Danny+Greyjoys+Dorne+Tyrells = Overkill?

Dear all,

Danny has around 100,000 Dothraki, 7,000 unsullied (counting some died), possibly 3,000 former slaves

Yara/Theon have around 3,000 (100 ships, 30 crewmen at least per ship)

Dorne should have easily 20-30,000 since while not very populous they haven't been involved in wars since season 1.

Tyrells are the second richest family and probably will have an army of around 30,000 or more.

so Dany has potentially  an army of 170,000. If you taking in account others houses that support the Targaryen may side with her, she could reach 200,000

Against what? 

Lannister should not have more than 40,000. Cersei, is hated by people from Kingslanding, The North will never side with her...

Discuss...

1 hour ago, King Louis II (KLII) said:

Dear all,

Danny has around 100,000 Dothraki, 7,000 unsullied (counting some died), possibly 3,000 former slaves

Yara/Theon have around 3,000 (100 ships, 30 crewmen at least per ship)

Dorne should have easily 20-30,000 since while not very populous they haven't been involved in wars since season 1.

Tyrells are the second richest family and probably will have an army of around 30,000 or more.

so Dany has potentially  an army of 170,000. If you taking in account others houses that support the Targaryen may side with her, she could reach 200,000

Against what? 

Lannister should not have more than 40,000. Cersei, is hated by people from Kingslanding, The North will never side with her...

Discuss...

More meat for the Night King's Army. The fight with the Lannister Army will be anti climactic IMHO

I mean most of Dany's army is built/will be built from desert warriors. None of them know what a Westeros winter is like, and this is the mother of all Winters. At least Stannis's Army had clothing on most of their bodies lol, and we saw what happened to them in the end.

I do not think it is overkill. She is looking to take the Iron Throne. The Lannisters have a huge army, as well as control over the Riverlands. The more people that flock to Dany's cause, the better chances she has of taking over the throne. Would you want to risk the Tyrells and Martells choosing another side, or go ahead and have them and all their power on your side?

Also, the North is NOT the most populous region in Westeros. It is the largest, however is is more sparsely populated that any other region. The Vale is no longer isolated... they have sided with Jon in the North, and I doubt they will just return to not giving any shits about what is going on around them. They are under Littlefinger's control, who has Sweet Robin wrapped around his... well, little finger. Robin also adores his cousin Sansa... I find it hard to believe they will yank their support out from under Jon, who was just proclaimed King in the North. 

6 minutes ago, King Louis II (KLII) said:

By the way, The North is the most populous, but is the area that has suffered more with wars. The North would neither be interested in the Iron Throne nor to defend Lannisters. The Vale is isolationist, they will be more ineterested to return to their place

The North isn't the most populous. It's the largest but sparsely populated

7 minutes ago, King Louis II (KLII) said:

By the way, The North is the most populous, but is the area that has suffered more with wars. The North would neither be interested in the Iron Throne nor to defend Lannisters. The Vale is isolationist, they will be more ineterested to return to their place

The North is the largest in terms of size, not population.

1 minute ago, Mourneblade said:

More meat for the Night King's Army. The fight with the Lannister Army will be anti climactic IMHO

I mean most of Dany's army is built/will be built from desert warriors. None of them know what a Westeros winter is like, and this is the mother of all Winters. At least Stannis's Army had clothing on most of their bodies lol, and we saw what happened to them in the end.

Kings Landing should not be that Cold, and between the Dothraki and the KN there is the  North. I am refering as an overkill to reach the Iron Throne. I suppose she will land on Dorne and not DragonStone

1 minute ago, TheOtherRedWoman said:

I do not think it is overkill. She is looking to take the Iron Throne. The Lannisters have a huge army, as well as control over the Riverlands. The more people that flock to Dany's cause, the better chances she has of taking over the throne. Would you want to risk the Tyrells and Martells choosing another side, or go ahead and have them and all their power on your side?

Do they still control the Riverlands after Walder's death tho?

2 minutes ago, TheOtherRedWoman said:

Also, the North is NOT the most populous region in Westeros. It is the largest, however is is more sparsely populated that any other region. The Vale is no longer isolated... they have sided with Jon in the North, and I doubt they will just return to not giving any shits about what is going on around them. They are under Littlefinger's control, who has Sweet Robin wrapped around his... well, little finger. Robin also adores his cousin Sansa... I find it hard to believe they will yank their support out from under Jon, who was just proclaimed King in the North. 

According to the Books the North is the most populous and Dorne is the Least of Westeros. It is written. And it is known... :P

Perhaps in the Show it isn't

Just now, King Louis II (KLII) said:

Kings Landing should not be that Cold, and between the Dothraki and the KN there is the  North. I am refering as an overkill to reach the Iron Throne. I suppose she will land on Dorne and not DragonStone

You do remember season 2 right? She is walking in the burned out throne room of King's Landing and the snow is coming down?

The Long Night has begun, The White Ravens were sent, the Wall is coming down next Season, and the Winter Storm will cover Westeros in Snow from the Nights Watch to Old Town. Mark My Words.

1 minute ago, Lyin' Ned said:

Do they still control the Riverlands after Walder's death tho?

I'd say they do. They have Edmure, the Tully heir, still imprisoned. Walder's death may be unfortunate for them, but then again, it doesn't meen the Frey's age going to suddenly just rise up against the ones that gave them all the power in the Riverlands in the first place. That seemed to be more about the satisfaction of the fans, tying up a loose end, than a big political statement.

I don't think Dany's problems are going to be martial...By the time she gets there and takes care of Cersei(which I think there will be problems with that aren't losing battles) it will be reaching the climax. Mostly she needs an army for the others

4 minutes ago, King Louis II (KLII) said:

Should I get the page of the book when it explicitely says that?

No need, I know what you're talking about. The North has more people than just the Reach, or just the Stormlands, etc. But not more people than the South is my point.

5 minutes ago, King Louis II (KLII) said:

Should I get the page of the book when it explicitely says that?

"The north is vast in size. While some say it is nearly as large as the the other territories combined,[5] in actuality it is roughly a third of the landmass controlled by the Iron Throne.[4] The region is sparsely populated, with vast wilderness, forests, pine-covered hills and snow-capped mountains, speckled with tiny villages and holdfasts."

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/North

3 minutes ago, mattnj81 said:

No need, I now what you're talking about. The North has more people than just the Reach, or just the Stormlands, etc. But not more people than the South is my point.

Not the south as a whole, you are correct, but more population than each of the other regions in isolation.  The south combined is more populous. Thats true.

Added: I don't consider, "South" as a region .  Because South would be Dorne, Reach, Riverlands, Stormlands etc..

Archived