Sunspear Sigil on ship

Hi,

did anyone else see the Sunspear sigil on one of the sails of the ships in Danys fleet?

I will re-watch that part on my lunch and get a screen grab, but wondering if I was seeing things... If it was there, then what does that mean? Dorne men went back with Varys and then back again to Westeros?

1 hour ago, M'lady Cynthia Rayder said:

Hi,

did anyone else see the Sunspear sigil on one of the sails of the ships in Danys fleet?

I will re-watch that part on my lunch and get a screen grab, but wondering if I was seeing things... If it was there, then what does that mean? Dorne men went back with Varys and then back again to Westeros?

I mean it explained it in the show....Ellaria offered Olenna vengance, then Varys walks in.  Basically they are joining with Dany.  You see Varys on the ship as well, so it's pretty well laid out from there.  Dorne and the Tyrells are with Dany now.

1 hour ago, M'lady Cynthia Rayder said:

Hi,

that would seem to be correct. Varys took a 10 minute trip around the entire world and then returned with Tyrell and Martell ships...also taking about 10 minutes. Also, the old and proud house Started by Mors Martell and Queen Nymeria of the Rhone had its crowned prince slaughtered in cold blood by his brothers bastard child and that officially makes her in charge of not just house martell (house sand?) but also Princess and commander of the entire dornish military -- not to mention that the aforementioned Queen Nymeria burned all her ships and Dorne has never had a naval presence since.

Nice catch by that Reddit user.

I saw some whispers that they were visible in the final scene, but didn't see them myself - when I was watching the episode I was losing my shit at that stage so very likely I missed many details lol. 

1 hour ago, Rory Snow said:

Seems odd the Tyrells & Martells would sail out to Dany rather than have her meet them in Dorne, but at least it explains the quantity of ships. That was clearly too many to just be from the Masters & Ironborn.

That bothered me, too. But it seems they needed those ships for Dany's army. The slavers' ships & Ironborn ships might not have been enough to take all the Dothraki with them. They needed 1000 ships or something

41 minutes ago, Lyin' Ned said:

And the fact that Olenna murdered his nephew and framed him. 

And the fact that Varys almost had Dany poisoned in season one. 

That would make for some awkward war councils, to say the least. 

Tyrion and Dany discussed that already.

1 hour ago, YOVMO said:

that would seem to be correct. Varys took a 10 minute trip around the entire world and then returned with Tyrell and Martell ships...also taking about 10 minutes. Also, the old and proud house Started by Mors Martell and Queen Nymeria of the Rhone had its crowned prince slaughtered in cold blood by his brothers bastard child and that officially makes her in charge of not just house martell (house sand?) but also Princess and commander of the entire dornish military -- not to mention that the aforementioned Queen Nymeria burned all her ships and Dorne has never had a naval presence since.

I dont think that the sails with the Dornish emblem necessarily mean that they were Dornish ships - I say this because there were clearly ships with Targ emblems on the sails, but we know that there is no Targ fleet either.  I think the sails are just to show now what house they represent.  The ships that had those Dornish emblems may have come from the Masters

2 minutes ago, Trump the Builder said:

I dont think that the sails with the Dornish emblem necessarily mean that they were Dornish ships - I say this because there were clearly ships with Targ emblems on the sails, but we know that there is no Targ fleet either.  I think the sails are just to show now what house they represent.  The ships that had those Dornish emblems may have come from the Masters

I mean, it is possible. However, there is a targ fleet...now. It is the fleet that Danerys Targaryen has commandeered from the masters. At one point she is told that the sails were being painted. I assume that she had all the sails of the ships she took from the masters painted with the three headed dragon and has made that the targ fleet. The ships with the kraken are obviously the 100 ships that came with yara. My assumption was that the ships with the sun and spear were martell ships. I suppose I can be wrong, the writing of the show is so astoundingly bad that it could be anything. 

Good god..

Bothered me too..

So, Dany is going to reach Dorne in tje next few hours????

No, I just asked because Varys went, met the fand fakes (supposedly he is a pet cat who is called by a bell) and comes back with a 100 ships aaaaal the way to Mereen. So damn fast.

1 hour ago, YOVMO said:

This BS gets a bit old.  What day did Varys leave for Dorne?  What day did he arrive?  

What day did he arrive back in Meereen, and when did they leave again?

We could have a show with a bunch of conversations about these things.  It would be terribly boring.  

And, while it is true that Nymeria burned its ships, and does not have a vast navy, it is absurd to suggest Dorne would have no ships.

2 hours ago, YOVMO said:

that would seem to be correct. Varys took a 10 minute trip around the entire world and then returned with Tyrell and Martell ships...also taking about 10 minutes.

To be fair, the fleets most likely met in the narrow sea and are sailing up to king's landing (or going along the south to get to the Iron islands). 

Keep in mind Jaime went from the Twins to KL, so some time has passed.

Just now, Forlong the Fat said:

This BS gets a bit old.  What day did Varys leave for Dorne?  What day did he arrive?  

What day did he arrive back in Meereen, and when did they leave again?

We could have a show with a bunch of conversations about these things.  It would be terribly boring.  

And, while it is true that Nymeria burned its ships, and does not have a vast navy, it is absurd to suggest Dorne would have no ships.

I didn't say they had no ships, I said they had no navy. I assume they have boats. However, no naval tradition which is what makes, say, ironmen so awesome.

The BS that gets old is the shows writers deciding that razzle dazzle is more important than plot and character.

1 minute ago, farm_ecology said:

To be fair, the fleets most likely met in the narrow sea and are sailing up to king's landing (or going along the south to get to the Iron islands). 

Keep in mind Jaime went from the Twins to KL, so some time has passed.

Riding from the twins to KL would be a much shorter trip than sailing from slavers bay to dorne, brokering a deal, getting a naval armada ready to travel and then sailing back. I suppose I can go along with meeting in the narrow sea for the purposes of just moving past it. The teleportation is far from the most egregious part of this travesty of a show.

21 minutes ago, Trump the Builder said:

You are thinking too much.  Dornish sigils on the sails of the ship means that they are Dornish ships.  Same with the Tyell rose on the sails of the Tyrell ships, etc.

Archived