, England/Iceland

The early game today could have very well been the final in other circumstances. I think Spain will manage it as they seem to have a little more forward, but both teams have a back line that is out of this world. I am guessing a low score. I'm also really pulling for the underdog Iceland. They have been by far the most fun team to watch this year. They will almost assuredly lose, but I hope that crowd is exited and chanting for most of the match. 

Normally. But they don't play together in the Euros, while Barzagli, Bonucci and Chiellini does. 

They also play together at club level - so it's no real surprise they dominate defensively.

Yeah, watching this Italy defend is a joy. Hell, their attacking has been pretty damn good too. Conte again proving his tactical nous and it's a real pleasure watching a national side who seems so unified and committed to the team's success. ETA: I hate to think how good Chelsea could be next season under his stewardship.

Can Real Madrid please, please buy De Gea? He's a match winner and will win ManU so many points next season (again) if he stays.

Wow. Spain riding their luck hard. Ref seems to be slipping. Did Silva get a yellow for that tackle on Di Sciglio? I had to leave the room for a second.

This is one of the more biased referees I've seen this tournament -- he is making a lot of calls Spain's way some of which are downright ridiculous.

Time for Del Bosque to go. He is starting to tarnish his legacy now. Probably would have been best four years ago, when he had won both the WC and Euros.

10 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Forza Italia! Great performance. I'm starting to like Conte why does he have to go to Chelsea..

I know, right? I'm gonna dislike ManU more than Chelsea next season now. 

Very impressive by Italy. Should and would have been more if not for De Gea.